Post-Game Talk: Monarchy Abolished (x3)

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
1D91EDF5-F6DA-407F-91D6-098C961D79DD.gifAC89F59F-94F7-4DD2-B242-5661A4EC8C62.gif

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

Hate the f***ing guy as an opponent, but gotta give Doughty props for how hard he is to play against and the classiness he showed during the handshake.

Not a very astute fanbase over there. Some of them have been there for awhile and you think would understand hockey by now. I mean maybe it should occur to them that it wouldn't matter how many PP's they get. The only solution for them is for the refs to lose their whistles which pretty much happened for the Kings in game 4.

At least the players get it.

Even their coach knows it.
How the f*** can Edmonton aka a smaller hockey market in Canada ever be favored by the officials? Whiners think we're VGK or Colorado? Lmao.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I’m guessing the Kings didn’t pay him to be their court jester this year.
Lol he’s worth 160 million dollars…

Kings played us hard. Oilers will have to up their game for round 2. Didn’t love the chip it out plan in the third, will have to be more assertive.
I don’t agree. Oilers played that lead perfectly.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Every time the "puck is in the glove so we can't tell if it's across the line" thing happens everybody is like "well it's obviously in the net why can't the league just use their brains" but when they actually call one of those plays a goal everybody makes the surprised Pikachu face.
They called one against Campbell earlier this year. The precedent was set. Based off that I expected them to allow it. Based off the Oilers getting screwed at least once in every playoff series they’ve played in this era I figured this could be the time.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Kings played us hard. Oilers will have to up their game for round 2. Didn’t love the chip it out plan in the third, will have to be more assertive.
They were assertive enough imo. It wasn't a full Nashville turtle, they were still forechecking and turning pucks over in the neutral zone. Got a few oddman rushes out of it but never really made any high risk plays offensively. Except for RNH who passed on a 2 on 1 to McDavid who very clearly did not want the puck back.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
the boys did a great job of limiting dangerous chances this series and got the first goal in 4/5 games

Stu shook off game 2 and looked very composed the rest of the way

1-3-1 is a terrible strategy to use against the Oilers and the Kings were way more dangerous when they were relentless on the forecheck. Gotta put a lot of pressure on the Oilers D if you want to win

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

From what I saw (correct if I'm wrong), the Oilers only held the kings to 1 Grade A chance in the 3rd. IMO, the team shut their offense down hard, suffocating-like.
Props to the team.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
That bodes well. 15M is going to be tough for any team. Also those teams are going to wonder if they’ll get 15M worth of production of McDavid isn’t there.

Yeah gonna take someone really desperate to throw that and glad we can still make a better offer with the extra year.

One thing I'll give Holland credit for is he seems to have changed the culture here with the veterans he's brought in Keith sending off. Maybe there is somehing they can do for Leons dad since he's an explayer in Germany. Some sort of "scout" on paper role.

Last edited:

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
We need some work on our rush execution too. Too many missed passes going through the neutral zone and/or at the Kings blue line.

Reactions: McDoused

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
This should be effectively a guaranteed WCF for the Oilers no? I don't see either Canucks or Preds winning in a series (Especially if Canucks don't have Demko).
Oilers have sucked against Vancouver but also didn't have a healthy McDavid in any of the games. Their ability to score on random shots whenever they need to may also still be kryptonite for a goalie like Skinner, unless he continues to shut that stuff down.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
They were assertive enough imo. It wasn't a full Nashville turtle, they were still forechecking and turning pucks over in the neutral zone. Got a few oddman rushes out of it but never really made any high risk plays offensively. Except for RNH who passed on a 2 on 1 to McDavid who very clearly did not want the puck back.
We were up 2 goals and allowed 6 shots against in the 3rd period. That was against a team fighting for their playoff lives.

Impressive.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Yeah gonna take someone really desperate to throw that and glad we can still make a better offer with the extra year.

One thing I'll give Holland credit for is he seems to have changed the culture here with the veterans he's brought in Keith sending off. Maybe there is soenthing the can do for Leons dad since he's an explayer in Germany. Some sort of "scout" on paper role.
Leon’s dad on scout payroll coulda paid off huge with Seider. That’s a good idea. They should do that. Especially since so much talent is coming out of Germany these days too.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
The Oilers have been more disciplined before and gotten screwed by the refs not calling obvious penalties against the other team.

This time, it was different.

And I hope it continues.

I hope we ride a 50% PP all the way to the Cup and draw the most penalties in the playoffs.

The Corey Perry effect

Jk (it’s a team effort, but having him probably doesn’t hurt)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad