Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | OE L Yes?

OEL, EL Yes or EL No?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
WTF was that shit Guerin? Does Staal need to be close to home and Guerin did him a favour? I don't get it. Why couldn't he hand us Staal for a worse player. lol. Seems like he may be tanking the team one minute yet he's resigning Spurgeon and Brodin to big tickets. I'm guessing he likes his D and wants up front to be a whole new look with the young guys taking over.

Might be a marginal trade after all. Just getting a bit younger. also Kaprizov is joining the Wild. Both Johansson and Kaprizov adds speed.

"Staal is gonna come in there (Buffalo) and being big and put things in boxes and speak and just happen". Relieving Eichel of feelings of loneliness. Maybe even be the no. 1 some nights.

AND, together with small Goalofsson (Victor), COMBINED and divided by two they will each be 30 years of age, 6-1 and 195 pounds. That's a huge plus for Olofsson.

Last edited:

qannon97979

May 21, 2020
Hmmmm

Attachments

• 78A1B1CB-8C61-4BB9-9FD2-2EC16CBBCBA6.png
    78A1B1CB-8C61-4BB9-9FD2-2EC16CBBCBA6.png
    619.2 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: McTonyBrar

qannon97979

May 21, 2020
Trade proposal:

To Edm: Oliver Ekman Larsson + Clayton Keller + Darcy Kuemper + Lawson Crouse + Victor Söderström + secondrounder

To Arizona: Leon Draisaitl, Mikko Koskinen and Philip Broberg

Team:

RNH - McD - Keller
Yamamoto - Neal

Klefbom - Larsson
OEL - Bouchard
Nurse - Russell
Jones - Bear
Söderström

Kuemper

You have lost your mind my man

yegoldboysclub

Jan 30, 2019
Don't like any proposals the have #29 in them, I'll just keep the Hart Trophy winner, unless of course the leafs are offering Nylander, then I at least listen, lol

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Don't like any proposals the have #29 in them, I'll just keep the Hart Trophy winner, unless of course the leafs are offering Nylander, then I at least listen, lol

Draisaitl is on a good contract for Oilers. Just wanted to see a counter proposal to assess value. Nowadays when players are close to their "value" you can almost trade anything for anything. Ekman Larsson could really turn things around for you, I believe. The missing piece.

Maybe Broberg and a firstrounder can do the trick. Getting better NOW.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Draisaitl is on a good contract for Oilers. Just wanted to see a counter proposal to assess value. Nowadays when players are close to their "value" you can almost trade anything for anything. Ekman Larsson could really turn things around for you, I believe. The missing piece.
Draisaitl alone is worth more than OEL and Keller.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Thread took a left turn now we are proposing to trade RNH or Draisaitl. U-turn pls. I would like some to read some realistic commentary.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Yeah, I was just slowing down...

Nobody in hockey is trading the most recent Art Ross trophy winner and probable league MVP, OK.

It's not happening and it would never happen in the modern NHL for any team.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Does anybody know the Qualifying Offer deadline? I believe it's sometime right after the draft but just wanted confirmation.
If so, Holland is going to have to make a decision on AA and Benning in the next 2 weeks, basically before the draft if he wants to get them signed at a lesser number or trade them before the draft because I highly doubt they get qualified. That's $5M+ of consideration there so kind of an important decision and one that needs to be made soon.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Any Draisaitl trade proposal that doesn't have an insanely good young Dman signed long term in return deserves a thread ban.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Does anybody know the Qualifying Offer deadline? I believe it's sometime right after the draft but just wanted confirmation.
If so, Holland is going to have to make a decision on AA and Benning in the next 2 weeks, basically before the draft if he wants to get them signed at a lesser number or trade them before the draft because I highly doubt they get qualified. That's $5M+ of consideration there so kind of an important decision and one that needs to be made soon.

October 7

Reactions: CupofOil

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm not sure what the basis is, but I've been seeing Parayko's name quite a bit on twitter that's someone else I'd also prefer to OEL, he better addresses the weaknesses of our d-core.

There’s a thread on the main trade board discussing his value, started by the biggest Parayko fan boy (Colt55) and while his counter proposal got a bit greedy, he seemed receptive to 14th OA + Bouchard for Parayko. I’m torn, because I’m a big Bouchard fan, but Parayko is a beast and in his prime.

Nurse-Parayko
Klefbom-Larsson
Jones-Bear

I would be ecstatic to have that D.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Trade proposal:

To Edm: Oliver Ekman Larsson + Clayton Keller + Darcy Kuemper + Lawson Crouse + Victor Söderström + secondrounder

To Arizona: Leon Draisaitl, Mikko Koskinen and Philip Broberg

Team:

RNH - McD - Keller
Yamamoto - Neal

Klefbom - Larsson
OEL - Bouchard
Nurse - Russell
Jones - Bear
Söderström

Kuemper

Jesus f***ing Christ 64 has gone stark raving mad!!!!

Reactions: Del Preston

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Thanks, I figured it was in that timeframe between the draft and free agency.
Holland is going to have to get moving quickly once the Cup Finals end, either sign them for cheap or trade them before the draft.
I would be shocked if Benning is traded for anything. I think they will not qualify him but maybe sign him to a cheaper deal after he tests the market and probably doesn’t find many suitors. A number 6D for cheap is going to be plentiful come FA. Qualifying Benning at 1.9 is insane if you don’t move Russell first. AA is a tougher one, part of me can’t see Holland letting him walk for nothing, and there will be suitors for him, even to take a discount, I just don’t think that discount will be here, teams won’t trade for him as they know the Oilers can’t afford to take him back at 3M, or at least don’t want to. The other side of me thinks Holland is a Vet, and has no problem cutting his losses with AA and waiting to see what he can get for a 3M winger on the open market, which will probably be quite a bit.

Holland said in a recent interview that right now he just doesn’t want to be handcuffed when whatever happens with the crazy, different, offseason shakes down, that’s the reason he wasn’t going to sign Smith

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
PP QB is anyone you run the majority of the play through on your powerplay. PP QB's generally get the most touches and control the flow and direction of attack for the PP, McDavid is our PP QB. Though in reality we have a primary QB and 2 lesser PP QB's (Drai & RNH), I think part of our success was the ability to throw a lot of different looks at PK's having 3 legitimate threats to score who can also deliver a perfect cross seam pass, a lot of other PP's are much easier to discern where the attack is coming from.

I just want a PP DMAN. It opens up so many options for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad