Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Brouwer Bought Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Lucic; isles have their overpaid,declining forward in Ladd.
Lucic has negative value and holds no interest

Sekera: isn't he out for 5-6 months after surgery? Another player with negative value,you think other teams covet?

Nurse:The ONLY Oiler offered up with any value and I am not interested in moving Leddy's 40+ pts.

Sekera has value because he can be put on the LTIR and still count against the cap. He also has less term and salary then Leddy. Lucic and Boychuk are both in the deal simply because Lucic wants out and Boychuk adds a big shot to the Oilers until Bouchard in ready. Also I have a feeling Nelson wants out of New York as well.

The whole reason the Islanders do this deal is they want to tank for Hughes and build for the future. A Nurse Pulock pairing in 2-3 years would be pretty nice for you guys. Leddy helps us over the next 4 years but then is on the down swing. While you guys get Nurse in his prime.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I feel like our roster has the following makeup with a couple tier or spots to fill.

RNH - McDavid - A
A - Draisaitl - A
B - Strome - B
C - Brodziak - Kassian

Klefbom - Larsson
Nurse - D
D - E

Players fighting for spots (players can fall down into lower ones but I am listing guys who would be legit fighting for that spot)

A -
Puljujarvi, Aberg, Rattie, Yamamoto, Rieder, Lucic

B-
Caggiula, Benson

C-
Upshall, Marody

D-
Benning, Lagesson, Russell

E-
Gravel, Lowe

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Thinking Emelin will be a Oiler by the end of the week....maybe a PTO

I'd be down with that, but can he handle anything more than a 3rd pairing role? I like having a big hitter on defense. Outside of Gryba the last one that we had was Sutton.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
@Bryanbryoil
So based on our conversation in the Pulju thread I think the most ideal (if players actually work in camp) forward lines would be.

RNH - McDavid - Pulju
Lucic - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
Khaira - Strome - Rieder
Upshall/Caggiula - Brodziak - Kassian/Aberg

Reactions: HailMcJesus

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I'd be down with that, but can he handle anything more than a 3rd pairing role? I like having a big hitter on defense. Outside of Gryba the last one that we had was Sutton.
I'll be honest, if they could find Sutton, that would be great for the bottom of the defense

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
@Bryanbryoil
So based on our conversation in the Pulju thread I think the most ideal (if players actually work in camp) forward lines would be.

RNH - McDavid - Pulju
Khaira - Strome - Rieder
I don't know that Yamamoto makes this team out of camp and I think we're all underestimating Aberg's opportunity on this team

Roster might look like

RNH - McDavid - Puljujarvi
Rieder - Draisaitl - Aberg
Lucic - Strome - Upshall/Caggiula
Khaira - Broadziak - Kassian
Caggiula/Upshall, Rattie

Klefbom - Larsson
Nurse - Benning
Russell - Bouchard
Gravel

Talbot
Kostinen

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
@Bryanbryoil

RNH - McDavid - Pulju
Khaira - Strome - Rieder

I think that unless Jesse or Yamamoto crushes it in preseason that we will see Rattie start with McDavid and Nuge. IMO Yamamoto would do well on that line as he has 2 big guys to do the dirty work and he can maximize his skills.

My guess for the starting lineup would be:

RNH-McDavid-Rattie
Lucic-Draisaitl-Rieder
Khaira-Strome-Puljujarvi
Caggiula-Brodziak-Kassian
Upshall/Aberg

If you switch Jesse and Rieder that could amount to a solid two way 3rd line. Maybe we could see something like this:

Lucic-Draisaitl-Puljujarvi
Rieder-Strome-Khaira

Last edited:

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I think that unless Jesse or Yamamoto crushes it in preseason that we will see Rattie start with McDavid and Nuge. IMO Yamamoto would do well on that line as he has 2 big guys to do the dirty work and he can maximize his skills.

RNH-McDavid-Rattie
Lucic-Draisaitl-Rieder
Khaira-Strome-Puljujarvi
Upshall/Aberg

If you switch Jesse and Rieder that could amount to a solid two way 3rd line. Maybe we could see something like this:

Rieder-Strome-Khaira
I feel like a Lucic, Draisaitl and Rider third line would maybe have one of the 3 hit 50 points. And just barely. Outside of Draisaitl there isn't much scoring ability there

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada

RNH-McDavid-Rattie
Lucic-Draisaitl-Rieder
Khaira-Strome-Puljujarvi
Upshall/Aberg

Rieder-Strome-Khaira

If they load up with skill...

RNH-McDavid-Rattie/Marody
Reider-Draisaitl-Puljujarvi
Lucic-Strome-Yamamoto
Caggiula/Khaira-Brodziak-Aberg
Kassian/Upshall

Klefbon-Larsson
Nurse-Bouchard
Russell-Benning
Gravel

Last edited:

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I feel like our roster has the following makeup with a couple tier or spots to fill.

RNH - McDavid - A
A - Draisaitl - A
B - Strome - B
C - Brodziak - Kassian

Klefbom - Larsson
Nurse - D
D - E

Players fighting for spots (players can fall down into lower ones but I am listing guys who would be legit fighting for that spot)

A -
Puljujarvi, Aberg, Rattie, Yamamoto, Rieder, Lucic

B-
Caggiula, Benson

C-
Upshall, Marody

D-
Benning, Lagesson, Russell

E-
Gravel, Lowe

No love for Khaira

Reactions: McDaddy

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Rattie looks ok for 14 games and all’s fine but giving your 20 year old recent 4th overall pick a look there is irresponsible? I don’t compute.

Agreed. Rattie is not any sort of answer long-term for McDavid's RW. Rattie has barely proven he is NHL caliber. It bodes poorly for the

Puljujarvi is hopefully the long-term answer as the 1RW on this team. Thankfully it appears that the team is committed to that. Even if Puljujarvi isn't ready to play that role at the start of the season there is hope. Idealy he gets enough looks, and his game continues to evolve that he will be ready for that role in 2019-20.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Sekera has value because he can be put on the LTIR and still count against the cap. He also has less term and salary then Leddy. Lucic and Boychuk are both in the deal simply because Lucic wants out and Boychuk adds a big shot to the Oilers until Bouchard in ready. Also I have a feeling Nelson wants out of New York as well.

The whole reason the Islanders do this deal is they want to tank for Hughes and build for the future. A Nurse Pulock pairing in 2-3 years would be pretty nice for you guys. Leddy helps us over the next 4 years but then is on the down swing. While you guys get Nurse in his prime.

With Malkin opening his checkbook, the isles do not need to play cap floor tricks,so take Sekera out.

Isles biggest need is top 4D. 2 yrs ago the top 4 was Leddy, Boychuk,Hamonic +CDH. Isles traded Hamonic,lost CDH for 1/2 season and lost Boychuk for 18 games. Leddy was solid the first 18-20 games, then asked to do too much when injuries hit. Zero interest in trading 27 yr old Leddy. We will agree to disagree that Leddy is on the downside.

Boychuk had knee surgery and cannot be counted on to be a big minute eater at this point. I would rather have 60 games of Boychuk, then 70-80 games of Lucic. Both are bad contracts, but Boychuk fills a team need.

Nelson, a repeat 20 goal scorer likely gets moved for picks at the TDL.

I like Nurse,but would not take on 2 cap dumps + trade both my top pairing D+ a repeat 20 goal scorer for him.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

He did in Montreal. He’s definitely not a legit top 4 guy, but I don’t think he’s too far off from a guy like Russell either

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
LTIR Sekera and go get Karlsson

It's that easy :D

Nurse-Karlsson
Klefbom-Larsson
Russelmania-Benning

Obviously we would have to move a d-man in a package but if not that D is superb.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
I could see Caggiula or Aberg and a 2nd or 3rd being shopped for a defenseman. Don't really see a way to fit both on the opening day roster, and if Yamamoto impresses that's just too many smurfs. Also have a feeling Marody could steal Rattie's spot.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
LTIR Sekera and go get Karlsson

It's that easy :D

Nurse-Karlsson
Klefbom-Larsson
Russelmania-Benning

Obviously we would have to move a d-man in a package but if not that D is superb.
How many freaking times does it have to be said that we're on his no trade list....seriously people. Even half-assed reading these boards (or hockey news in general) you should know this.

oilers89

Jun 4, 2008
Medicine Hat
How many freaking times does it have to be said that we're on his no trade list....seriously people. Even half-assed reading these boards (or hockey news in general) you should know this.

Im just going to say one thing quick. Lots of times when a player puts together his no trade list, they elimate teams they know have no shot at trading for them (Up against cap, bottom feeder, Great D already etc) So they don't even put them on. And they put teams on there list that they think would possibly deal for them just to be able to have control of it before it happens. Just bcecause a team is on a list doesn't mean there is no hope in it happening. Not saying Karlsson would waive. Just point it out.

Reactions: guymez and Aerrol

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014

And how many times does it have to be said? It's never been confirmed or even reported by a reputable insider that this is the case. No one has seen or heard Karlssons list. Yes, it's more likely he wants to go to the states given the chatter around Tampa and Vegas, but I'm sick of people acting like it's gospel that he refuses to come here.

Let people throw out their made up proposals, it's the off season.

Reactions: PistolPete
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad