Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | OE L Yes?

OEL, EL Yes or EL No?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
If Parayko is available and can be had for 14 + Bouchard + Russel, I’d try to get them to add Kostin in for Benson and pull the trigger.

One of the best shutdown dmen in the league who also happens to be a 6’6 smooth skating guy from St. Albert. His shot is insanely good and there is mighty untapped offensive potential there if he gets #1pp time and ice time with McDrai. Could be a 20+ goal, 50+ point horse on the backend that plays in all situations but is stuck behind a top 5 dman in the league (Pietro) in St.Louis.

He’d be a legit #1 defender, in the prime of his career and signed for 2 seasons. On top of it all he’s a hometown boy. Extremely low chance however that he’d actually be available I think...

But, if he is we should jump on it.
Any talk I've heard of moving Parayko is specifically so they can get the capspace to fit Pietro, I would assume St. Louis would want only futures.

McYams17 said:
Also, we're saying Parayko is in the prime of his career at 27 years old. OEL is only 2 years older yet he's on the decline to majority of the people on here?
That opinion is mostly born out of reviewing analytics and a bit of the eye test. It seems fairly clear both visually and stats wise Parayko has improved his overall game in the past 2 years and OEL's game has slipped in the past 2 years, the respective fanbases also seem to hold that opinion.

Maybe in a new environment OEL refinds his spark and maybe Parayko isn't ready to be the backbone of the D core, but I think it's well founded to say Parayko>OEL at this moment. Parayko's contract is also more enticing from a value per dollar perspective though it would be nice if it was as long as OEL's.

My gut feeling is Parayko goes nowhere, but St. Louis will do their due dilligence to see what the return could be, since the returns or straight up cost to move one of Steen, Faulk, or Bozak are likely not particularly enticing.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The only type of deal I can see working for OEL is

Klefbom
Puljujarvi
Neal @1 mill retained
EDM 1st 2021 (top 5 protected)

for

OEL
Grabner
Raanta
3rd round pick

Oilers then flip the 3rd round pick to LA to get them to take Kris Russell (cap dump, d-man Todd likes).

Chiasson + Benning to Ottawa or Montreal (another cap dump). Maybe you can keep Benning if he agrees to like a 1 year $1.2 million or something.

Saves Arizona about $1 million next year, not a huge amount, but then they obviously save a lot more money the year after.

They have to take some long term salary back, but you can't simply ask a team to take like $50 million in dollars back and not expect to have something coming the other way.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I'm really torn on what makes sense for both teams involving a trade for OEL.
We haven't got a deep prospect pool, but DAMN I've been high on OEL ever since he came into the league. I thought that he was highly underrated since day 1 because across the league he was in Doughty's shadow.

I don't know what we should want to cough up here. I know Larsson won't be involved in this deal. (Actually would like to trade him for a forward)

People talking about trading Klefbom or Nurse in this deal really makes my head spin. I guess I'd cough up Nurse. Larger cap hit, shorter contract. Is craving a big pay day when his contract ends and I'm not convinced he's worth what he thinks he's worth.

But what else do you add to get a player like OEL?
He's making more $$$ in the next 3 years of his contract then it goes down to 2 and then the last 2 years have a 5.2M cap hit and he might be a target for a buyout by then depending on how he ages.
I'd be happy with the contract, I think.

So what do you add?
They're only buying 2 years of Nurse. If Arizona keeps Taylor Hall, that might keep Nurse there. I don't know what kinda terms they were on when Hall was around. Don't know if that's a selling point. I wonder if GMs ever ask players "Hey Taylor, what if I brought your buddy Darnell on board?"

I think we're going to be coughing up some prospects and a 1st but at the same time we need to shed some contracts. Kassian and/or Chaisson might make some sense. Depends on what Holland thinks he's got. If he's trading Larsson for a 2nd/3rd line winger we could afford to eject both of those contracts. I like Kassian, but the Kassian I love doesn't show up often enough. I imagine it takes a ton of motivation to be the player Kassian is when he's at his best.

space321

May 11, 2011
Upgrading our D to OEL/Parayko is just not worth it when upgrading our top line wingers from Kassian/Archibald to whoever can be done for the same price (or even cheaper probably).

Reactions: Mez
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad