Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Oilers Have Kicked Tires on Some Veteran UFA Defencemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
if you know now that RNH is not intending to sign, you take him off the top line/mcdavid's wing immediately.

No you don’t . Build up his value and trade him for a top pairing defence man . Why lower the value on an assets ? RNH + Klefbom + Smith for a D and a goalie .

OEL + Goalie + Winger

Reactions: DropTheGloves

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Never been a PPG player once in his career, and you're saying he'll be more than that. He's 28 in 3mths, this season.

Nuge is a very good complimentary player, but not a driver offence. now that the Oilers have a few more players in the stable Nuge may not be getting all that quality toi and first unit PP time to bump stats. McDrai were clearly the best thing for him. He's going to do better here where the Oilers understand what he is and his limitations. Any team acquiring him that is willing to pay him more than we do will very quickly sour on some of the dividends they are getting for their money. A player like Nuge is best suited to play out his career in one location, and for the team that drafted him. This is his best play, I hope he realizes it. He should talk to Hemsky, Hall, Eberle, Gagner mroe to know how much you land in the outhouse with other clubs as soon as you aren't producing for a stretch.

Nuge gets unconditional regard here with the Oilers. Thats pretUOTE="Drivesaitl, post: 175059674, member: 292061"]Never been a PPG player once in his career, and you're saying he'll be more than that. He's 28 in 3mths, this season.

Nuge is a very good complimentary player, but not a driver offence. now that the Oilers have a few more players in the stable Nuge may not be getting all that quality toi and first unit PP time to bump stats. McDrai were clearly the best thing for him. He's going to do better here where the Oilers understand what he is and his limitations. Any team acquiring him that is willing to pay him more than we do will very quickly sour on some of the dividends they are getting for their money. A player like Nuge is best suited to play out his career in one location, and for the team that drafted him. This is his best play, I hope he realizes it. He should talk to Hemsky, Hall, Eberle, Gagner mroe to know how much you land in the outhouse with other clubs as soon as you aren't producing for a stretch.

Nuge gets unconditional regard here with the Oilers. Thats pretty valuable, he should keep it. Nice gig here, and not close to having to drive the train and have all that expectation. Nuge put in a situation where he was the guy, I wouldn't want to see that.
He was 2PPG in the play-ins

What you're saying is the extension of what I'm trying to point out. He's a complimentary player. But even a complimentary player still have to get paid. If he continue that kind of production playing with McDavid, 7M is a steal of a contract regardless of how we view him.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
He was 2PPG in the play-ins

What you're saying is the extension of what I'm trying to point out. He's a complimentary player. But even a complimentary player still have to get paid. If he continue that kind of production playing with McDavid, 7M is a steal of a contract regardless of how we view him.

So wait. because for a 4 game sample amongt a close to ten year career hes PPG, that means he's legit an over PPG player to you? C'mon. that is so incredibly short sample and you know it.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
So wait. because for a 4 game sample amongt a close to ten year career hes PPG, that means he's legit an over PPG player to you? C'mon. that is so incredibly short sample and you know it.
PPG playing Drai and Yamo. Not sure how much sample you need. He’s a first line winger who needs a line driver to get the best of him. Like I said he’s a 55 point player on his own. With PP time and McDrai he’s closer to ppg if not more

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
PPG playing Drai and Yamo. Not sure how much sample you need. He’s a first line winger who needs a line driver to get the best of him. Like I said he’s a 55 point player on his own. With PP time and McDrai he’s closer to ppg if not more

more than 20 games, let me tell you. Plus those games occurred at RNH hot segment (he has one of these every season) and the players got rests from the ASG break as well as the mandated week off. it was perfect timing to click. Nuge doesn't play hot for long, and 20 games is a long stretch for him being hot. it only happened last year because of all the breaks being right in that segment.

nor is Nuge a 55pt player on his own. Hes had seasons where he had trouble getting there.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
more than 20 games, let me tell you. Plus those games occurred at RNH hot segment (he has one of these every season) and the players got rests from the ASG break as well as the mandated week off. it was perfect timing to click. Nuge doesn't play hot for long, and 20 games is a long stretch for him being hot. it only happened last year because of all the breaks being right in that segment.

nor is Nuge a 55pt player on his own. Hes had seasons where he had trouble getting there.
This is the same argument everyone uses against Draisaitl.

You expecting Nuge to be a 55 point player with 2 archibalds on his line or even worse?

Skilled players, playing with other skilled players, do better, this isn't rocket science.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad