Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: 1st Rounder in Play? Ruh Roh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Considering his creepy and off putting demeanor, I'm assuming he's doing more than just *sitting* on those thumbs.

Monkey smelling finger gif wont embed
monkey-smells-gif-3616856

monkey-smells-gif-3616856

Last edited:

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Would Schenn be a fit ? I’ve always liked him
I'm not a fan, always seemed like his hockey IQ was a bit questionable and he seems overly prone to running hot or cold for long stretches.

I'd guess there is atleast one or two teams out there that would bet that the Schenn of last year is the kind of player he is and his numbers are only down this year cause nearly the entire team is underperforming, but I think the Schenn of last year was the abnormality and not the normal level of performance you can expect out of him.

Obviously we are garbage and I'd take the added offensive punch if he was relatively cheap to pick up, but I'm guessing he'd fetch a 1st rd pick+ and that's more than I'd pay for this player.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Not to mention overpaid

If we made that trade Saad would become another new boat anchor contract we’re trying to get rid of and we’d have given up one of our most valuable trade chips.

Oh God he’s a forward with term. Please don’t let this be the idiot Chia is targeting.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I mean, we might be at a point where we need to recoup on JP's value rather than bank on him turning here. Him being here really isn't adding or subtracting from the forward/winger group at the moment. I don't see how he's any better than Cooper Marody at this point, which is rough, but true.

Fans forget thing so quick . Let’s look at Puljujarvi . He was injured when drafted which set him back . Then he could not speak English . Those 2 things probably cost him 2 years of development . The kids a big 2 way RW , that can skate and shoot the damn puck . I see Chia doing something dumb like trading Nurse + Puljujarvi and our 1st hence my OP on the mains . If I had my way Chia would be fired today . Bring in a competent GM . Only trade UFAs at the deadline . Try and move Lucic and or Sekera in the offer season . We have too many holes for a quick fix . Make dumbass trades to make the playoffs only to lose in the first or second rd is useless . Talk to McDavid and let him in on the plan . I am sure if it is laid out properly he would buy in .

Cap is increasing so if we could dump a few contracts we may be able to go after Stone or Duchene all while keeping our draft picks and adding some picks threw trades

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Spooner, Talbot, 2nd for Bobrovski. Improves our goaltending this year and frees up some cap space for next year. I'd make it our 1st if Josh Anderson came back with goalie Bob.
I'm not paying a second for Bob who is struggling just as much as what we have. Getting rid of Spooner would be nice for next year, but as bad as he's been we still need some vet forwards and not more rookies playing on this club

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Brandon Pirri. People don't think he is a liability now.

He's the kind of chance that should he taken here.
The whole league had multiple shots on this guy every year for a few years now. Not sure what the deal is wiht him.

Although he also did way better in the AHL this year, so maybe he's putting in an effort?

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Id be down for Saad. I dont like the contract, but there is a chance he bounces back. If we could offload Lucic in another deal, Id be in to get Saad for cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad