Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Comrie to ARI, Dahlstrom to WPG, Everyone else cleared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019
"The trsde is one for one: Adam Larsson for Nikolaj Ehlers"

Jets have to consider they are getting their teeth kicked in with that d core

(okay MAYBE I would do Larsson + Pulju)

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Yeah, Jones and Lagesson may be able to tread water in the 3LD spot but if there's an injury to one of Klefbom or Nurse...

If Klefbom gets hurt the team is f***ed whether it's Russell, Jones or Lagesson replacing him.

But they're probably best to hold off on moving a d until Larsson gets back and they see if he can regain his form from a few years ago.

Then maybe they try Russell with Persson or Benning as the bottom pairing.

I still think Russell goes but maybe not until the summer if they're still in it until the deadline.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Trade Larsson for someone to play the 2nd line le. The d somehow looks better without him and Nuge badly needs someone to help him out 5v5. Add a 2 rounder if you have to.

Jones can go in exchange for a center that can play on the 3rd line. Add Pulju if the return warrants it.

Those are the two holes in the roster rn, fill them and this team can be sustainably dangerous.
I like the idea honestly.

I love Larsson, but the team is doing well right now without him. Mostly though, we have him for two years. With Bouchard coming, and Broberg soon after, we have to open up spots anyway. Keeping Larsson would be a great luxury, but it seems inevitable that we lose him for nothing to free agency.

But we could certainly wait to decide this. Maybe by the time he's better, we have an injury or two and want to keep him around.

Reactions: 780il

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I'd trade Larsson for Rakell. I agree I think Larsson walks at free agent. We don't have the money and I think a few guys will surpass him on the right side

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Don't think we can talk Larsson trade until we see how this Right D stacks up against some of the better offensive lines in hockey. Schedule has been soft, let's see if this team can get it done against the playoffs or better contenders in this league.

But if development of the right side continues... maybe next year with the insertion of Bouchard... Larss could definitely be a piece for us to move.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
I'm probably in the minority on this one because he isn't a "sexy" player, but I wouldn't mind going after Marcus Foligno out of Minnesota.

He's basically a better version of Khaira. (heavyweight fighter, hits more, bit more offense)

I've always liked his game, and he would come cheap. Khaira seems to play better when he knows his role/position on the team isn't secure, bringing in Foligno would make that a sure thing. Minnesota will definitely be sellers this year also.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
The same way there was no way the devils could have pulled Hall for Larsson eh?
Larsson +....maybe if Big Fella doesnt come back and they keep getting 7 goals scored against them every second
They have 3 natural LW s in Connor Ehlers and Laine...when Little returns maybe one of them will pop loose to shore up that D...Morrisey Pionk and and a bunch of 5, 6 and 7s right now

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019
Don’t think Coyotes have any thing we would want

Ducks Jets Leafs better trade partners

Larsson + Pulju for Ehlers
Larsson for Rakell
Larsson for Kapanen + pick

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
No worries everyone. If someone else gets hurt, you just slide Manning into the lineup. Problem solved.

We have several better options fighting for that opportunity in Bakersfield. I'm on the fence about trading Larsson, but long term our D is set and our F group has question marks. If Larsson can be part of a deal to bring in a long term top 6 forward, we have to consider it.

Where I am hesitant is the playoffs. If we make it, and we can ease Larsson back in, you want a guy like that out there during a long series.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
One name that really interests me is Alex Tuch. On a fantastic contract and injured rn.

Could we swing a deal with Larsson here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->