Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | OE L Yes?

OEL, EL Yes or EL No?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
He was answering a text about Nurse potentially being involved in an OEL trade and said Arizona would rather spend less actual dollars than cap hit, and then said “Russell, Wink Wink, Nudge Nudge”. Also asked Lawton if he’d be interested in OEL if he were Holland. Basically he talked about OEL heavily again.

Lol I don't get it so they wouldn't take Nurse but would take Russell? And of course lol OEL again just like Broberg last year, Ennis, AA etc lol

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
If that's the case it sounds like Arizona is going to get hosed on the OEL deal.

To EDM:
OEL
Grabner: Total cap hit=11.6 Total dollars=61,100,00

To ARZ:
Neal (for buyout)
Russel
Samurokov
Benson
2021 1st: Total cap hit= 7,550,000 Total dollars= 15,458,335 (this number drops if Samurokov and Benson stay in the minors)

This deal save Arizona almost 45 million dollars. That's why OEL and other Coyotes will be traded this offseason for a discounted price.
If holland got this trade done, I’d start building a statue to put outside the arena.

Reactions: 780il

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
He was answering a text about Nurse potentially being involved in an OEL trade and said Arizona would rather spend less actual dollars than cap hit, and then said “Russell, Wink Wink, Nudge Nudge”. Also asked Lawton if he’d be interested in OEL if he were Holland. Basically he talked about OEL heavily again.

He actually said wink wink nudge nudge? LMAO

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Bob made it clear that he thought people were stupid for wanting to trade Nurse. He says that the Oilers see him as being a big piece of the future. He compared how if we moved Nurse we would regret it like how Chia had knee jerk reaction to trading Eberle. Blamed Lucic as a veteran for not helping RNH and Eberle through their first playoff run.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I don't see why he wouldn't. He'd be getting ice time that he won't be getting in Edmonton next season.

I recall there being some chatter on this board off and on throughout his tenure here about Russell not wanting to be too far way from the homestead/ranch and is why he negotiated in his limited ntc so he had control of how far away he'd be if he were asked to waive it. I doubt Arizona is on the list of places he'd go, but stranger things have happened.

CapFriendly indicates he has to submit a 15 team list for the 20-21 season.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
If Russell is the dman say goodbye to Bouchard or Bear. No way we land OEL with Russell or a 1st being the main pieces. Neal, Russell, 2020 1st, Bouchard for OEL+Kuemper. Its worth noting that Kuemper played hockey in Red Deer, and the organization loves players from the area.

We're not that stupid

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
14 goals and 40 points in 47 games (prorated 70 points 24 goals over 82 games) while being a +30 +/- and having some amazing underlying numbers AND averaging the 2nd most minutes on the Carolina blue line. Thats about as close to a #1 D as you can get. Had he not gotten injured, hes likely top 3-5 in Norris voting

There is more justified talk about OEL due to him having more credible rumours to being available, but as a quick comparison, Hamilton is the superior D

If Hamilton gets moved and the Oilers do not land him, Hollan should be fired that moment

Hamilton is not a #1 Dman. He's a top 4. If he's so grand and a #1 dman then why is Carolina moving him?

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Trade proposal:

To Edm: Oliver Ekman Larsson + Clayton Keller + Darcy Kuemper + Lawson Crouse + Victor Söderström + secondrounder

To Arizona: Leon Draisaitl, Mikko Koskinen and Philip Broberg

Team:

RNH - McD - Keller
Yamamoto - Neal

Klefbom - Larsson
OEL - Bouchard
Nurse - Russell
Jones - Bear
Söderström

Kuemper

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Trade proposal:

To Edm: Oliver Ekman Larsson + Clayton Keller + Darcy Kuemper + Lawson Crouse + Victor Söderström + secondrounder

Team:

RNH - McD - Keller

Klefbom - Larsson
OEL - Bouchard
Nurse - Russell
Jones - Bear
Söderström
Draisaitl alone is worth more than that entire package combined when you factor in contracts.

Reactions: Duke74 and 780il

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Looking at were teams are capwise, I wonder if it's possible to moves some money to the Wings with all their space.

Dump Neal, Chiasson, add Benning, Lagesson + for Helm + contract dump

Jarvi

Mar 22, 2012
Don't see the leafs as serious contenders for OEL. They saw this year with Barrie that they can't pound a square peg into a round hole and that they truly need a RHS who is defensively responsible. Maybe OEL can play the right side, i'm not sure, but I see them waiting to make a play for Pietrangelo rather than giving up assets for OEL. Which is also what I would prefer, though I very much doubt AP even considers us.

This OEL talk has me cautiously optomistic. He is a player I have wanted here for so long, and I feel some of his struggles the last few years are more due to the yotes roster and systems rather than indicative of a drop off in play on his part. That said, I also wanted Looch forever and made excuses as to why he would flourish here :laugh:

If the cost is Russell+'21 1st+Prospect not named Bouchard or Broberg, I do it no questions. If we can dump neal and get Grabner or another middle 6 option, even better.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Trade proposal:

Team:

RNH - McD - Keller
Yamamoto - Neal

Klefbom - Larsson
OEL - Bouchard
Nurse - Russell
Jones - Bear
Söderström

Kuemper
:biglaugh:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Beyond huge. It would be a great idea for players as well, but the owners will never allow it.

Just do Bird rights already. The NHL cap is overly punitive to teams that actually draft well and build good rosters.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Bob made it clear that he thought people were stupid for wanting to trade Nurse. He says that the Oilers see him as being a big piece of the future. He compared how if we moved Nurse we would regret it like how Chia had knee jerk reaction to trading Eberle. Blamed Lucic as a veteran for not helping RNH and Eberle through their first playoff run.

Holland seems to value leadership a ton and always mentions Nurse when he talks about it.

I don't think he's going anywhere for awhile.

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006
Trade proposal:

Team:

RNH - McD - Keller
Yamamoto - Neal

Klefbom - Larsson
OEL - Bouchard
Nurse - Russell
Jones - Bear
Söderström

Kuemper

tumblr_inline_mfajqt9nEL1rbrja2540.gif

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Draisaitl alone is worth more than that entire package combined when you factor in contracts.

One factor is that you get more "years" out of OEL and Keller. Draisaitl will cost 15 million when his contract expires. 5 years with Draisaitl and 14 years with Keller and OEL combined. Their best years. And those defense issues you had for a decade... GONE! Magic! And Kuemper in goal...man's on fire! Forward's gonna wonder what has happened. And Keller with McD. Crouse can start at LW.

Crouse - McDavid - Keller
Athanasiou - RNH - Yamamoto
Neal - Lavoie - Chiasson
Nygård - Khajira - Kassian

Ekman Larsson - Larsson
Klefbom - Russell
Nurse - Bear
Jones - Bouchard
Benning
Söderström

Kuemper

Last edited:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
One factor is that you get more "years" out of OEL and Keller. Draisaitl will cost 15 million when his contract expires. 5 years with Draisaitl and 14 years with Keller and OEL combined.

Why would you combine Keller and OEL? Do their contracts somehow run consecutively instead of concurrently?

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Hamilton is not a #1 Dman. He's a top 4. If he's so grand and a #1 dman then why is Carolina moving him?
He’s a number one. All day, every day.

number one D do get traded, why did the oilers trade pronger when he was one of the best D in the league?

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Trade proposal:

Team:

RNH - McD - Keller
Yamamoto - Neal

Klefbom - Larsson
OEL - Bouchard
Nurse - Russell
Jones - Bear
Söderström

Kuemper
Jfc stand for Jesus f***ing Christ? Cause this is terrible. I wouldn’t do that if they took Neal kassian and Russell as cap dumps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad