Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: We Have a Lot of Bottom 6 Forwards Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Bacon

Jan 9, 2018
Looking at the kings roster I would love if the oilers could pry carter out of them. Wonder if they would be open to a trade for spooner + a 1st. Carter would be an ideal 3rd line Center.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Looking at the kings roster I would love if the oilers could pry carter out of them. Wonder if they would be open to a trade for spooner + a 1st. Carter would be an ideal 3rd line Center.

Why in god's name would you want to spend assets (including a 1st!) on a over the hill 3C we don't need who carries a $5,27M cap hit for another three years.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
SN HockeyCentral is a total waste of time if you are an Oiler fan. I had forgotten that until I decided to tune in today.

Won't waste my time again. Host was more interested in having his ego stroked than to talk Oiler.

Reactions: TB12

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
SN HockeyCentral is a total waste of time if you are an Oiler fan. I had forgotten that until I decided to tune in today.

Won't waste my time again. Host was more interested in having his ego stroked than to talk Oiler.

If it was marek he is poison.

Absolutely debilitating media personality.

When nick kypreos is the omly one in your employ with a voice of reason you know youve done f***ed up good.

Reactions: TB12 and Oilhawks

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
If it was marek he is poison.

Absolutely debilitating media personality.

When nick kypreos is the omly one in your employ with a voice of reason you know youve done ****ed up good.
They are pandering to Toronto and eastern fans. They don't care, because what they're doing doesn't require thought or integrity of any kind.

I think it would take a pretty mass tune out from Western regions to have a small chance at change, but that's not likely.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

LMAO, imagining thinking Brown, Liljegren, Zaitsev, and a 2019 2nd round pick is enough for Pietrangelo. Only in leafs lala land.

Oilers counter with Khaira, Jones, Russell, and a 2019 2nd round pick!

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

LMAO, imagining thinking Brown, Liljegren, Zaitsev, and a 2019 2nd round pick is enough for Pietrangelo. Only in leafs lala land.

That's not even fair because Russell appears to be better and under a better contract then Zaitsev

Edit: If I'm the Oilers, I think REALLY hard about making a deal for him.

Maybe

To STL: Nurse, Sekera (cap), Jones, Caggiula and 2019 1st

To EDM: Pietrangelo and Maroon

Last edited:

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012

I would trade a lot tbh. But he's injured as well atm is he not?

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Debrusk would make a lot of sense, considering the connection with his Dad and the Oilers. He would be a pretty useful addition but not at the expense of Nuge.

oil4life97

Aug 10, 2005
They can't deal the 1st for a stop gap but I could see it happening.
Something needs to be done. I don't know if they can withstand 2 months without Klefbom (and god forbid another injury occurs).

A desperate Chia was a scary enough thought pre-Klef injury, a desperate Chia making a panicked trade to replace their #1 Dman is an even more frightening thought. The 1st is as good as gone I'd think.

Here’s to hoping Chia doesn’t have to make a panic trade to shore up the D. With Koskinen playing lights out and Talbot coming around they should be able to weather the storm. I do feel he moves the pick at the deadline, but I think it’ll be for help in the top 6.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Debrusk would make a lot of sense, considering the connection with his Dad and the Oilers. He would be a pretty useful addition but not at the expense of Nuge.
If DeBrusk comes cheap I'd swing a deal with Boston. I find we have a player similar to DeBrusk in Benson.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Bob and his subliminal messages. Poolparty not going anywhere is how I interpreted this tweet.

It really seemed like there was a disconnect between coaching and management on how to utilize/develop Pulju while McLellan was still here. Hitch made a point of talking about how he wanted to be responsible for his development quickly after taking over, and he's followed through with that in game. I think that's something that was discussed at length between Chia and Hitch before agreeing to the job.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
from Friedman's 31 thoughts about Lucic:

Before discussing his current role, let’s go back to the summer. Lucic wanted a new start, and asked to be traded. Has that changed?
“Yes, yes,” he answered. “I have embraced being in Edmonton and being an Oiler. I am here as long as they need me.”

I knew he wanted a trade last summer

bad news is he wants to stay lol

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Id do the 1st + Yamamoto + Nurse for Pietrangelo. He can be moved to LTIR right away and we'd have to move cap space around. Our defense will be in shambles for a month or so though.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton

Hockey media in general has gone way down since the golden age TSN days.
NBA has much better media people who actually know what they are talking about.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Yamamoto And Sekera for

Parayko?

I’m just spitballing here lol But if we’re gonna bring in a dman we obviously need to dump a contract . I don’t see many teams pulling the trigger on Lucic but Sekera could be a safer option plus an asset of course

I don’t know how other teams value Yamamoto. I’m obviously a big fan of his but I’m in a win now mode we have to make the playoffs this season enough is enough.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Certainly if that was for an extended Pietrangelo

I'd do it anyway. I think he could be resigned. If he didn't want to stay he would fetch a large package at some future trade deadline that would recoup a lot of that value traded for him to begin with.

Bouchard would probably be emerging.

A desperate playoff team would pay big bucks for a 1D rental.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad