Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Draft Day! Does Holland Improve the Team or Does He Nibble on His PB&J Sandwich?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
With all the new available options after not being qualified, is Connor Brown still worth signing without considering alternatives?
Brown would be Kostin replacement on par with Janmark/Bjugstad.. if there is a better 1.5M RWer available then sure

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Would it be asinine to trade Ceci and try to make it to the trade deadline with Broberg plugged into his spot on the right side? It frees up money to add forward depth with all these players not receiving qualifying offers, and also allows Broberg to play decent minutes, potentially building trade value or becoming a permanent fit. It could also allow the Oilers to lock up Bouchard for 2-3 years instead of one.

Michael McLeod is an absolutely perfect fit in the bottom 6.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Based on what's going on today, here are my Projected forward lines for opening night.

Kane-McDavid-Brown
Nuge-Draisaitl-Hyman
Holloway-Duchene-Sprong
Foegele-McLeod-Mcleod
Kostin-Toews-Yamamoto
Janmark-Ryan-Lavoie
Bjugstadt

Based on health, I have Sprong ahead of Brown now at the same price.

That said, if Holland has a secret deal in place, I don't see him being the type to go back on it.
You do realize that Yams and Kostin got traded right? You're also putting us at least 10 million over the cap...

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Cap friendly has us with 7,170 is space with 9 forwards, 6 Dmen and both goalies signed. Bouchard and Mcleod will probably take up 4.5 million. That leaves us with 2,6170 to sign 3 forwards under 875k each if we want to run with 13 forwards and 7 Dmen.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Based on what's going on today, here are my Projected forward lines for opening night.

Kane-McDavid-Brown
Nuge-Draisaitl-Hyman
Holloway-Duchene-Sprong
Foegele-McLeod-Mcleod
Kostin-Toews-Yamamoto
Janmark-Ryan-Lavoie
Bjugstadt

Based on health, I have Sprong ahead of Brown now at the same price.

That said, if Holland has a secret deal in place, I don't see him being the type to go back on it.
Isn’t Ullmark coming over from Boston too? :)

Reactions: McBooya42

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Cap friendly has us with 7,170 is space with 9 forwards, 6 Dmen and both goalies signed. Bouchard and Mcleod will probably take up 4.5 million. That leaves us with 2,6170 to sign 3 forwards under 875k each if we want to run with 13 forwards and 7 Dmen.
Probably can take out Niemelainen’s 762k.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
I'm curious what's going to happen with Ottawa and Debrincat.

He was supposed to be traded by this point, qualifying offer is due today too.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Actually it is with 7 defensemen. Niemo is on that list so it is really $8M with 9 forwards and 6 defensemen. I suspect that they will go with a 22 man roster to start the season so about $3M with a $500K cushion for the extra forwards. But it is possible that they could go with a 21 man roster if they need to .

Do you pick them over McDavid and Hyman? I’m holding onto what I know that Brown is coming here. I hope so it’s here
I am not saying that Brown will go to TO. Only that it is very plausible that they have an interest in him. It they have their own contract issues to deal with and right now those are probably taking up a lot of Treliving's time.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
So I think the simple reality of things right now with all these new names hitting the market is Kulak, Ceci, and Foegele aren't realistically going to be anyones first choice for who they are looking to acquire, we'll have to wait for the market to shake out and have teams lose out on the guys they are targetting, our guys will become more appealing in the aftermath.

With that said we don't have the money to be big players, its more about the smart shrewd moves, on day one we are mostly going to be looking at players we can sign to $1M-ish deals and depth signings.

Also I think a simple reality is we do need to actively make our team worse in that I think we'll need to try and replace one of Foegele, Kulak, or Ceci with an inferior player in the name of cap-savings, obviously as small of a downgrade as possible, but we need to be atleast $1M under the cap IMO for deadline purposes, 1 step back for 4.65 steps forward ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00