Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: We Have a Lot of Bottom 6 Forwards Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I actually forgot we still have Garrison. Has been press boxed or is he in the A?
I'm not sure what's going on with him. Maybe someone else can help with that.

Talbot likely small raise/Koskinen raise
Rieder/Chiasson both likely get raises (Or other UFAs to replace them)
Pulju small raise/Khaira raise

Probably missing some. I dont think we are going to have much if any cap space tbh.
I forgot about Talbot. I don't think he's worth extending. Definitely doesn't deserve a raise. If Talbot is not extended and with everyone else you mentioned getting a very small raise with the increased in cap next season, we should have around 5-6M to sign a top 6 player.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
I forgot about Talbot. I don't think he's worth extending. Definitely doesn't deserve a raise. If Talbot is not extended and with everyone else you mentioned getting a very small raise with the increased in cap next season, we should have around 5-6M to sign a top 6 player.

If Talbs isn't extended we would definitely have more capsapce. Could sign a backup for Koski at around 2m and make a good not crazy UFA signing/trade.
I know it hasn't worked out for the Blues but Perron signed a nice deal and the Schenn for a 1st+Lethera a wholw back. Similar to one of those.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
I wonder if there is any chance we could get Maroon back for a crappy pick or something...

I wonder if he got a no trade guarantee for signing 1 year

edit:

Checked capfriendly.. Yeah he got a NTC

nightfighter

Aug 31, 2008
I'm pretty sure Chia'd have to pry RNH from Hitch's cold dead hands. Hitch is huge for nuge; basically sang his praises after the first game he coached.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

This one's always been f***ing dumb. Makes no sense for Boston. Makes no sense for us. Why do these Twitter morons keep mentioning it?

If Chiarelli likes Krug, just call on Will Butcher. The guy's eating shit right now in Jersey as a sophomore and his role is about to be taken by Ty Smith next season. Makes a whole lot more sense than the Krug speculation.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
This one's always been ****ing dumb. Makes no sense for Boston. Makes no sense for us. Why do these Twitter morons keep mentioning it?

Don Sweeney was in Edmonton and a Boston beat reporter laid out some naked speculation. It wasn't even a rumor, just a dude going "could Boston get RNH for Krug?" to which the answer is an obvious no.

Reactions: The Bored Man

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
Don Sweeney was in Edmonton and a Boston beat reporter laid out some naked speculation. It wasn't even a rumor, just a dude going "could Boston get RNH for Krug?" to which the answer is an obvious no.

Eh. Krug isn’t chopped liver. He out-produced RNH in each of the past three seasons, albeit Nuge missed twenty games last year, but Krug still almost put up 60 points from the back-end. He’s in that top bunch of offensive D for sure. Similar age, similar contracts, value isn’t as far off as it would seem. Not saying I’d make that trade, but realistically, it’s not absurd.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Honestly, if he came cheap enough, Rutta might be a good pick up for the right side.

If he's available from the Hawks I think he probably has regressed a lot. They need good D, they arent trying to blow it up like the Kings seem to be doing.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
I feel we overrate Nuge as fans in general. Such a likable high character guy and he's been one of our best players since he entered the league.
That being said, I personally dont want him traded ever. We dont really have a "Career Oiler" worth mentioning, I hope he can be the 1st (with McDavid following a few seasons later)

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I feel we overrate Nuge as fans in general. Such a likable high character guy and he's been one of our best players since he entered the league.
That being said, I personally dont want him traded ever. We dont really have a "Career Oiler" worth mentioning, I hope he can be the 1st (with McDavid following a few seasons later)

I don't think so. I think we treat him as is. He's a great 2way player who can slot in anywhere in your top 6. Not a franchise player, and ideally not your 1c (no worry for us), but you're very glad to have him.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Eh. Krug isn’t chopped liver. He out-produced RNH in each of the past three seasons, albeit Nuge missed twenty games last year, but Krug still almost put up 60 points from the back-end. He’s in that top bunch of offensive D for sure. Similar age, similar contracts, value isn’t as far off as it would seem. Not saying I’d make that trade, but realistically, it’s not absurd.

I agree, Krug would be welcome here, just don’t see the fit honestly. We have Bouchard in the pipeline and huge need for skilled forwards, not sure how we can give one up.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
I don't think so. I think we treat him as is. He's a great 2way player who can slot in anywhere in your top 6. Not a franchise player, and ideally not your 1c (no worry for us), but you're very glad to have him.

I agree thats what we consider him to be, I meant more as in trade value. I feel we have an unrealistically high value one him.
For example, most I think would be upset with an offer of Brayden Schenn or Torey Krug (including myself) when realistically those players are very comparable to him and is fair value.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

I feel like he’s underrated if anything. He’s a 60 point, 2 way centerman who plays every situation, and can log heavy minutes. If he wasn’t on the Oilers, he’d have a lot of hype around the league. There’s a reason NHL executives around the league preferred Nuge to RyJo back when the Jones trade happened

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
We are only one top 6 forward and one top 4 Dman from becoming legit contenders. If Sekera regains form, we are back in business.

Reactions: Oilhawks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->