Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Draft Day! Does Holland Improve the Team or Does He Nibble on His PB&J Sandwich?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
McDavid doesn't want Foegele traded.
We should not care one oiota of what this guy wants. He wanted Lucic lol. That's like a guy saying he wanted to date Roseanne

But, McDavid is a heavy lifter I guess. Carries a lot of people on his back.

Reactions: Magnum23

duul

Jun 21, 2010
So WTF happened with the Yamo + Kostin trade? Detroit bought out Yamo in hopes of signing Kostin or something and now they don't qualify him?

Maybe seeing guys with far more productive careers like Brown about to sign for 1 mil will change his tune. This offseason is insane, feels like you can get real solid players on a one year deal for dirt cheap in preparation for the cap rise next year.

What better place to play than here if you're a winger? Every spot is open. Wheeler should be coming here for a mil or two, Brown for a mil, Domi for a mil.

If the rumours are true and the prices are low like this, you NEED to move on from Foegele and ship his salary out with picks in order to sign a real impact guy or two. Again, predicated on the prices being what they seem to be going into tomorrow.

Imagine picking up Domi, Brown, Wheeler for ~5 mil.

Reactions: DarksideGhost

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Me thinks the NHLPA is regretting negotiating that hard for arbitration now.
really? I'd think these players going unqualified is awesome for them. They are cut loose and can pick the team they can go to. That's a pretty good concession.

Basically it's the cap that is the thing they are hating right now. They are cut loose because it is the 2nd and 3rd tier players that are getting the shaft so that the top players can get their cut.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
So WTF happened with the Yamo + Kostin trade? Detroit bought out Yamo in hopes of signing Kostin or something and now they don't qualify him?

Maybe seeing guys with far more productive careers like Brown about to sign for 1 mil will change his tune. This offseason is insane, feels like you can get real solid players on a one year deal for dirt cheap in preparation for the cap rise next year.

What better place to play than here if you're a winger? Every spot is open. Wheeler should be coming here for a mil or two, Brown for a mil, Domi for a mil.

If the rumours are true and the prices are low like this, you NEED to move on from Foegele and ship his salary out with picks in order to sign a real impact guy or two. Again, predicated on the prices being what they seem to be going into tomorrow.

My approach would be to just keep what we have now, and give those extra spots to our young guys like Broberg, Holloway, Bourgault, Lavoie. Whoever wins in camp

Then, go for these kind of players you mention, at the deadline. Then we can add them and at half the cap if we add sweetners. Plus then we might not even want them if our own guys do well.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

We got Detroit to buy Yamamoto out for us for literally nothing.
Such a baller move honestly.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Interested to see who we pick up for the AHL.

Hope we bring in some forwards with a bit higher offensive pedigree to help some of our young players.

Need a few players on the back end too. Would be nice to find some guys who are can pass through waivers but have a chance of playing in the NHL if there are injuries.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
This is sort of shaping up to be a lockout type season thing where people are signing all over the world looking for a spot anywhere just to play.

Things like long term viability go out the window. Might be a truly absurd year where a ton of solid players go Cup chasing and we see the closest thing to pre-cap era style hockey where a few teams get to load up with great players. Like I said, if you have people like Wheeler and Domi and Sprong types going for league min or close to it, essentially a ton of players now taking half the salary they're meant to (or even less), you are going to get a one-off season in which you have a few powerhouses and these solid veteran players making a Cup run, hoping to cash in next year.

Tomorrow could be real exciting, and it makes me wonder if this scenario the analysts and insiders are conjuring up is true ... are we one of the teams that good players will flock to for cheap? Connor Brown @ 1 million, is that cheap? Was at 3.6 last year. Max Domi is the guy I really want, and wanted last offseason too.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Assuming Wheeler doesn't hate Kane, dear god that would be an amazing fit if he came cheap looking for a cup.

Kane-McDavid-Wheeler
RNH-Drai-Hyman

My bigger concern would be the other way. Wheeler was part of a seriously toxic core and we’ve got a tight group. I would want to know what Kane thinks

I have a feeling Kostin is still asking too much and not getting the market at all. Maybe Detroit just didn’t want arbitration to happen and still is negotiating but it’s interesting too teams have now tried.

Sure turned out to be a hell of a shrewd move by Holland if they can’t get it done. The 2+ million rumour has to be true if they’ve passed too

Boy those Johansen/Duchene/Turris signings a few years ago by the Preds sure are costly.

Between the Johansen retention and the Duchene/Turris buy outs the Preds are going to have 8.5M-12M of dead cap for the next 3 seasons.

Hopefully he'll see the Oilers are the best spot for him and we can reup him.

They’re officially rebuilding it looks like. Now we’ve just got to talk them into a Campbell/Saros swap

On another note, who puts raw zuchini in a salad? You're supposed to fry it up with some spices and cheese.

Major suppertime philisophical point of contention between Mrs 5 and I at the dinner table tonight...

I love zucchini but I very much would never consider eating it raw on a salad.

I assume he's done, unfortunately, but I mean a flyer on Nolan Patrick? Let him just very slowly recover and see if you might find a player if his health improves.

The only way I do it is if Katz is ok throwing out an offer of like 5x900k. He either gets healthy and we get a bargain until he’s 30, or he doubles his career earnings for doing nothing while not impacting our cap.

Foegele isn't being traded. Pretty sure it's Leon who's in his corner and speaking up for him out of the leadership group.

Regardless of who it is, hopefully that guy going to bat for him is a sign that he’s going to take something more like 4 years at 1.5-2.0 for an extension. I like the player. He’s just a bit pricey considering he didn’t take a step forward like was hoped

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

Man read the rumours ahaha the Core leadership group don’t want Foegele traded

Reactions: McBooya42

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Wheeler has said he wants the east conference cause of less travel.
Like Friedman said there are players that explicitly stated they don't want to play in Canada, but they are willing to play in Edmonton, we went from a bottom 3 least desirable place to the exception for a number of players.

Every player has a different priority list in their head in how much they care about things like money, weather, travel, winning, and legacy.

I don't know what Wheeler's internal priority list, maybe he cares more about travel and money than winning and legacy, but the possibility exists that we are an exception or he can just be greedy and have his cake and eat it too. For example intentionally signing with a bad team with good travel for a year at a decent cap hit and then having it pre-arranged that he is to be traded if they are not in a playoff spot to a SC contender at the deadline.

Reactions: Oilhawks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad