Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Draft Day! Does Holland Improve the Team or Does He Nibble on His PB&J Sandwich?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I have a feeling Kostin is still asking too much and not getting the market at all. Maybe Detroit just didn’t want arbitration to happen and still is negotiating but it’s interesting too teams have now tried.
His agent and current contracts held.
1688168640870.png

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
It’s literally killing player’s careers while simultaneously lowering the quality of the league.

I think it is the flat cap that is doing it. Too many teams are in a bad position cap wise and the middle tier salary player gets squeezed. Another real issue is that the upper limit for players is too high so the superstars are taking too big a piece of the pie. The rank and file of the NHLPA needs to wake up and demand that the upper limit be lowered to something like 10 or 12% vs 15% so there is more for the middle tier players to share.

Reactions: K1984

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I have a feeling Kostin is still asking too much and not getting the market at all. Maybe Detroit just didn’t want arbitration to happen and still is negotiating but it’s interesting too teams have now tried.

Kostin's arb number is pretty high, I believe they think it would be in the $1.5 - $2M range. Doesn't get a QO so likely means he was offered $1.5M or less in a take it or leave it scenario. Agent will probably see if anyone else offers more and if not they circle back to Detroit or perhaps even Edmonton.

Pretty dangerous game of chicken for his agent to be playing with a role player who barely saw the ice when it counted and already on his 2nd NHL team.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I don't care, guys that can play are better
He has a very unremarkable career trajectory since being drafted. 8 years since his draft, hasn’t yet hit 100 games and 2 organizations have given up on him, and now in Buffalo and they still have him on the AHL team for the most part. I think we can do much better.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Another Oiler UFA is Tyler Benson who is a Group 6 UFA. Wonder if he latches on with another NHL team or heads to Europe? We have a lot of young players heading into Bako next year, doubt he is in the Oilers organization for this coming season.

In other words, no one, not even Kostins agent, knows what’s going on. What a shitshow.

Kostins agent needs a whack upside the head.

He posted this before Kostin wasn't offered a QO. Does Spec ever really have the inside scoop on something like this?

Yes I know, I was just wondering if there is something to it being announced tomorrow or if Kostin and his agent really do have shit for brains.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Another Oiler UFA is Tyler Benson who is a Group 6 UFA. Wonder if he latches on with another NHL team or heads to Europe? We have a lot of young players heading into Bako next year, doubt he is in the Oilers organization for this coming season.

Kostins agent needs a whack upside the head.
You’re much more ”to the point” than I was. I like that.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Boy those Johansen/Duchene/Turris signings a few years ago by the Preds sure are costly.

Between the Johansen retention and the Duchene/Turris buy outs the Preds are going to have 8.5M-12M of dead cap for the next 3 seasons.

Yeah, I think Kostin’s agent has now f***ed him out of a couple nice paydays.
Hopefully he'll see the Oilers are the best spot for him and we can reup him.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
On another note, who puts raw zuchini in a salad? You're supposed to fry it up with some spices and cheese.

Major suppertime philisophical point of contention between Mrs 5 and I at the dinner table tonight...

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Boy those Johansen/Duchene/Turris signings a few years ago by the Preds sure are costly.

Between the Johansen retention and the Duchene/Turris buy outs the Preds are going to have 8.5M-12M of dead cap for the next 3 seasons.

Hopefully he'll see the Oilers are the best spot for him and we can reup him.
Agreed, hopefully they’ve reached out and said the 1M x 1 offer still stands.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
The funny thing is Chicago wasting money and spots on these old men when they'd have so many interesting options to pick up tomorrow.

They could almost put together their own Vegas/Seattle band of misfits only with a generational player to grow with them.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
He probably wants decent third line money. If so, we are out

But maybe his cost comes down.

Still, have GMs done something as antagonistic as that to another GM ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese