Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Comrie to ARI, Dahlstrom to WPG, Everyone else cleared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019
Hall (1 mil retain) for 1st Pulju Jones Gagner (salary purposes)
Lowry for 2nd Benning Khaira

First is probably best offer Devils get for a Hall if he is leaving for UFA. Second I think is more possible than people think Lowry off to a slow start again two years until UFA Jets need 1) right hand D 2) forward depth I think they do it

Tight to the cap only 600k to spare but well worth it when you can ice this

Drai McD Kass
Hall RNH Neal
Granlund Lowry Chiasson
Jurco Sheahan Russell
Nygard/Haas Archibald

Nurse Bear
Klefbom Larsson
Russell Persson
Lagesson

Kosko
SMith

If that happened would also think about giving Hall the Kessel treatment put him on the third line in playoffs to spread out offene and force teams to cover three lines

Drai McD Kass
Jurco RNH Neal
Hall Lowry Chiasson

Wish we still had Strome for that third line he and Hall would look good I bet

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Of course there aren't. He's a primary point producer and he'll get paid like one. That isn't what's been argued here. Over the past two pages I've offered up a number of valid concerns that apply to addressing depth roles with all-stars. We're not even digging into Hall's game at this point.

I'm just not really seeing a host of viable options that jump out.

If Hall is willing to take less on an extension for a chance to win with McDavid and Draisaitl ... I think you have to consider it.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
I think the only thing people have to keep in mind, is that we are day dreaming if we think this doesn't get done without a high end asset going the other way, especially because they would have to do us a favour by taking on some cap.

I know people have mentioned Larsson often, but he could be someone we want around for the playoffs. Both in terms of depth and style of play.

I'd be leaning towards something more like
1st
Jones or Samorukov (I'd hate to see him go, but we are deep on the left side)
Maksimov or McLeod
Gagner (cap dump)
Manning (cap dump)

for Hall under the condition that he agrees to a discounted 8 year deal.
8 year deal......I think in 5 years, Samorukov and/or McLeod will be better players than Hall. Gotta give to get but giving up both would be too much to stomach. Maksimov would be the one to give away. I'm ok with Jones as well.

Larsson for sure is not someone that we dump. We'll be forced to play Manning on 3rd pairing when injuries hit if we don't have Larsson.

Hall will not agree to a discounted 8 yr deal. Money is a certainty for players, the Stanley Cup is not. Take the money and run. A team in the pacific division will sign Hall and it won't be the Oilers. Possible landing point would be the Canucks, Sharks or Kings.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I think this is how Holland will see it. If Bear and Perrson can actually maintain their game and the team wins with out Larsson [while hes on LTIR], chances are Larsson might be the odd man out
Neither Bear not Persson will ever deem Larsson expendable. Puck movement is one facet of the D's responsibility. Another is the ability to disrupt the opponent's cycle, which is incredibly important in terms of the possession battle.

Philly ran our shit last night and did a really good job of pinning the top line at ES. If that continues we're in big trouble moving forward. It's nice to be 6-1, but some fans here are getting complacent really early on when Larsson is trade bait.

Reactions: BarDownBobo

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
8 year deal......I think in 5 years, Samorukov and/or McLeod will be better players than Hall. Gotta give to get but giving up both would be too much to stomach. Maksimov would be the one to give away. I'm ok with Jones as well.

Larsson for sure is not someone that we dump. We'll be forced to play Manning on 3rd pairing when injuries hit if we don't have Larsson.

Hall will not agree to a discounted 8 yr deal. Money is a certainty for players, the Stanley Cup is not. Take the money and run. A team in the pacific division will sign Hall and it won't be the Oilers. Possible landing point would be the Canucks, Sharks or Kings.

I doubt he agrees to an extension with the Canucks or Kings. He wants to play on a winner.

The Sharks don't have the cap room to pay him $11 million dollars either.

The only team that does and could be a contender at that salary range is Colorado.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Neither Bear not Persson will ever deem Larsson expendable. Puck movement is one facet of the D's responsibility. Another is the ability to disrupt the opponent's cycle, which is incredibly important in terms of the possession battle.

Philly ran our **** last night and did a really good job of pinning the top line at ES. If that continues we're in big trouble moving forward. It's nice to be 6-1, but some fans here are getting complacent really early on when Larsson is trade bait.

And Vancouver did the same to Larsson in the first game ... he's not an answer to any defensive woe the Oilers have. He is no "shut down" D, the reality is he's been one of the worst players on the Oilers back end for a while now.

Reactions: frag2

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Crosby might be a better option for the oilers. Imagine Crosby and McDavid together. Let's start that rumor so the Oilers have to answer to that instead.
Sure. Just get Elliot Friedman to mention Crosby, trade, and Oilers in the same sentence on national TV like he did with Hall last night.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
I doubt he agrees to an extension with the Canucks or Kings. He wants to play on a winner.

The Sharks don't have the cap room to pay him $11 million dollars either.

The only team that does and could be a contender at that salary range is Colorado.
Powerplay of Petterson, Boesser, Hughes and Hall. I think that's damn close to being a winner. Hall on the right side, Boesser on the left half wall, Petterson to play the role of McDavid distributing the puck to two trigger man.

Sharks will have Thornton, Pavelski and Marleau out of there soon. Maybe buy out Karlsson or ship him out to a sucker team.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
If you guys want to feel old, I was 13 when Hall was traded and it was an absolute travesty to me at the time. I was so disappointed. He was my favourite Oiler cause I grew up watching him and he was sometimes the lone bright spot in the Decade of Darkness. He was our heart and soul a lot of the time. A lot of my earliest hockey memories are because of Hall. His first goal, the natural hat trick against the Thrashers etc. I got over it, because it led to us going to the playoffs which is the only playoff series I can remember as I was too young for the 06 run to really remember. But despite that, I’ll always remember that game when we were down by 2 and we had an empty net and Taylor tried his absolute best to block the shot and it went in anyways. The image of him looking defeated in front of the net with his black eye in a worthless season always stuck with me. The guy was fearless and he did anything to win.

you are dealing with a board were some people have been here for 20+ years and we have at least 2 posters who are great grand parents twice over

a guy I played hockey with has a son in the NHL and i was sent pictures of that players son playing midget hockey a little while ago--Now that makes me feel old

Reactions: Drai Fi

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I'm just not really seeing a host of viable options that jump out.

If Hall is willing to take less on an extension for a chance to win with McDavid and Draisaitl ... I think you have to consider it.
It's this part. This is really, really, really optimistic. Sure, you consider it. But it just won't happen.

And even at Jeff Skinner money, I'm not convinced Taylor Hall earns his keep given the opportunity available to him here.

In terms of viable options, look at who gets traded year in, year out. Lots of options out there when we establish ourselves as legitimate buyers with actual NHL prospects on the table.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Sure. Just get Elliot Friedman to mention Crosby, trade, and Oilers in the same sentence on national TV like he did with Hall last night.
Create that fake twitter account and get the ball rolling now. Malkin also rumored to go to Edmonton. McDavid and Crosby on line one, Malkin and Draisaitl on line 2. If things don't work out, Crosby can play on the 4th line with Khaira and Granlund.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Powerplay of Petterson, Boesser, Hughes and Hall. I think that's damn close to being a winner. Hall on the right side, Boesser on the left half wall, Petterson to play the role of McDavid distributing the puck to two trigger man.

Sharks will have Thornton, Pavelski and Marleau out of there soon. Maybe buy out Karlsson or ship him out to a sucker team.

Canucks have cap problems of their own as well ... Petterson is going to need $11 million per also if that's what Hall gets.

The only defacto contender he could go to and get $11 per from is Colorado and that assumes Colorado views him as the final piece of their puzzle.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Create that fake twitter account and get the ball rolling now. Malkin also rumored to go to Edmonton. McDavid and Crosby on line one, Malkin and Draisaitl on line 2. If things don't work out, Crosby can play on the 4th line with Khaira and Granlund.
Cap space on line 3 and 4?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
It's this part. This is really, really, really optimistic. Sure, you consider it. But it just won't happen.

And even at Jeff Skinner money, I'm not convinced Taylor Hall earns his keep given the opportunity available to him here.

In terms of viable options, look at who gets traded year in, year out. Lots of options out there when we establish ourselves as legitimate buyers with actual NHL prospects on the table.

I think you consider it because Taylor Hall has explicitly said it himself.

He's a very wealthy young man because of the $6 million/year salary he got paid early in his life.

He's a very frustrated hockey pro because he's never had a chance to play on good teams. Even Tavares made the playoffs several seasons on Long Island.

No offence to Yakupov and RNH but they were no where close to stud no.1 overalls, neither are Hischier and maybe not even Hughes. Dude has some weird luck. Jordan Eberle is really for most of his career the best other player he's had on his team.

The real deal is Connor McDavid but he only got to play with him for 40 games in which McDavid was a rookie (Draisaitl too) and Leon Draisaitl and the 15-16 version of those players is nowhere close to how good they are now.

Doesn't hurt to make a phone call and ask. I do think deep down he would like to come back here too.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Let’s assume for the sake of conversation that Hall absolutely wants to come back. Why spend any assets via trade when he’s a pending UFA?
If the Oilers are in the playoff picture at the TDL, I would make a swing for Hall and get that extra boost for the playoffs. It would also be nice to see how he fits with the team before signing him to a mega extension.

RNH - McDavid - Neal
Hall - Drai - Chiasson

Bring our boy home

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
As much as I like Hall, I think we should pass. To old, and to much cap
I think this is a poor take. Imagine thinking 27 is "too old."

Every team in the league would be trying to re-sign Hall if he was on their roster including us. You have an opportunity to grab a star player without giving up trade assets, you take a run everytime.

That said, I wouldn't be trading for him if I'm Holland. Wait until UFA and see what happens.

Reactions: Matt19Oilers

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I think you consider it because Taylor Hall has explicitly said it himself.

He's a very wealthy young man because of the $6 million/year salary he got paid early in his life.

He's a very frustrated hockey pro because he's never had a chance to play on good teams. Even Tavares made the playoffs several seasons on Long Island.

No offence to Yakupov and RNH but they were no where close to stud no.1 overalls, neither are Hischier and maybe not even Hughes. Dude has some weird luck. Jordan Eberle is really for most of his career the best other player he's had on his team.

The real deal is Connor McDavid but he only got to play with him for 40 games in which McDavid was a rookie (Draisaitl too) and Leon Draisaitl and the 15-16 version of those players is nowhere close to how good they are now.

Doesn't hurt to make a phone call and ask. I do think deep down he would like to come back here too.
What are you adding here? This is just fluff. We should sign Hall as a favor to him because he's been dealt a bad hand? Yeah McDavid and Draisaitl are elite. They don't need him!

The roster requirement is a second line LW. Why do you need to buy the Ferrari when the Chevy Cruze would do the job?

I don't disagree they should call him in late June, but realistically we won't be a player. What we have to offer is a secondary role and less money. Unless Taylor is homesick, he should probably go somewhere where he gets to run it himself.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I think this is a poor take. Imagine thinking 27 is "too old."

Every team in the league would be trying to re-sign Hall if he was on their roster including us. You have an opportunity to grab a star player without giving up trade assets, you take a run everytime.

That said, I wouldn't be trading for him if I'm Holland. Wait until UFA and see what happens.
He'll be 29 in November of year one in his next deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad