Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Draft Day! Does Holland Improve the Team or Does He Nibble on His PB&J Sandwich?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
The funny thing is Chicago wasting money and spots on these old men when they'd have so many interesting options to pick up tomorrow.

They could almost put together their own Vegas/Seattle band of misfits only with a generational player to grow with them.
And they traded for Perry, then gave him 4M, who else did they think they were bidding against? lol…between that and the whole Kostin not getting qualified thing, it’s been a weird couple days.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
On another note, who puts raw zuchini in a salad? You're supposed to fry it up with some spices and cheese.

Major suppertime philisophical point of contention between Mrs 5 and I at the dinner table tonight...
Gotta side with Mrs on this one. Any veggie can be sautéed or baked but they also can be put fresh/raw in a yummy salad.

And you can always flick them off to the side or feed them to the dog, but I know from experience that my dog doesn’t like it.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
expect a Jack Campbell resurgence
Trade Foegele

Kane - McDavid - Hyman
RNH - Draisaitl - Sprong
Holloway - R. McLeod - Brown
Janmark - M. McLeod - Ryan
Brown isn't going to sign to play on the third-line.

Out of the entire NHL the Oilers are the team that can offer the exalted RW spot to play with one of McDavid or Draisaitl.

Oilers have to weaponize this and choose the right player.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Gotta side with Mrs on this one. Any veggie can be sautéed or baked but they also can be put fresh/raw in a yummy salad.

And you can always flick them off to the side or feed them to the dog, but I know from experience that my dog doesn’t like it.

I ate about half of them just to keep the peace and the dog won’t touch them either.

But those things raw are gross!

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I assume he's done, unfortunately, but I mean a flyer on Nolan Patrick? Let him just very slowly recover and see if you might find a player if his health improves.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I ate about half of them just to keep the peace and the dog won’t touch them either.

But those things raw are gross!
;)

The fact that my dog knows he doesn’t like them neither, reinforces my view on raw zucchini. Baked with cheese or in a chocolate cake is it’s proper home.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
He posted this before Kostin wasn't offered a QO. Does Spec ever really have the inside scoop on something like this?
tenor.gif

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
It's weird. 2 years ago we had the rumours of Hyman and 25m in cap space. Last year it was the wonder if Kane would stay and the rumours of Campbell.

Why am I just as excited this year when have $47 to spend?

I assume he's done, unfortunately, but I mean a flyer on Nolan Patrick? Let him just very slowly recover and see if you might find a player if his health improves.
Not exactly our M/O 😂

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I also don't know why it took me until now to realize, but the Preds bought out Duchene, because they have 2 of their 3 retention spots tied up for the next 2 years. Ekholm and Johansen.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
expect a Jack Campbell resurgence

Brown isn't going to sign to play on the third-line.

Out of the entire NHL the Oilers are the team that can offer the exalted RW spot to play with one of McDavid or Draisaitl.

Oilers have to weaponize this and choose the right player.
Brown played the majority of his career on the 3rd line and it was only on a pretty weak OTT roster that he started getting significant top six minutes. I very much consider Brown to be a 2nd/3rd line tweener, he has a history of being good 5 on 5 which makes it seem possible to play him higher up in the line-up, but on a team with a strong right side he is for sure on the 3rd line.

Also I 100% want to run the line Holloway-McLeod-Brown I think Brown would be a great mentor for Holloway and a good guy to get him rolling early, also it eases himself into the line-up after a significant and lengthy injury. If Brown ends up being the best option to play higher up, by all means do so, but I don't think the expectation signing here should be that he is guaranteed a top 6 spot.

From the sounds of it his primary goal is winning a Cup and as long he is part of the puzzle that makes that a reality I think he'll forgive us.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Brown played the majority of his career on the 3rd line and it was only on a pretty weak OTT roster that he started getting significant top six minutes. I very much consider Brown to be a 2nd/3rd line tweener, he has a history of being good 5 on 5 which makes it seem possible to play him higher up in the line-up, but on a team with a strong right side he is for sure on the 3rd line.

Also I 100% want to run the line Holloway-McLeod-Brown I think Brown would be a great mentor for Holloway and a good guy to get him rolling early, also it eases himself into the line-up after a significant and lengthy injury. If Brown ends up being the best option to play higher up, by all means do so, but I don't think the expectation signing here should be that he is guaranteed a top 6 spot.

From the sounds of it his primary goal is winning a Cup and as long he is part of the puzzle that makes that a reality I think he'll forgive us.
I don't think posters should get so stuck on Brown, another better option may become available.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I really kinda wish now we could move out Foegele so we could bring in Brown, Sprong and Bjudstadt if theyre all willing to do the cheap 1 year...

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
I don't think posters should get so stuck on Brown, another better option may become available.

I think it's going to be really hard to do better than Brown with our cap space situation. Brown is in a unique situation where we can offer him bonuses that won't count against our cap this season. We can't really afford to offer anyone else more than $1 million.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
I think it's going to be really hard to do better than Brown with our cap space situation. Brown is in a unique situation where we can offer him bonuses that won't count against our cap this season. We can't really afford to offer anyone else more than $1 million.
I wouldn't be shocked by a trade... even two trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad