Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Brouwer Bought Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
You move Hughes to wing in that case. Nugent Hopkins is really probably the odd man out in that equation long term.

I'm pretty sure they'd just dump Lucic + a prospect Arizona if that happened.

RNH - McDavid - Rattie
Yamamoto - Drai - Hughes

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I'm pretty sure they'd just dump Lucic + a prospect Arizona if that happened.

RNH - McDavid - Rattie
Yamamoto - Drai - Hughes

Ty Rattie will be playing in the AHL and looking to play in Europe if the Oilers have the type of season that lands them Jack Hughes.

Yamamoto + Hughes on one line is too small.

RNH McDavid Puljujarvi
Hughes Draisaitl Kassian
Lucic Strome Yamamoto

Is probably more along the lines of what would happen. Kassian is a better player than Rattie, Yamamoto could move up to the McDavid line when its warranted.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Jerabik is your Sekera replacement/fill in. Ta-da. Why would there be another trade now? They have 7 D under contract outside of Sekera now when Nurse signs.

Unless Nurse is Getting moved.....

Klefbom-Larsson
Russell-Benning
Jerabek-Bear/Bouchard
Gravel

Moving Nurse for a youngish RHD to push Benning down could make some sense. Maybe something like Nurse to Jersey for Severson and Bratt.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Ty Rattie will be playing in the AHL and looking to play in Europe if the Oilers have the type of season that lands them Jack Hughes.

Not necessarily. We've already seen one lost season despite McDavid and his rotating linemates having career years. It can happen again, especially if the team depth sinks again, and I wouldn't count out Rattie.

RNH McDavid Kassian
Hughes Draisaitl Puljujarvi
Lucic Strome Yamamoto

Is probably more along the lines of what would happen. Kassian is a better player than Rattie, Yamamoto could move up to the McDavid line when its warranted.

Meh, small lines aren't that big of a deal anymore.

Karlsson-Marchessault-Smith are small to average.

Johnson-Palat-Gourde-Point all played with each other in TB and they're all smallish players.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Joshua Marshall‏ @JMarshyBosco93 Jun 19
More
.@EdmontonOilers & @StLouisBlues News: Things are picking up around the #Oilers right now, a few things are being talked about like all teams are doing but the Oil are very active in getting a right shot D There is truth to the #STLBlues D Colton Parayko rumours that involves EDM

Does anyone know anything about this poster

Disregard . i did not notice the date

Despite the tweet. I could also see Nurse being moved to St. Louis for Parayko. I think Jerabek was brought in, in case Nurse sits out part of the season.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Unless Nurse is Getting moved.....

Klefbom-Larsson
Russell-Benning
Jerabek-Bear/Bouchard
Gravel

Moving Nurse for a youngish RHD to push Benning down could make some sense. Maybe something like Nurse to Jersey for Severson and Bratt.

I can tell you something ... Connor McDavid will be very upset. His roommate traded twice to New Jersey for a questionable return, lol.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Not necessarily. We've already seen one lost season despite McDavid and his rotating linemates having career years. It can happen again, especially if the team depth sinks again, and I wouldn't count out Rattie.

Meh, small lines aren't that big of a deal anymore.

Karlsson-Marchessault-Smith are small to average.

Johnson-Palat-Gourde-Point all played with each other in TB and they're all smallish players.

There's small lines and then there would be small, lightweight lines.

Hughes and Yamamoto are like 160 pounds each, lol. You're better off making sure there's a little beef around to protect them until they gain some man strength.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
There's small lines and then there would be small, lightweight lines.

Hughes and Yamamoto are like 160 pounds each, lol. You're better off making sure there's a little beef around to protect them until they gain some man strength.

I put them with Drai as he's a bigger body who would be able to distribute the puck to his smaller, speedy wingers.

Hughes will likely be up to 5'11" 170-175ish by the time he starts his NHL career.

Besides, have you looked at those TB players:

Gourde - 5'9" 169 lbs
Johnson - 5'8" 183 lbs
Point - 5'10" 166 lbs
Palat is a giant in comparison lol - 6'0" 188 lbs

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I can tell you something ... Connor McDavid will be very upset. His roommate traded twice to New Jersey for a questionable return, lol.

Your either overrating Nurse, or underrating Severson and Bratt. I dont think Jersey would do that deal straight up, but if they would its a steal for us.

RNH-Mcdavid-Puljujarvi
Lucic-Draisaitl-Bratt
Khaira-Strome-Rieder
Upshall-Brodziak-Kassian
Caggiula, Aberg

Klefbom-Larsson
Russell-Severson
Jerabek-Benning
Gravel

Severson with his big point shot would help our PP immensely.

Edit: Would also like to add if NJ would trade Butcher straight up for Nurse Id do it everyday of the week. Butcher is a #1 dman in the making. You heard it here first.

Last edited:

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
That would be interesting, but I suspect he either retires or sits this year out to physical recover. Maybe signs later in the season.

I'd be shocked if he tries to sign late in the season. When was the last time that kind of signing strategy worked out for a player? I can think of Mike Fisher, who was absolute trash without the regular season rigors to get him going. Iginla tried it and just never got signed period.

Just seems like its rough coming into the season part way through, especially for an older guy, and teams are leery of making those signings too.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I'd be shocked if he tries to sign late in the season. When was the last time that kind of signing strategy worked out for a player? I can think of Mike Fisher, who was absolute trash without the regular season rigors to get him going. Iginla tried it and just never got signed period.

Just seems like its rough coming into the season part way through, especially for an older guy, and teams are leery of making those signings too.
Chris Kelly last year if I recall correct.

I don't disagree, I'm just saying I could see that if he gets healthy. And someone will pay him regardless.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Nash actually would be a decent fit.

RNH-McDavid-Nash
Rieder-Draisaitl-Puljujarvi
Lucic-Strome-Kassian
Khaira-Brodziak-Upshall
Caggiula/Aberg

Draisaitl's wingers are a little weak, but overall that's a decent set.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Nash actually would be a decent fit.

RNH-McDavid-Nash
Rieder-Draisaitl-Puljujarvi
Lucic-Strome-Kassian
Khaira-Brodziak-Upshall
Caggiula/Aberg

Draisaitl's wingers are a little weak, but overall that's a decent set.

There is a reason why NO one has made a serious attempt at signing Nashs. His wheels have fallen off and he asking too much money. he made 8.2 last year--I do not see him taking less then 6 from a team on a multi year deal and the Oilers do not have that money and should not make that move

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
There is a reason why NO one has made a serious attempt at signing Nashs. His wheels have fallen off and he asking too much money. he made 8.2 last year--I do not see him taking less then 6 from a team on a multi year deal and the Oilers do not have that money and should not make that move
Again, my understanding of the situation is reasonable offers have been made, but Nash's health issues are what the "hold up" is.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Despite the tweet. I could also see Nurse being moved to St. Louis for Parayko. I think Jerabek was brought in, in case Nurse sits out part of the season.

IF the oilers and blues are talking you would have to think the blues are looking at something like Nurse. Yamamto and something for Parayko--his 5.5 is a goood contract--problem the blues face is that they are like the oilers and are in cap crunch

Current cap space for the blues 295k

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I thought Nash announced his retirement after the season ended?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
He said he was waiting for a legit offer

comes down to how you view what is a legit offer. Nash likes money and I think he is still looking to get paid--but like I said earlier--I think his wheels fells off
Nash told teams he wasn't on the market. He's not waiting for any offer as he has no idea if he wants to play.

Nash telling teams he's unsure about playing

This is essentially the last credible thing out there on the guy.

One of the biggest names in NHL free agency has informed teams he's not on the market.
Rick Nash, 34, is taking time to contemplate whether to play in the 2018-19 season, according to his agent Joe Resnick, who declined to detail what Nash's considerations were with regard to his future.

Reactions: Stud Muffin

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

RNH McDavid Puljujarvi
Hughes Draisaitl Kassian
Lucic Strome Yamamoto

and McDavid may look for an exit strategy if we are that bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->