Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Comrie to ARI, Dahlstrom to WPG, Everyone else cleared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I agree. Upgrading Benning into Green would make me feel better about our ability to sustain a winning record while Larsson is out. When he comes back our right side would look pretty good with Larsson, Green, Bear/Persson.

The cap would be tight but assuming Benning would be a part of the deal then the Wings would have options on how they’d prefer to make the cap work. They can either retain 50% or we have guys like Gagner or Manning who both are UFA at end of the year and can be serviceable players at the bottom of a roster. They could potentially flip these guys to a team looking for depth at the deadline and potentially add a late round pick.

Green would provide another PP option and added puck moving ability. He’d probably be a good on ice role model for a lot of our young players who are similar players to himself stylistically. We could also potentially re sign him to a decent 1 year deal in the off season if they feel they could use him.
Plus Holland previously signed him, so convincing him to come to Edmonton might be more reasonable too.

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019
Speakicing of Hollsnd and his relationships how unreal would it be if he got Datsyuk over for one more playoff run??? We still look to need a third C and he could mentor the next two super stars like he got from Fedorov and Yzerman

There was talk I remember of Dats wanting to come back this summer so maybe a call from Ken is all it takes?? He has not started well in the KHL this year

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Speakicing of Hollsnd and his relationships how unreal would it be if he got Datsyuk over for one more playoff run??? We still look to need a third C and he could mentor the next two super stars like he got from Fedorov and Yzerman

There was talk I remember of Dats wanting to come back this summer so maybe a call from Ken is all it takes?? He has not started well in the KHL this year
That would be interesting, but he's 41 now, and currently on IR for his KHL team. I wonder how much NHL game he would have left at his age, honestly.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Thoughts?

Stats don't look good. Drafted after going 1.05 Pts/Gm in the Q, improved to only 1.18 pts/gm the next year. 2 years in the AHL and didn't sniff a point/game pace. His AHL performance looks worse than Pulju's and he's got way less potential/upside. So why should we make a trade, that on it's face looks like a loss right off the bat. If it was Gauthier++ I'd consider it maybe, but still would need to see Gauthier more, he very well could be done, as in not a prospect.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I’ve been on this for 2 years but Friedman reporter the Wings could look to move a UFA D-man. I think green would be a good addition and would help alleviate some of the pressure on guys like bear and Persson until Larsson returns.

cant see the ask being too much given his age, injury history and upcoming UFA status. Obviously they would need to take some salary back or retain on him.

Ideally we can send Benning back with other pieces and either they retain or take a guy like Gagner back as well.

pieces I’d be ok going along with Benning would be things like a 2nd, One of Lagesson/Jones.

I'd do it. I just don't think Stevie Y is stupid enough to be convinced that Benning is an actual NHL player.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
I personally hope we package JP with something, not just a 1-1 trade.

Something like this if the Rangers are out of it come deadline time, and we are sniffing around a playoff spot.

Kreider(extended) for Puljujarvi + Jones + 2nd + 4th round picks in 2020

Draisaitl-McDavid-Kassian
Kreider-RNH-Neal

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I'd be very irritated if Holland gave up Lagesson/Jones by themselves for an aging guy like Green let alone adding a 2nd onto it.

Not everyone can make the team though... we got alot of prospects and depth... not all are going to make it... we just have to make the right call on who's not going to be a player for us. That being said, I've wanted Green since forever, but I think the ship is sailing on him. I don't want him to come to Edmonton right when he gets too old for the game... which is exactly where this is headed.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
I personally hope we package JP with something, not just a 1-1 trade.

Something like this if the Rangers are out of it come deadline time, and we are sniffing around a playoff spot.

Kreider(extended) for Puljujarvi + Jones + 2nd + 4th round picks in 2020

Draisaitl-McDavid-Kassian
Kreider-RNH-Neal
and where are we finding the 7M+ for him?

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
We need to rebalance our prospect pool a little... maybe trade one D prospects for a Fwd prospect. We need another Ryan McLeod type... fast two-way forward. JP could have developed into that before his pouting. Or trade a pure shooting forward which we haven't had in... forever. We can probably lose Jones, Lagesson, or dare I say Bear. Bouchard, Samorukov, Broberg is already an excellent pool.

I know we wanted to draft Roope Hintz back in 2015... so aim for a prospect drafted in the 2nd round recently or trade for a 2nd in 2020.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Not everyone can make the team though... we got alot of prospects and depth... not all are going to make it... we just have to make the right call on who's not going to be a player for us. That being said, I've wanted Green since forever, but I think the ship is sailing on him. I don't want him to come to Edmonton right when he gets too old for the game... which is exactly where this is headed.
Yeah so you trade them for forward prospects/players not an aging defenseman who will be past by our prospects soon enough. I can wait till the end of the season to grab him anyways if he really wants to be apart of the organization going forward no reason to waste assets that are growing value wise by the year on a player at the end of his career who has trouble staying healthy for an entire season.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I honestly think that Caleb Jones is the odd man out. Lagesson is one of many Swede's on our team or in the system and seems to be a shut down type that would work out well for our 3rd pairing to give Nurse and Klefbom a break on the PK and in defensive zone draws once Russell moves on.

Then coming down the pipeline behind Jones, we have Samorukov and Broberg as LHD. Bear is showing very well and Bouchard is a year or less from grabbing a spot by the throat and not letting go. Benning and Jones are the two defensemen that I don't think will finish the season in this organization.

Reactions: MessierII

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta

he would need to clear waivers, its not going to happen

Reactions: KYams17

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Did anyone end up watching Julien Gauthier and have a breakdown on how he looked in his first couple NHL games?

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Did anyone end up watching Julien Gauthier and have a breakdown on how he looked in his first couple NHL games?

He got sent down tonight. Saw him briefly last game against the Isle in the final period and the final period tonight. Meh. Maybe a Khaira type with even less hands and puck protection skills.

Reactions: Burnt Biscuits

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Trade Larsson for someone to play the 2nd line le. The d somehow looks better without him and Nuge badly needs someone to help him out 5v5. Add a 2 rounder if you have to.

Jones can go in exchange for a center that can play on the 3rd line. Add Pulju if the return warrants it.

Those are the two holes in the roster rn, fill them and this team can be sustainably dangerous.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Trade Larsson for someone to play the 2nd line le. The d somehow looks better without him and Nuge badly needs someone to help him out 5v5. Add a 2 rounder if you have to.

Jones can go in exchange for a center that can play on the 3rd line. Add Pulju if the return warrants it.

Those are the two holes in the roster rn, fill them and this team can be sustainably dangerous.
For example something like this:

Larsson for Kapanen, Jones + Gagner + 3rd for Pageau

Drai - Mac - Kass
Kappy - Nuge - Steal
Nygard - Pageau - Chia
Khaira - Sheahan - PRussel

Nurse - Bear
Klef - Perss
KRussel - Benning

Smith
Kosko

The goaltending will just have to hold up. Add a vet d at the deadline as insurance for Benning shitting the bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad