Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Comrie to ARI, Dahlstrom to WPG, Everyone else cleared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
While Al was funny to listen to Rob Brown kinda deserved that response honestly. :laugh:

He knew what he was doing with his reply.

Last edited:

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Russwll Gagner Bouchard plus Pulju or 1st 2020 to LA for Doughty
Manning Benning 5th to WPG for a 3rd thdy need the depth on D will have no cap problems if Buff retires

It works!!! 500k cap space

Holland would be sending the higher draft pick in that deal.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
While Al as funny to listen to Rob Brown kinda deserved that response honestly. :laugh:

He knew what he was doing with his reply.

I thought it was harmless banter. A bit antagonistic, given the dudes mental state. But I think he deserved that response to... Who the hell does he think he is to question who McDavid is?!

But I'm glad Brown said what he said.

Reactions: TB12 and oXo Cube

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Yikes, I didn't know Drew Doughty's contract is 11mil. I'd trade for him non the less.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Just need a good avatar to go with my new and improved user name.
pd6.JPG

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
So I was doing a number crunch for next year, and assuming everyone is doing good still and we make the playoffs next year, how would you feel about these numbers given out to the players below? The biggest ones I felt were:

Nurse at 6.5M for 8 years
Hoffman at 6M for 4 years
Kassian at 2.5M for 4 years
Everyone else was on 1-2 year contracts

Smith, Manning, Benning, Gagner, Granlund, Archibald let go.

Yes or no? And this is assuming the cap goes to 83M.

90b1d6bfe58349d42ae355e365064a49.png

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
So I was doing a number crunch for next year, and assuming everyone is doing good still and we make the playoffs next year, how would you feel about these numbers given out to the players below? The biggest ones I felt were:

I love kass, but I wouldn’t give him that contract

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
It's too bad we couldn't add another legit top 6 forward to the RNH line. Preferably one that can skate really well. I'd like to see Nygard get a shot there.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
I love kass, but I wouldn’t give him that contract

Yeah Kassian was a tough one. I figured 2.5 for 4 years would put him into retirement after that, but I am not sure if he'd take that kind of money. However, if he signs lower, we can afford Hoffman and Nurse to a long term deal which can benefit us for a strong playoff run(s) and maybe even contender in the next couple of years.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
2.5 x 3 is the max Id go for Kassian. He’s a 4th line winger that is working with Mcdavid/Draisaitl right now but his spot could go to numerous players and they’d still be productive.

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
Yeah Kassian was a tough one. I figured 2.5 for 4 years would put him into retirement after that, but I am not sure if he'd take that kind of money. However, if he signs lower, we can afford Hoffman and Nurse to a long term deal which can benefit us for a strong playoff run(s) and maybe even contender in the next couple of years.
Would rather trade someone to free up cap. Sign nurse, Kassian and hall.

Reactions: DaGap

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005

No to Hoffman
Yes to Nurse and Kassian (3 yrs?)

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
2.5 x 3 is the max Id go for Kassian. He’s a 4th line winger that is working with Mcdavid/Draisaitl right now but his spot could go to numerous players and they’d still be productive.

Kassian is no longer a 4th line player.
At worse he is a 3rd line player but what makes him so valuable is his versatility.
He has speed...he can score...he can hit and he can fight....most importantly he has cleaned up the stupid in his game. No more bad penalties and bad decisions.
He is like a utility infielder...he can be used anywhere in the lineup.

Players like that have help teams win.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I mean I would move Benning back as part of that deal, which would work for cap reasons and open up that roster spot.

Benning out Green in, Bear stays with Nurse and Persson moves down with Russell. I see no downside to this other then the usual cap and general cost concerns.

I agree. Upgrading Benning into Green would make me feel better about our ability to sustain a winning record while Larsson is out. When he comes back our right side would look pretty good with Larsson, Green, Bear/Persson.

The cap would be tight but assuming Benning would be a part of the deal then the Wings would have options on how they’d prefer to make the cap work. They can either retain 50% or we have guys like Gagner or Manning who both are UFA at end of the year and can be serviceable players at the bottom of a roster. They could potentially flip these guys to a team looking for depth at the deadline and potentially add a late round pick.

Green would provide another PP option and added puck moving ability. He’d probably be a good on ice role model for a lot of our young players who are similar players to himself stylistically. We could also potentially re sign him to a decent 1 year deal in the off season if they feel they could use him.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
I wonder if there is any chance we could pry Tierney out of Ottawa for Puljujarvi + Granlund? Might have to add a 3rd/prospect.

Draisaitl-McDavid-Kassian
Jurco-RNH-Neal
Nygard-Tierney-Chiasson
Haas-Sheahan-Khaira
Russell/Archibald

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
No to Hoffman
Yes to Nurse and Kassian (3 yrs?)

That's fair. I only suggest Hoffman only because we need a LW, and I'd like Hall, but not if it's gonna be like 9-10M. ANd Kassian, I'd be down for 3 years. I only suggest 4 just to entice him on a longer term vs smaller pay per year to be more competitive for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad