Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Comrie to ARI, Dahlstrom to WPG, Everyone else cleared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Starting to think with Doughty losing his mind on losing team that he will demand a trade

how funny would it be if he asked to come here? He gets to chirp Tkachuk more times a year and play with the guy who he says is hardest to play against all while making a Canadian team a contender

Cap hard to work out but if we can get him while dumping bad contracts Holland should

We've got a lot of good young defensemen to add to such a trade. Say a couple of 1sts, a young D or 2 not named Bouchard or Broberg, forward prospect or 2 and a roster player or 2 to move out some cap. Somewhere along the line there maybe enough assets to get it done without gutting our team.

trick91

Jun 7, 2012
it would start with Broberg or Bouchard, a first rounder(or two), plus a prospect forward.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
No thanks.
That ship has sailed.

There are 2 ex Oilers I would welcome back and neither is likely to happen.
Those players are Hall and Strome.

Agreed, I would also welcome Cagguila back, good spark plug some games and can get 15 goals, was a solid utility player here

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
We've got a lot of good young defensemen to add to such a trade. Say a couple of 1sts, a young D or 2 not named Bouchard or Broberg, forward prospect or 2 and a roster player or 2 to move out some cap. Somewhere along the line there maybe enough assets to get it done without gutting our team.

TBH I'd do one of Broberg or Bouchard and send Russell back the other way.

Nurse - Doughty
Klefbom - Larrson

It would be real hard to get the cap to work, just glancing at capfriendly

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019

Nurse - Doughty
Klefbom - Larrson

Russwll Gagner Bouchard plus Pulju or 1st 2020 to LA for Doughty
Manning Benning 5th to WPG for a 3rd thdy need the depth on D will have no cap problems if Buff retires

Drai McD Kass
Jurco RNH Neal
Nygard Sheahan Chiasson
Granlund Haas Archibald
P Russell Khaira

Nurse Doughty
Klefbom Larsson
Lagesson Bear
Persson

smith
Kosko

It works!!! 500k cap space

Last edited:

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton

Nurse - Doughty
Klefbom - Larrson

I would give practically anything to get Doughty on this team. He will most likely still be a top defenceman for another 5 years. This would be my offer for him at the draft if we made the playoffs.

Russell
Broberg
1st
JP

Russell is just for cap purposes but those 3 prospects will help the Kings rebuild if they go that route.

Reactions: ResilientBeast

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Agreed, I would also welcome Cagguila back, good spark plug some games and can get 15 goals, was a solid utility player here

I dont know if there is room for Caggiula now. Who would he replace?

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
LA will have to retain some of Doughty salary. No way should we take on 11M/yr

With that being said, Doughty is an idiot for re-signing. He should have known LA is going downhill

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I don't think we'd get Doughty without moving something like Broberg/Bouchard, probably two 1st's +..

Tough for soon to be 30 year old.

aspin3

Oct 31, 2017
Sounds very

Nurse - Doughty
Klefbom - Larrson

Sounds very much the Niewendyk trade for Iginla. Calgary had 15 years of a superstar after Niewendyk retired.

aspin3

Oct 31, 2017
I would give practically anything to get Doughty on this team. He will most likely still be a top defenceman for another 5 years. This would be my offer for him at the draft if we made the playoffs.

Russell
Broberg
1st
JP

Russell is just for cap purposes but those 3 prospects will help the Kings rebuild if they go that route.

He will not be a top dman in 5 years. I bet he retires in 5 years.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I hate to bump this thread, but what a shock that it is so far down after a game day.

The past it was quite the shit show the day after as there were so many holes. Heck during the game this thread would've been busy.

Just such a weird year that I have no idea what is going on and what to think

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019
Oilers have had this kind of start during the decade of darkness I remember too well the 6-2-0 starts. Not impossible they keep playing above .600 but there are still couple too many holes for my liking. Go get a puck mover dman at least and this team has a fighting chance at playoffs

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I’ve been on this for 2 years but Friedman reporter the Wings could look to move a UFA D-man. I think green would be a good addition and would help alleviate some of the pressure on guys like bear and Persson until Larsson returns.

cant see the ask being too much given his age, injury history and upcoming UFA status. Obviously they would need to take some salary back or retain on him.

Ideally we can send Benning back with other pieces and either they retain or take a guy like Gagner back as well.

pieces I’d be ok going along with Benning would be things like a 2nd, One of Lagesson/Jones.

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019
I’ve been on this for 2 years but Friedman reporter the Wings could look to move a UFA D-man. I think green would be a good addition and would help alleviate some of the pressure on guys like bear and Persson until Larsson returns.

cant see the ask being too much given his age, injury history and upcoming UFA status. Obviously they would need to take some salary back or retain on him.

Ideally we can send Benning back with other pieces and either they retain or take a guy like Gagner back as well.

pieces I’d be ok going along with Benning would be things like a 2nd, One of Lagesson/Jones.

Yes Green I mention before he is the perfect fit vet right hander from Edmonton who can still run a PP

Don’t think it would cost much at all Benning/Gagner for cap plus B prospect and late pick

Eveb if Bear keeps it up when Larsson returns you just push Green to the third pair save him for PPs

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Yes Green I mention before he is the perfect fit vet right hander from Edmonton who can still run a PP

Don’t think it would cost much at all Benning/Gagner for cap plus B prospect and late pick

Eveb if Bear keeps it up when Larsson returns you just push Green to the third pair save him for PPs
I mean I would move Benning back as part of that deal, which would work for cap reasons and open up that roster spot.

Benning out Green in, Bear stays with Nurse and Persson moves down with Russell. I see no downside to this other then the usual cap and general cost concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad