Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: We Have a Lot of Bottom 6 Forwards Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
The priority for the Oilers right now should be finding a 4th impact forward to better support the top-line and RNH.

Debrusk-Krug for RNH does not make much sense valuewise for the Bruins. Buying low on Charlie Coyle when they have Bergeron and Krejci makes much more sense for them.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I would do RNH + for Krug+DeBrusk.

Lateral move (at best) if we did it 1 for 1.
Would you be prepared to pay $7.5-8M for a 29 year old second pairing LHD. Krug cannot play the role that Klefbom does at ES but the numbers he is putting up will get him a fairly big raise over his current $5.25M deal especially if the cap goes to $85-86M when his deal is up. Since he is an American from Michigan with no ties to the area you can pretty much forget any hint of a discount. In contrast I suspect Nuge will be easy to resign.

While I like Debrusk I think he is being somewhat over rated in terms of the value he adds to this deal because there is a legitimate chance that this one ends up being Nuge for Debrusk in a little over a year. Debrusk is already 22 and he has a grand total of 12 points this year after a pretty good rookie year. He's got a scorers touch but he's not really a high end offensive player at this point.

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
Would you be prepared to pay $7.5-8M for a 29 year old second pairing LHD. Krug cannot play the role that Klefbom does at ES but the numbers he is putting up will get him a fairly big raise over his current $5.25M deal especially if the cap goes to $85-86M when his deal is up. Since he is an American from Michigan with no ties to the area you can pretty much forget any hint of a discount. In contrast I suspect Nuge will be easy to resign.

While I like Debrusk I think he is being somewhat over rated in terms of the value he adds to this deal because there is a legitimate chance that this one ends up being Nuge for Debrusk in a little over a year. Debrusk is already 22 and he has a grand total of 12 points this year after a pretty good rookie year. He's got a scorers touch but he's not really a high end offensive player at this point.

There's no way Krug is getting 7.5-8m. No way. Whoever gives him that is going to regret it. He's also seemingly injury prone.

Saying that, I WOULD do RNH + a very small add for both of them if Krug signs a reasonable deal. Just gives us a bit more depth and flexibility. Big Nuge fan though.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
There's no way Krug is getting 7.5-8m. No way. Whoever gives him that is going to regret it. He's also seemingly injury prone.

Saying that, I WOULD do RNH + a very small add for both of them if Krug signs a reasonable deal. Just gives us a bit more depth and flexibility. Big Nuge fan though.
His point is accurate though. Krug holds all of the cards in negotiations, which come up awfully fast. In two years, this trade could ultimately end up being RNH for Debrusk. And Debrusk is going to get paid soon as well.

The Oilers can't be targeting these late twenty-something soon-to-be UFA defensemen with anything of considerable value. They just aren't a contending team in the short term. They may make a run in the off-chance, but we're not in a situation where we can risk any significant part of the future to improve those chances.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Light bulb though...what if Sekera goes with him?

Sekera and Chara had chemistry at the World Championships.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
IMO trading Nuge is a no go unless we get a better forward or a 1D.
yeah trading Nuge means we can't even go back to McDavid-Drai even we wanted to. Imo this is how our forward core should go. We have three great centers in the top six. Whatever combination works that week is what we go with

Reactions: TB12

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario

Take the contracts of both Yandle and Shattenkirk and adjust them for inflation and you are between $7.5-8M. That is what high scoring UFA defensemen get. He may take less to stay out east which is closer to home, but don't expect a discount to stay with the Oilers. And for the record I agree that who ever gives him that money will regret it.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Now that Klef is injured, I would be looking at Mark Pysyk or Justin Braun, or some other 4-5 RHD.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton

I thought this too but surprisngly hes very reliable. His past 5 seens hes played 79, 78, 81, 81 and 76 games.

McCombo

Nov 16, 2013
Chia now(Klef out) could be the time to pull a winning trade. Carolina has won on 2 out of last 7 games, 2 points out of playoff spot. They have great possession/shot metrics, but they can't score or keep the puck out of their net. Oilers don't have the answer for their scoring problems, but have 2 goalies better than what Carolina has. Carolina's D is back to being healthy so timing works for them too.

Talbot for Faulk as a base. Oilers would need goalie coming back also and to match contracts send depth D or bottom 6 forward. Spooner would be good riddance contract wise.

Talbot+Spooner for Faulk+McElhinney/Mrazek.

Little downgrade in backup goalie isn't end of world when you upgrade a lot more on D.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Chia now(Klef out) could be the time to pull a winning trade. Carolina has won on 2 out of last 7 games, 2 points out of playoff spot. They have great possession/shot metrics, but they can't score or keep the puck out of their net. Oilers don't have the answer for their scoring problems, but have 2 goalies better than what Carolina has. Carolina's D is back to being healthy so timing works for them too.

Talbot for Faulk as a base. Oilers would need goalie coming back also and to match contracts send depth D or bottom 6 forward. Spooner would be good riddance contract wise.

Little downgrade in backup goalie isn't end of world when you upgrade a lot more on D.

Faulk is an offensive defenseman who has 8 points this year. Next year he might well be on the third pairing and be the teams highest paid defenseman. There are surely cheaper options out there.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Muzzin would be nice now that Klefbom is out. No idea what it would take. Possibly our first?

They can't deal the 1st for a stop gap but I could see it happening.
Something needs to be done. I don't know if they can withstand 2 months without Klefbom (and god forbid another injury occurs).

A desperate Chia was a scary enough thought pre-Klef injury, a desperate Chia making a panicked trade to replace their #1 Dman is an even more frightening thought. The 1st is as good as gone I'd think.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
If the kings end up going full rebuild tyler toffoli would be a good fit here. He's young enough they could just keep him though.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Now that Klef is out, Muzzin would be perfect.

I wonder if we can kill 2 birds with 1 stone and make a massive trade here

Puljujarvi + 1st + Spooner + Sekera + 2020 2nd + Bear
For
Muzzin + Toffoli

Cap in and out would be perfectly balanced in that trade

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Now that Klef is out, Muzzin would be perfect.

I wonder if we can kill 2 birds with 1 stone and make a massive trade here

Puljujarvi + 1st + Spooner + Sekera + 2020 2nd + Bear
For
Muzzin + Toffoli

Cap in and out would be perfectly balanced in that trade

I'd leave Puljujarvi out of it. Put Benson or Yamamoto instead if they won't do the deal without Puljujarvi IMO.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009

I don't think I can remember the last time Chiarelli acquired the better player in a deal even though he has traded away many valuable assets...Maroon?
I wouldn't bank on that neanderthal improving our club.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
Hard no on every single level possible to dealing Nugent Hopkins, unless it is in a package for a world class D man. Torey Krug is not that.

I think the reality is we need to develop d men from within the system. We cannot get taken to the woodshed on another deal for one of our forwards trying to solve our defensive situation.

Secondly, there is not a chance this organization gives Chia the green light to deal any player of significance right now. I mean, at least in my eyes there shouldn't be. Our management is a joke however.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Hard no on every single level possible to dealing Nugent Hopkins, unless it is in a package for a world class D man. Torey Krug is not that.

I think the reality is we need to develop d men from within the system. We cannot get taken to the woodshed on another deal for one of our forwards trying to solve our defensive situation.

Secondly, there is not a chance this organization gives Chia the green light to deal any player of significance right now. I mean, at least in my eyes there shouldn't be. Our management is a joke however.

Agreed. I really think Bouchard, Jones, Persson, and Bear are our only real chance at a PP QB. And if we develop them right, one of them could be that player. I personally see Bouchard as a Souray type. Booming shot, big frame, and smart with the puck.

Reactions: McBigYak

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I'd leave Puljujarvi out of it. Put Benson or Yamamoto instead if they won't do the deal without Puljujarvi IMO.
Switch Yamamoto for Pulju and I'd be down for that trade. Might lose in value but Muzzin and Toffoli would solidify the team. Draft Caufield in the 2nd round to replace Yamamoto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad