Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: We Have a Lot of Bottom 6 Forwards Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Cloned said:
Parayko looked terrible in their game against the Oilers too. I wouldn't spend the amount of assets needed to acquire him.
I've got the chance to watch a decent number of Blues games this year and for my money he has been the Blues best d-man even outperforming Pietrangelo when both were healthy.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Not sure how but
Spooner+ for nyquist works
Mike green while youre at it.
Add jones and yammer

Looch back to la

Caggiula-McDavid-Rattie/Chia
Zykov-Draisaitl-Nyquist
Khaira-Nugent Hopkins-Pulju
Reider-brodziak-Kassian
P russ

Klefbom-larsson
Nurse-sekera
Russell-green
Gravel, benning

Flyers Faithful

Feb 12, 2016
Are the Oilers still looking for a PP QB? If so would you consider Nurse and your 1st for Gostisbehere? If the values off I apologize, haven’t seen much of Nurse recently.

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
I hate the guy but you can’t tell me picking up Alex Burrows for league min wouldn’t make this a better club. Hitch could make Drai a C again on his own line and slot Alex Burrows in on wing on either line. I love Chiasson but Burrows would guaranteed put up 20-25 playing with either of those guys.

oilers89

Jun 4, 2008
Medicine Hat
I hate the guy but you can’t tell me picking up Alex Burrows for league min wouldn’t make this a better club. Hitch could make Drai a C again on his own line and slot Alex Burrows in on wing on either line. I love Chiasson but Burrows would guaranteed put up 20-25 playing with either of those guys.
not sure if serious :huh: #hesretired #andsucks

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Are the Oilers still looking for a PP QB? If so would you consider Nurse and your 1st for Gostisbehere? If the values off I apologize, haven’t seen much of Nurse recently.
What's wrong with Gostisbehere? Sounds like a fair trade.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Interesting battle of our depth forwards with Cagguila and Rieder out. I can't see either of them losing their spots (rieder due to PK).

Rattie and Pulju seem like the most likely candidates for demotion at this point, but I am saying that with Zykov having 'shiny new toy' syndrome. Too bad Lucic is so unmovable.

Keeping in mind that we have Yama, Mcleod, Marody and Benson all pushing for work next season, I'm becoming more and more willing to add to Pulju for a top 6 upgrade.

Chiasson, Zykov, Rattie, Rieder and Cagguila are all recent examples of how easy it is to find cheap depth guys.

We need another player with high scoring ability to play with Nuge. If that happens, it also opens up our depth players more!

Flyers Faithful

Feb 12, 2016
What's wrong with Gostisbehere? Sounds like a fair trade.

In a heartbeat. I love Ghost.

But wtf is up with him this year?

Everyone’s been having a rough year on our team other than Giroux, our coach really needs to go. Also Provorov hasn’t been playing very well this year so Ghost hasn’t really had the greatest partners this year. He’s had Folin as his partner mostly.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Everyone’s been having a rough year on our team other than Giroux, our coach really needs to go. Also Provorov hasn’t been playing very well this year so Ghost hasn’t really had the greatest partners this year. He’s had Folin as his partner mostly.
Makes sense, and what makes you venture over here to suggest a downgrade to Nurse? Hoping that pick is a lottery pick at the end of the year I assume.

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
Liking how Khaira is playing, he's earned a few more games in the top 6. Also, we may have something with Zykov!

When Chiasson falls down to earth:
Zykov/McDavid/Draisaitl
Khaira/Nuge/Puljujarvi
Chiasson/Spooner/Rattie
Lucic/Brodziak/Kassian

Last night Zykov made a play where he had a gorgeous little pass to Spooner, giving him a HDSC. Zykov also has a hell of a shot, great net front presence. I'm not sold on the idea that Chiasson will be on the 1st line all season, and looking at alternatives.

Khaira and Puljujarvi seem to look good on a line together. I liked them on a line with Draisaitl near the end of last year as well. I'd be patient with them.

Do you take Rattie out and put Caggiula in when he's back?

DEADLINE QUESTION

Do you consider trading the lesser of our two goalies at the deadline? If Talbot can maintain his solid play he'll have a lot of value at the deadline. Trading him for a RD rental or top 6 rental could help us out. (I don't see us extending him due to cap crunch and Koskinen looking like the top dog lately)

I'm kind of fine with how things are... if it comes down to it I consider trading a 2nd for a top 6 rental. At the same time, we need a strong pipeline of prospects so giving picks away is tough. Maybe Benson or Yamamoto look good in an audition later in the year?

Our top 6 could use a proven LW option. Depth on defense is... eh. Sekera will be back by the deadline fortifying our LD depth. Benning has looked capable on 3RD under Hitch lately.

EDIT: Playoff Lines with Deadline addition...

Zykov/McDavid/Nyquist
Khaira/Draisaitl/Puljujarvi
Spooner/Nuge/Chiasson
Lucic/Brodziak/Kassian
Caggiula (he's the type of depth player you want in the playoffs, love the tenacity. Idk who I bump out)

Last edited:

Flyers Faithful

Feb 12, 2016
Makes sense, and what makes you venture over here to suggest a downgrade to Nurse? Hoping that pick is a lottery pick at the end of the year I assume.
I’ve always liked Darnell since his draft year, he’s donavon mcnabbs nephew, and plays a style that would be perfect for Philly.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Every day I dream that we can somehow pull off a deal for Mark Stone. Imagine him with Nuge on the 2nd line. Dominant 2 way duo that'd control the game in both ends.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
yes I would make that trade for Nurse+ for Gostisbehere. One thing I notice is that Ghost has a great long term contract, so a 1st is actually a good ask. A protected first

I like Nurse a lot too. He's having a bit of a rough year but would probably recover nicely under Hitch. He had a breakout year of sorts last season

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

I think you are out of touch with what is reality right now

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017

I think it's a pretty short-sighted move for the Oilers. We have a PP QB coming in next year in Bouchard, whom I think would look better next to Nurse as opposed to Gostisbehere. I could be wrong.

Edit: Just looked at Ghostisbehere's point totals over the years lol, I knew he was good but didn't know he was THAT good. I changed my mind. I don't know how he and Bouchard would look 5v5 together but I think they'd be scary on a PP together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad