Rumor: Rumour and Proposals Thread: Is Kenny "Chiasson" a LWer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Keep in mind a Boston 1st is probably 25th or below. Nurse has more value than that I think.
Fair enough - hadn't considered that. Although I do think Boston regresses next season, especially if they don't address the Krug/Chara losses properly.

I have no faith we'd use that pick wisely or develop that prospect properly.

All that says to me is he has 15 points in his last 37 playoff games. That's...not good.

If we're trading Nurse, I'd want to be adding to him to fetch a no-doubter top line winger. DeBrusk isn't the two way forward we need. He's a scorer that's kind of mostly okay at scoring.

What sort of forward is realistically available though? I'd love to get Ehlers instead but I'm not sure how feasible that is.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Can you get a 20+ goal scorer like Neal for 3.8 mil? I’m not sure you can.

And that’s a good point. My counter is that can you upgrade another position with an additional 3.8M? I don’t know if there is a right answer.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Fair enough - hadn't considered that. Although I do think Boston regresses next season, especially if they don't address the Krug/Chara losses properly.

What sort of forward is realistically available though? I'd love to get Ehlers instead but I'm not sure how feasible that is.

Ideally you trade Nurse for a top line forward, and either sign a D replacement in FA or trade the 14th for a top 4 D-man.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

That's why Kenny makes the big bucks, I guess. The biggest piece I give up for Debrusk is 14th. If that's a no, then I'm fine with that. For me Nurse would only be available for an Ehlers or Nylander level forward talent. Or better.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
And that’s a good point. My counter is that can you upgrade another position with an additional 3.8M? I don’t know if there is a right answer.
It’s not like we’re overflowing with 20 goal scoring wingers though.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
That's why Kenny makes the big bucks, I guess. The biggest piece I give up for Debrusk is 14th. If that's a no, then I'm fine with that. For me Nurse would only be available for an Ehlers or Nylander level forward talent. Or better.

I wouldn’t even give up the 14th for him. Honestly? I think he’s essentially AA playing on a better team.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
DeBrusk is one of the most overrated forwards talked about here. Guy hasn’t broken 45 points in a season, and scored 27 goals in a year where he shot over 17%. His career norm seems to be 15-20 goals shooting around 11%. Is that worth a first round pick? I’d say no.

27 goals in 68 games and 19 in 65 last (this?) year, he also scored some big playoff goals and brings speed and tenacity along with being a high character guy.
He's a bit inconsistent but he's a guy I have a lot of time for. He'd be a fan favorite here in no time.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I wouldn’t even go that high for Debrusk honestly.

Reactions: ChaoticOrange

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
27 goals in 68 games and 19 in 65 last (this?) year, he also scored some big playoff goals and brings speed and tenacity along with being a high character guy.
He's a bit inconsistent but he's a guy I have a lot of time for. He'd be a fan favorite here in no time.

He’s AA playing on a better team.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
He’s AA playing on a better team.

Oh stop, he's better than AA. The stats might be similar but Debrusk brings a lot more to the table. He can be a factor when he's not scoring, AA is a big dud when he's not scoring.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Oh stop, he's better than AA. The stats might be similar but Debrusk brings a lot more to the table.

Because he’s associated with being on a winning team with winning culture. That’s essentially the crux of it.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Oh stop, he's better than AA. The stats might be similar but Debrusk brings a lot more to the table. He can be a factor when he's not scoring, AA is a big dud when he's not scoring.

Like what?

DeBrusk gets heavy offensive zonestarts and isn't physical at all. He doesn't PK. He has one strong goalscoring season and a bunch of meh, much like Athanasiou.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Because he’s associated with being on a winning team with winning culture. That’s essentially the crux of it.

Not really. AA had issues with work ethic, bad attitude etc. going back to before Detroit.
You put both on the market wtih all else being equal and I bet every GM would take Debrusk over AA. I'd consider 14th overall for him.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Not really. AA had issues with work ethic, bad attitude etc. going back to before Detroit.
You put both on the market wtih all else being equal and I bet every GM would take Debrusk over AA. I'd consider 14th overall for him.

Those are issues of perception. The actual on ice performance is similar. DeBrusk has the advantage in xGA but that’s largely because of the difference in team and line quality.

Sign Hoffman for free and you get better offensive production with similar profiles elsewhere.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Like what?

DeBrusk gets heavy offensive zonestarts and isn't physical at all. He doesn't PK. He has one strong goalscoring season and a bunch of meh, much like Athanasiou.

Debrusk definitely mucks it up and doesn't shy away from physical contract while AA floats his way through most games. Just because he doesn't lay out big hits that doesn't mean he isn't physical.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I watch a lot of Boston. Been my 2nd team since 1990. Jake Debrusk doesn’t do much aside from decent scoring. He’s below average defensively, not physical, doesn’t penalty kill.

Reactions: Cloned

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
You hope

You have literally no clue who they draft, or how that player will develop.

My point is it might just end up being a Jake Debrusk, in a good case scenario
No, I meant in a trade. You can get a better return than DeBrusk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad