Rumor: Rumour and Proposals Thread: Is Kenny "Chiasson" a LWer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
“Nicer”.
It has a nicer, emptier downtown. :dunno:
explain "nicer"
people in Calgary aren't nicer...they think their shit don't stink
if you like brown, tree-less hills or the urban sprawl on the northside than sure...I agree
The city itself is much nicer, especially comparing the downtown cores. Then you have the mountains and chinooks vs.... Rabbit Hill, Snow Valley and cheaper housing?

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Not sure if we want to listen to a guy who is hearing whispering voices.

Whispering voice: Patrick....

Patrick: 0_0

Whispering voice: Watch Edmonton...

Whispering Voice: ...a trade will happen...maybe...

(Patrick picks up banana phone)

Patrick: The people must know!!

Whispering Voice:...nuuuuuggggggee

Exactly that :D

Reactions: MettleMcOiler

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
The city itself is much nicer, especially comparing the downtown cores. Then you have the mountains and chinooks vs.... Rabbit Hill, Snow Valley and cheaper housing?

The downtown cores are probably the only thing where Calgary is 'objectively' better. There are wonderful wooded areas and parks in and around Edmonton, with a more natural river valley, and the weather is too similar to give an edge because of chinooks (would rather have consistent snow than slushy garbage half the time but that's JMO, like your points are just your opinion).

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Trading Nuge for a winger is dumb because he's already playing wing effectively while giving you the option to run him at C.
Exactly. McDavid and Drai aren't going to play every game. That's also a reason to get a 3c in his prime

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Trading Nuge for a winger is dumb because he's already playing wing effectively while giving you the option to run him at C.

RNH should be untouchable and either extended or a handshake agreement to extend after the expansion draft. How many near PPG wingers are out there in the 6 million range that can play C and have proven chemistry with Mcdavid and Draisaitl?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
RNH should be untouchable and either extended or a handshake agreement to extend after the expansion draft. How many near PPG wingers are out there in the 6 million range that can play C and have proven chemistry with Mcdavid and Draisaitl?
I'm on the fence about outsmarting the expansion draft with Nuge. With Larsson, sure, but I kind of want to get Nuge nailed down

Also it looks like the D is where the main vulnerability is with expansion

Reactions: B33K33PING

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Nuge for Laine ;)

Honestly, I wouldn't even do that. Nuge's versatility with his ability to play center or wing on either of the top 2 lines and also be a key part of the PK is invaluable to the Oilers. Not to mention that Laine might get nearly double of what Nuge might get if he has a big year. Not a big fan of the one dimensional goal scorers tbh.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
If we sign one of the Florida wingers (assume the terms are the same), who would you want? Hoffman or Dadonov?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
If we go 7-3 then we should lock him up early.
If we wait to extend Larsson, the three would be Bear, Klef and Nurse, so I suppose it leaves Jones vulnerable. Maybe 4-4 is better, but I imagine we will try adding a 3c and another winger. Unless we get guys 1 year to ufa

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
I would argue it's more to do with the refusal to close the municipal airport many moons ago restricting the height of the buildings downtown.
here I thought the reason Calgary's downtown core is so much "nicer" is due to all the oil sector's corporate headquarters there thus the need for fancy big tall towers

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
The downtown cores are probably the only thing where Calgary is 'objectively' better. There are wonderful wooded areas and parks in and around Edmonton, with a more natural river valley, and the weather is too similar to give an edge because of chinooks (would rather have consistent snow than slushy garbage half the time but that's JMO, like your points are just your opinion).

The rule of thumb is that summer temperatures between Calgary and Edmonton are not that dissimilar. In the winter, spring, and autumn, Calgary is 5 degrees warmer on average than Edmonton (I travel a lot between the two cities).

If it is -10 C in Edmonton, it is probably -5C in Calgary, etc.

Not a big difference in the grand scheme of things. Plus Calgary has lots of wind which sucks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oilhawks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad