Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Oilers Have Kicked Tires on Some Veteran UFA Defencemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Nurse 3.2Mx2

Give Nurse 2.9 M to 3M x 2.

Bear is the same age as Nurse was when Nurse got that 3.2M contract. This is just asking Bear to take a tiny haircut off what Nurse got cuz covid and especially making the cap work. Better than forcing 950K on him for one year.

I stole the salary range from Puckpedia. He gives a couple examples of how the Oilers could maximize their cap advantage using LTIR.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Winnipeg has a very good goaltender. Their d is a question mark though.
The division is a crap shoot imo. Toronto is guaranteed playoffs is the only guarantee I think. The rest is all up in the air. Imo Edmonton has probably the worst or second worst goaltending. But we have McDavid. We probably have the worst or second worst defense, but we have Draisaitl.
I think the division shakes out...
1. Toronto
2. Calgary
3. Montreal
4. Edmonton
5. Winnipeg
6. Ottawa
7. Vancouver

Last edited:

North

Jun 25, 2009
The division is a crap shoot imo. Toronto is guaranteed playoffs is the only guarantee I think. The rest is all up in the air. Imo Edmonton has probably the worst or second worst goaltending. But we have McDavid. We probably have the worst or second worst defense, but we have Draisaitl.
1. Toronto
2. Calgary
3. Montreal
4. Edmonton
5. Winnipeg
6. Ottawa
7. Vancouver

Calgary’s d is worse. We’ll see if Markstrom can mask that like he did with Vancouver.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Calgary’s d is worse. We’ll see if Markstrom can mask that like he did with Vancouver.
Calgary's d is worse than last year but not by much and the goaltending is much improved. That said they still have a much better d than ours

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Hughes is too elite to really have a slump.
He is a small kid who without Tanev and Markstrom could be flirting with a +/- of -30. Myers is the only RHD they have and banking on Holtby to rebound is a risk.

Anything could happen though. Watch OTT and VAN finish 1-2

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
He is a small kid who without Tanev and Markstrom could be flirting with a +/- of -30. Myers is the only RHD they have and banking on Holtby to rebound is a risk.

Anything could happen though. Watch OTT and VAN finish 1-2
I mean Hughes would be our best d. I think we are better overall though

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay

I think Markstrom, much like goalies of the NYR, is a product of a guru goaltending coach. Without Ian Clark’s instruction I think Markstrom on the Flames isn’t the same as Markstrom on the Canucks. My guess is that as early as next season he’s more league average then he is vezina candidate.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
1. Toronto
2. Calgary
3. Montreal
4. Edmonton
5. Winnipeg
6. Ottawa
7. Vancouver
Montreal isn't any better than last year. Josh Anderson and Tyler Toffoli won't improve that offence, both are over hyped duds. Habs are good between the pipes and have adequate D. I would rank Montreal last in the conference. Vancouver is way better than Ottawa too.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Yeah Gio is a shadow of his former self. Their D has always been overrated

Gio is a shadow of himself. Tanev is glass. Hanifin has never been as good as people thought he would be. Anderssen is average. Valimaki missed a year of development and Kylington couldn’t break into their d corps because the coach didn’t trust him.

Reactions: nabob

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Montreal isn't any better than last year. Josh Anderson and Tyler Toffoli won't improve that offence, both are over hyped duds. Habs are good between the pipes and have adequate D. I would rank Montreal last in the conference. Vancouver is way better than Ottawa too.
It's really a toss up.. MTL arguably has best goaltending and best D.
Forward group has improved as well. They could very well be first in division instead of last.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
1. Toronto
2. Calgary
3. Montreal
4. Edmonton
5. Winnipeg
6. Ottawa
7. Vancouver

That worst or second worst goaltending tandeem had more points than all of the other 6 Canadian teams when play came to a halt in March. The depth scoring on the team has improved over what's been dressed for the past number of years, and the team actually has a Dman out there now who know how to produce offense.

Reactions: North and Paralyzer

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Why is the popular opinion that Price is somehow going to come out of the gate magically elite again after .908, 9.18 and .900 seasons?

I just don't get all the Habs hype. Their C depth is all based on potential and their wingers are underwhelming.

Reactions: nabob and MessierII

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Gio is a shadow of himself. Tanev is glass. Hanifin has never been as good as people thought he would be. Anderssen is average. Valimaki missed a year of development and Kylington couldn’t break into their d corps because the coach didn’t trust him.

There's enough there that the Flames D should be passable if below average, but I'm certainly expecting Markstrom's numbers to be a little worse than in Vancouver.

Reactions: nabob

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
That worst or second worst goaltending tandeem had more points than all of the other 6 Canadian teams when play came to a halt in March. The depth scoring on the team has improved over what's been dressed for the past number of years, and the team actually has a Dman out there now who know how to produce offense.
Yes but we also don't have Klefbom and this team has struggled without him period. This team was the best Canadian team last year but when you look at Canadian teams vs Canadian teams

Winnipeg 9-3-0 0.75pts%
Montreal 10-3-2 0.73pts%
Calgary 8-3-2 0.69pts%
Toronto 7-3-4 0.64pts%
Edmonton 7-7-2 0.50pts%
Ottawa 4-7-3 0.39pts%
Vancouver 5-10-0 0.33pts%

I'd say Calgary, Montreal and Vancouver are slightly improved, Ottawa quite a bit, Vancouver took a hit, Winnipeg stayed the same and we improved overall.

I'd say this division is awfully damn close and missing the playoffs is as likely as making it. I'd argue this is the hardest division right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad