Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: 1st Rounder in Play? Ruh Roh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Perron for Pitts 1st was the best one in awhile. But it was short lived.

That trade was a roller coaster

Started off below average. A pick that looked to be in very late first
NVM wait, the Pens miss the playoffs for the first time in forever! Top 15 pick baby. And a loaded top 15 to boot, what a good trade
Ok who are we going to pick from this smogorasbord of good prospects? Barzal? Chabot? cant wait!
Wait, hold on, go back, we traded the Pick for Griffin Reinhart? My god

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Spooner, Talbot, 2nd for Bobrovski. Improves our goaltending this year and frees up some cap space for next year. I'd make it our 1st if Josh Anderson came back with goalie Bob.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Imagine saying this line in the summer of 2015, youd be laughed off stage. "Oilers being deficient on the wing?! are you kidding, the Oilers are loaded with wingers?!"

Damn, how bad PC has screwed this team up

It's a combination of continued downgrades and underperformance of the players they received in return.

For instance, Spooner should be eating up competition on lower lines but he's a black hole.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Spooner, Talbot, 2nd for Bobrovski. Improves our goaltending this year and frees up some cap space for next year. I'd make it our 1st if Josh Anderson came back with goalie Bob.

The 1st alone could bring back something better then a struggling UFA to be goalie and Josh Anderson.

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london
It's sad that the Oilers have been reduced to literally 3 top 9 NHL forwards and then a bunch of trash.

I have no idea how to fix it yet without serious overhaul.

X-McDavid-Draisaitl
X-RNH-X
Benson-X-Yamamoto

would be my top nine skeleton for now. Jujhar can get in there if he's more consistent. Puljujarvi is going to need to really get it going soon.

Khiara is a good 3rd liner imo. (they are inconsistent).

Everyone else is bad 4th line production. Ideally we need 3 more top six forwards.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Chia saying "I told you we shouldn't have traded Eberle for cap space" to HFOil. "Now look what you made me do, we have nothing, not even a spoon".

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Khaira looks like a beer leaguer tonite. Cant play center

If only we had a stop gap like Ryan Strome...

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Why does St. Louis want Hamilton so bad? They have Pietrangelo, Parayko, Bouwmeester, Dunn, Edmundson...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad