Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Brouwer Bought Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
While he's 27 he's an interesting pickup. Only one year in North America. Scouting report is that he's a mobile puck mover that can play physical.

Sounds like a more aggressive Auvitu

Could be a good pickup but likely riding the bench even with injuries. Hope he shows well.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Could be a good pickup but likely riding the bench even with injuries. Hope he shows well.
The one thing he has is he isn't a timid player like Auvitu was. Seemed to put up decent AHL numbers 11 points in 17 games. Over a full season he would've damn near been our leading scorer in the AHL.

Reactions: Aerrol

BowDangles

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Jonathon Willis seems to think that Jerabek was the best UFA option left.
Willis is usually pretty non biased and solid when it comes to player analysis as well.

On another note: I've been away most of the summer and am wondering - what do fans think the ask from Carolina would be for Faulk? I'm sure you guys have talked about it a ton so whats the consensus?

Edmonton has the cap space now with Sekera hurt - Lowetide suggested a young player like Jujar Khaira plus picks + prospects this morning..

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Jonathon Willis seems to think that Jerabek was the best UFA option left.
Willis is usually pretty non biased and solid when it comes to player analysis as well.

On another note: I've been away most of the summer and am wondering - what do fans think the ask from Carolina would be for Faulk? I'm sure you guys have talked about it a ton so whats the consensus?

Edmonton has the cap space now with Sekera hurt - Lowetide suggested a young player like Jujar Khaira plus picks + prospects this morning..
Maybe it's more then that? Maybe you move bodies around too?

To CAR: Russell, Benson and Caggiula

To EDM: Faulk and Williams

Get a veteran to play in the top-6?

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
Faulk will go for a cheaper package than Skinner. It's no secret that Carolina wants to move him.

Wouldn't surprise me if its for Aberg and a 2nd and a 4th or something crazy like that.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Jerabik is your Sekera replacement/fill in. Ta-da. Why would there be another trade now? They have 7 D under contract outside of Sekera now when Nurse signs.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Faulk will go for a cheaper package than Skinner. It's no secret that Carolina wants to move him.

Wouldn't surprise me if its for Aberg and a 2nd and a 4th or something crazy like that.

Faulk would've been on a flight out to Edmonton a week ago if that was available to the Oilers. It's not.

Why would Faulk have lower value than Skinner? He plays a far more valuable position, isn't a rental, is the team captain, 3 time All-Star, has scored as many goals as Erik Karlsson has in the last 3 years basically.

You really think you're getting that player for freaking Aberg + some toss in picks? Really?

The ask starts with the Oilers 1st and probably goes up from there, and I doubt Chiarelli even has authority to trade that pick. He'd likely have to clear it with Katz and Nicholson and that's probably a "no, Peter" seeing as how that's one injury to McDavid or Draisaitl away from potentially being Jack Hughes.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
With Malkin opening his checkbook, the isles do not need to play cap floor tricks,so take Sekera out.

Isles biggest need is top 4D. 2 yrs ago the top 4 was Leddy, Boychuk,Hamonic +CDH. Isles traded Hamonic,lost CDH for 1/2 season and lost Boychuk for 18 games. Leddy was solid the first 18-20 games, then asked to do too much when injuries hit. Zero interest in trading 27 yr old Leddy. We will agree to disagree that Leddy is on the downside.

Boychuk had knee surgery and cannot be counted on to be a big minute eater at this point. I would rather have 60 games of Boychuk, then 70-80 games of Lucic. Both are bad contracts, but Boychuk fills a team need.

Nelson, a repeat 20 goal scorer likely gets moved for picks at the TDL.

I like Nurse,but would not take on 2 cap dumps + trade both my top pairing D+ a repeat 20 goal scorer for him.

As I said, the only way the Islanders do the deal is if they want to tank for Hughes and rebuild. And Im saying Leddy will be on the downside in 4 years when the Islanders should theoretically be trying to rebuild for. Holding onto Leddy and not making any changes ensures the Islanders dont give themselves the best chance of picking 1st overall.

Move the guys I mentioned as well as Lee and Eberle. Build around Barzal, Beauvillier, Dobson, Wahlstrom, Pulock and whatever other good prospects yu can get for the above players.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Faulk would've been on a flight out to Edmonton a week ago if that was available to the Oilers. It's not.

Why would Faulk have lower value than Skinner? He plays a far more valuable position, isn't a rental, is the team captain, 3 time All-Star, has scored as many goals as Erik Karlsson has in the last 3 years basically.

You really think you're getting that player for freaking Aberg + some toss in picks? Really?

The ask starts with the Oilers 1st and probably goes up from there, and I doubt Chiarelli even has authority to trade that pick. He'd likely have to clear it with Katz and Nicholson and that's probably a "no, Peter" seeing as how that's one injury to McDavid or Draisaitl away from potentially being Jack Hughes.

Guess if we got Hughes Draisaitl gets moved for a true 1D . There no way we keep McD , Nuge , Draisaitl , Hughes . That is over kill centre depth

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Guess if we got Hughes Draisaitl gets moved for a true 1D . There no way we keep McD , Nuge , Draisaitl , Hughes . That is over kill centre depth

You move Hughes to wing in that case. Nugent Hopkins is really probably the odd man out in that equation long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->