Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Where Creativity is murdered by Skepticism and the Salary Cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Have to think if we hire McCrimmon, a Miller acquisition might be a possibility.
Even if we don't hire him, which is preferable, he'd be a likely target. The guy is as buy-low as it gets and fits our needs to a tee.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Larsson for Kapanen
Russel/ prospect for Brown
RNH for Subban
Jones gets full time job

You are not getting Subban for RNH alone .

8th OA for Kadri . He better then RNH and he a pest . Plus it saves us 1.5 million in cap
RNH for Zucker or RNH + Larsson for Subban
Benning for Brown

Draisaitl McD Kassian
Zucker Kadri Brown or
Benson Kadri Puljujarvi

Klefbom Subban as a top pairing

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

8th OA for Kadri . He better then RNH and he a pest . Plus it saves us 1.5 million in cap
Benning for Brown

Draisaitl McD Kassian
Zucker Kadri Brown or
Benson Kadri Puljujarvi

****ing gross. I like Zucker a lot but he's barely cheaper, had a piss poor year and then we bring in Kadri to take suspensions when our team needs him most. RNH + Larsson for Subban is pure crap, Nashville's fans have said that his play took a hit this season and there's no telling whether that's a one off or the start of a trend.

Way too much risk in these trades outside of the Benning one.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta

Benning for Brown

Draisaitl McD Kassian
Zucker Kadri Brown or
Benson Kadri Puljujarvi

Subban is about to turn 30, put up 30 points this year and makes 9 Million a year for 3 more years. No thanks.

Reactions: 780il

North

Jun 25, 2009
Subban is about to turn 30, put up 30 points this year and makes 9 Million a year for 3 more years. No thanks.

Playing on the second pairing. He’s living off his past rep for some people advocating to acquire him.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
What's the maximum possible that you guys would be looking to retain on Lucic? 50% 60%?

Not possible . You can only retain 50% max . I would not do any more then 1/3 so 2 million cap hit . His real money will be 16 million over 4 years after his bonus is paid . Retaining 1/3 and they getting Lucic for 10.333 million over 4 years with a 4 million dollar cap hit . I think Lucic at 2.65 million a year has some value

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Colin Miller is the guy. Low acquisition cost, still young, relatively affordable salary. Good for 30 to 40 points and can play all situations.

I don't understand the allure of trading for superstars.

I agree better to add a few decent depth players that don't cost an arm and a leg

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
****ing gross. I like Zucker a lot but he's barely cheaper, had a piss poor year and then we bring in Kadri to take suspensions when our team needs him most. RNH + Larsson for Subban is pure crap, Nashville's fans have said that his play took a hit this season and there's no telling whether that's a one off or the start of a trend.

Way too much risk in these trades outside of the Benning one.

Nashville fans has said his play never dropped off he was just injured . Just hasn't fully recovered . Larsson is also playing like crap . Also Kadri is a better shutdown centre then RNH and a better goal scorer . If you are talking about liking a player . I much rather have RNH over Subban ( I think he is an asshole ) Or Kadri whom I always viewed as a me first player . Even his contract negotiation have been difficult . Like I said I would rather do the 8th OA Russell for Zucker + the 12th OA . The 12th OA for Kadri

RNH McDavid Draisaitl . Loaded 1st line
Zucker Kadri Puljujarvi . Leave Puljujarvi there and let him develop chemistry . That 2nd line brings a lot more to the table then we have now

If I was the GM . I would draft at 8th OA . Then focus on moving contracts . I make a call to every GM and let them know you are open for business but it has to be cap for cap

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
Nashville fans has said his play never dropped off he was just injured . Just hasn't fully recovered . Larsson is also playing like crap . Also Kadri is a better shutdown centre then RNH and a better goal scorer . If you are talking about liking a player . I much rather have RNH over Subban ( I think he is an ******* ) Or Kadri whom I always viewed as a me first player . Even his contract negotiation have been difficult . Like I said I would rather do the 8th OA Russell for Zucker + the 12th OA . The 12th OA for Kadri

RNH McDavid Draisaitl . Loaded 1st line
Zucker Kadri Puljujarvi . Leave Puljujarvi there and let him develop chemistry . That 2nd line brings a lot more to the table then we have now

If I was the GM . I would draft at 8th OA . Then focus on moving contracts . I make a call to every GM and let them know you are open for business but it has to be cap for cap

Acquiring Kadri would be decent. I would run nuge on the second line still . Kadri would play 3rd line C with more minutes shuffled in like how Connor and Leon are utilized.

Puljujarvi should play in the AHL and develop there unless he actually gets top 6 minutes and is ready for the challenge.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Isn't Subban making a TV show now? Would be very disrespectful of Nashville to mess up all of Subban personal projects with a trade IMO.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany

The length of his contract is one of the reason I like the idea of Subban. Takes him to only his mid-30's, and the perfect transition point for guys like Bouchard to step up.

He's expensive, but the Oil have pieces they can send back to balence the cap (think Sekera).

Plus even if Subban isn't the player he once was, he's still an upgrade on what the Oil have; and adding someone like him still gives the defence some major credibility, instead of leaving it looking like a patchwork solution.

Nurse-Subban
Klefbom-Larsson
Russell-_____

Everyone's in a role they can handle, and you've got the perfect defence to insulate the young talent like Bouchard, Jones, Bear, And Lagesson as they look to break into the NHL over the next year or so.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Nashville will want Bouchard in return for Subban. Not worth it. Just wait another year and sign Spurgeon

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The problem with Subban is Nashville will almost certainly want the 8th overall pick or maybe even more likely Bouchard + 1 of Klefbom/Nurse/Larsson.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I think if you could do something around 8th overall and P.K. Subban, it would make sense for both teams.

However, due to Subban's salary, it's almost impossible for the Oilers to pull off. One of Sekera or Russell would have to go to Nashville and then you're still way off in matching the money.

A Subban/Larsson/Bouchard (Or Bear, Persson or Benning, competition!) right side though is pretty awesome, probably the best right side the Oilers have had in a long time.

I think Colin Miller is a much more attainable guy to go grab. Cheaper, young, signed, can move up and down your pairings. Considering Vegas scratched him a few times this year, I think he'd be available for the right price. He has a few defensive gaffes but frankly, he's pretty solid and underrated.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Would we trade Subban for RNH?
I think NSH would be happy with the swap.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Isn't Subban making a TV show now? Would be very disrespectful of Nashville to mess up all of Subban personal projects with a trade IMO.
Kinda like how Habs traded him after he donated 10M to a hospital in MTL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad