Rumor: Rumour and Proposals Thread: Is Kenny "Chiasson" a LWer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I could see Laine for Nuge + Klef

Not saying I WANT that - but I could see that being the offer especially if we got OEL for just picks/prospects/Russell

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Anyone else think we should just sign Bear long term? Look at how great the Klefbom contract turned out. Bridging Nurse was our only option but with Bear we have a little bit of space.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
We need to stop with the buyouts, it's how you end up with over $4MM of dead space like we had this past year. Next year, our buyout situation is drastically better and we don't need to go f*** it up again buying out Neal.

Agree better to move him next year at 50% . He should have some value at 2.9 for 2 years

Reactions: Nostradumbass

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
The only way I trade Nuge is if someone is desperate enough for a center to give us two top 6 wingers for him...

Yep. Would have to be a winger and a high pick. Or a top 6 winger with a great prospect.

It would not be good if it was Nuge straight up for a winger.

EDIT: Now if Chicago wanted RNH and was willing to part with Debrincat and a first round pick this year ...

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Anyone else think we should just sign Bear long term? Look at how great the Klefbom contract turned out. Bridging Nurse was our only option but with Bear we have a little bit of space.

You can’t being as the Oilers are right against the cap this year. Signing Bear to a long contract right now would be ideal due to the flat cap, but Oilers can’t afford year one.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
@Fourier

Given the new CBA. What is the best type of contract for a player to sign on say a 3 year deal and then 3+ year?

Just wondering with the new escrow rules what is the ideal contract for a player.

Is there a benefit to a team with money that giving signing bonuses can help the team and the player?

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Yep. Would have to be a winger and a high pick. Or a top 6 winger with a great prospect.

It would not be good if it was Nuge straight up for a winger.

EDIT: Now if Chicago wanted RNH and was willing to part with Debrincat and a first round pick this year ...
Not a fan of having Debrincat and Yamo in our top 6. One short guy is enough, two makes it kinda easy to get pushed around especially when it’s a soft short guy like Debrincat. (Yamo is our honey badger you can’t fw that guy)

Also there is no way they’re giving us Debrincat + 17 for Nuge when they already have Toews/Dach/Strome down the middle.

I could see Columbus trying to send us Anderson + Texier + pick or something but no way I’m taking that.

Maybe call up Minny and ask for Kaprizov + Kunin/Ek. Although they probably decline that easily.

Idk how about we just keep a guy that wants to be here and is a major contributor. #KeepNugeForever

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Not a fan of having Debrincat and Yamo in our top 6. One short guy is enough, two makes it kinda easy to get pushed around especially when it’s a soft short guy like Debrincat. (Yamo is our honey badger you can’t fw that guy)

Also there is no way they’re giving us Debrincat + 17 for Nuge when they already have Toews/Dach/Strome down the middle.

I could see Columbus trying to send us Anderson + Texier + pick or something but no way I’m taking that.

Maybe call up Minny and ask for Kaprizov + Kunin/Ek. Although they probably decline that easily.

Idk how about we just keep a guy that wants to be here and is a major contributor. #KeepNugeForever

I would rather keep RNH as well. Any team trying to get him would need to make the kind of offer that everyone on here would consider a "no brainer" type of deal.

Having said that, MINNY makes some sense. They have no centre depth at all. I am not familiar with their roster enough to know what I would want from that team.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I've never actually looked at the breakdown of 97's contract. He's probably not going to make any money from his base salary for playing this season since it's probably going to be deferred.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
@Fourier

Given the new CBA. What is the best type of contract for a player to sign on say a 3 year deal and then 3+ year?

Just wondering with the new escrow rules what is the ideal contract for a player.

Is there a benefit to a team with money that giving signing bonuses can help the team and the player?
I am not entirely sure what you are asking here. Are you asking how t best structure a three year deal from the player's perspective factoring in escrow? And then the same for a 3+deal? Is there a particular player you have in mind since I think it would depend somewhat on what stage the player was at and how much money you were talking about roughly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad