Rumor: Rumour and Proposals Thread: Is Kenny "Chiasson" a LWer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Maybe Jones and a little sump for Korpisaalo
Trading for a goalie a year out from Seattle expansion is a bad idea imo. If that guy doesn’t outperform Koskinen next year it turns into a big issue of who to protect. Likely throwing away assets for nothing.

Plus after seeing Bobrovsky struggle with the Panthers this year I’d be super leery of Jackets goalies outside of that system.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Greiss
Raanta
Bernier
Reimer
Dell

That would be my list/ranking for realistic goalie options that performed well under relatively tough workloads last year.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Trading for a goalie a year out from Seattle expansion is a bad idea imo. If that guy doesn’t outperform Koskinen next year it turns into a big issue of who to protect. Likely throwing away assets for nothing.

Plus after seeing Bobrovsky struggle with the Panthers this year I’d be super leery of Jackets goalies outside of that system.

Pretty sure we will have a D better than Koskinen...but I see your point.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Greiss
Raanta
Bernier
Reimer
Dell

That would be my list/ranking for realistic goalie options that performed well under relatively tough workloads last year.

Yeah I think I would aim towards Greiss on like a 2 year deal if possible. Hes been pretty good in a 2 goalie system. Hes old enough that he shouldnt be getting any crazy contracts. Only thing that scares me is that NYI system I think makes goalies look better than they are. They lost Lehner and they just kept ticking along. Work your german magic Drai.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
You will join the Korpisaalo train....in time...

33d3e5a6fa5b40986f74e7060af5c0cd.png

You're just asking to get Bobrovskyed with these guys.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I should note, Seravalli mentioned Tuukka Rask and Parayko on his trade bait piece, didn't put them on the trade board though.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Reading the tea leaves and projecting a bit...

Oilers bring back Pulju from Karpat

Bjork for Chiasson

OEL for Neal + 14OA + Russell + Samorukov

Nurse for Ehlers

AA for 2020 2nd

Re-sign Ennis and sign Greiss as UFA

Ehlers - McDavid - Puljujarvi
Nuge - Draisaitl - Yamomoto
Bjork - McLeod - Kassian
Ennis - Haas - Archibald

OEL - Larsson
Klefbom - Bear
Jones - Benning

Koskinen
Greiss

Last edited:

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I’d have no problem bringing him back. He was great for us in stints and I won’t let 1 bad period in the play in round change what I think about him. There are better goalies out there but Smith still has some game left as a backup.

Im only against bringing both Smith and Koskinen back. I'd prefer Koskinen as well.

It just seems better to have someone grow with the team.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
I’d have no problem bringing him back. He was great for us in stints and I won’t let 1 bad period in the play in round change what I think about him. There are better goalies out there but Smith still has some game left as a backup.

I have huge problems with him coming back, he wasn’t good for EDM in “stints” he was good for one stint, his run from mid January to early March. When he wasn’t on this stint he wasn’t just bad, he was flat out horrible. Does everyone forget the threads on this sub at the end of December praying that he would get jetted into the sun? He’s 38 this next season, was a whopping .15 worse in the SVP category than his counterpart who played almost identical minutes. Edmonton was among the bottom teams in the league when it comes to 5V5 SVP, goaltending was about the only metric they didn’t improve on last year.

IMO priorities go

Good 1B option, NOT Smith, way better options out there, also will be a very compact schedule from the sounds of it.

3C

Top 6/9 LW if AA/Ennis are no longer with the team.

A veteran depth D if Benning moves on in FA

Cam98

Jun 24, 2009
Reading the tea leaves and projecting a bit...

Oilers bring back Pulju from Karpat

Bjork for Chiasson

OEL for Neal + 14OA

Nurse for Ehlers

AA for 2020 2nd

Re-sign Ennis and sign Greiss as UFA

Ehlers - McDavid - Puljujarvi
Nuge - Draisaitl - Yamomoto
Bjork - McLeod - Kassian
Ennis - Haas - Archibald

OEL - Larsson
Klefbom - Bear
Jones - Benning

Koskinen
Greiss

cap won't work with those deals.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Hell no... 1 period of bad play? The guy statistically was at the very bottom of the league the whole season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad