Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: We Have a Lot of Bottom 6 Forwards Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
If he's available from the Hawks I think he probably has regressed a lot. They need good D, they arent trying to blow it up like the Kings seem to be doing.
Well I mean he has no future with the team and they aren't doing anything this season, so it might be a grasp at assets too.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
At the end of Insider Trading they mention that Bob Nicholson might be taking over for Rene Fasel (IIHF) in 2020.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Eh. Krug isn’t chopped liver. He out-produced RNH in each of the past three seasons, albeit Nuge missed twenty games last year, but Krug still almost put up 60 points from the back-end. He’s in that top bunch of offensive D for sure. Similar age, similar contracts, value isn’t as far off as it would seem. Not saying I’d make that trade, but realistically, it’s not absurd.

I don't think Krug is nothing, but there's a reason the discussion even starts with him and it's because he's a very imperfect defenseman.

With RNH, you're not even really talking about the player as existed 20 months ago either. You're talking about a player who has 74 points in his 92 games, is a quality two-way player, penalty killer, plays C and W. I don't think it's a conversation starter for the Oilers.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Meh, at least we'll be hearing more than just GENERATIONAL MATTHEWS > MCDAVID HUR DURRR coming out of leafs land and their atrocious media.

You really want to cause a ruckus? Go on the mains and start a Pettersson > Matthews thread. ;)

Crude

Rafters 94
Jul 15, 2007
Edmonton
That's almost too good to pass up. I'd be shopping Benning + Pulju, or Nurse for a 2C if we could land Krug and Debrusk for RNH.

Yeah that would either force us to make Drai a permanent 2C, or to deal some kind of package, likely with Nurse, for another 2C.

Krug would definitely help, also would seem kind of redundant with Klefbom and Bouchard.

I would rather just target Pietro or Parayko...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad