Rumor: Rumour and Proposals Thread: Is Kenny "Chiasson" a LWer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Nuge just doesn't seem like a guy that has that level of intensity needed for playoffs. I know the fan base is all emotionally attached to him since we've had him since he was like 13, but at the end of the day he's an expensive complimentary winger.

With that being said, I don't trade him UNLESS we're getting atleast a top-6 player or top-3 defenceman in return.

Reactions: MesstoFace11

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Nuge just doesn't seem like a guy that has that level of intensity needed for playoffs. I know the fan base is all emotionally attached to him since we've had him since he was like 13, but at the end of the day he's an expensive complimentary winger.

With that being said, I don't trade him UNLESS we're getting atleast a top-6 player or top-3 defenceman in return.
Why would you possibly consider trading Nuge for anything less that that. Frankly that is setting the bar pretty low.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
I wouldn't, that's why I wrote that I wouldn't.

What's your point? Are you trying to start an argument with someone that you agree with?
I think the way you worded it made it seem like a top 3 defenseman or top 6 winger would be an overpay (as in you wouldn’t accept anything less than an overpay for Nuge), but it would only be one if it was a top 2 or a top winger (imo).

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
We have enough real arguments here as is, no need to get antsy over imaginary arguments as well. ;)

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan

I guess I'm confused why you would trade a guy who is already a top-6 player, who scores 60-ish points/year, and who can play center quite well if 97/29 get injured..... for a top-6 player? Like, he is already that guy. If you are wanting to trade him for the same player, but a player who is bigger and brings different intangibles to the game, okay I guess, but good luck finding that player, and especially trading for him. I whole-heartedly disagree with going down in skill btw, and would not trade RNH for a player with "more intangibles", I was just using that as an example.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I guess I'm confused why you would trade a guy who is already a top-6 player, who scores 60-ish points/year, and who can play center quite well if 97/29 get injured..... for a top-6 player? Like, he is already that guy. If you are wanting to trade him for the same player, but a player who is bigger and brings different intangibles to the game, okay I guess, but good luck finding that player, and especially trading for him. I whole-heartedly disagree with going down in skill btw, and would not trade RNH for a player with "more intangibles", I was just using that as an example.
Nuge is also the perfect player for the team in that he's about the best possible player we could have without being a high cap hit. He would be 7.5 max I'd think, especially here where there is history and we can offer the extra year.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
You guys need to set the bar low on a return for RNH. He's a year from free agency, his value is likely a 1st round pick. If were moving him, it indicates to me that he's asking for a lot more then Holland's willing to pay. In saying that I could see him as part of a potential OEL deal. RNH+Russell+1st 2021 for OEL+Kuemper

Beef Bacon

Jan 9, 2018
  • I don’t post often but everyone who is concerned about trading Nuge is glossing over the part of the tweet and subsequent tweet where he says he hasn’t heard Nuge specifically it’s just his guess because he’s heard Nuge’s name in the past which could be last week or years ago. My money is on a lhd moving out

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
You guys need to set the bar low on a return for RNH. He's a year from free agency, his value is likely a 1st round pick. If were moving him, it indicates to me that he's asking for a lot more then Holland's willing to pay. In saying that I could see him as part of a potential OEL deal. RNH+Russell+1st 2021 for OEL+Kuemper
Who even said the Oilers are looking to move him? No one, some random guy on Canucks Twitter speculated, literally put his own guess.

Rufus Aslegard

Jun 15, 2019

unless there is a Klefbom or nurse move for a scoring forward, this makes no sense to me

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Who even said the Oilers are looking to move him? No one, some random guy on Canucks Twitter speculated, literally put his own guess.
Yep. He heard Edmonton is going to be making moves and then just threw the RNH thing as his opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad