Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | OE L Yes?

OEL, EL Yes or EL No?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
It also makes Edmundson look overpaid, at least with term.

Montreal didn't have a D problem, they have a "nobody can score" problem.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Thunder Bay is pretty much in Minnesota, so it isn't that.

When I say close to home I mean relatively in comparison to most other teams. He didn't want to be traded from Minny as he made it clear he wanted to retire there. I was shocked he was traded as he's got a great contract. I just don't get why Guerin would trade a great contact for arguably a poor one unless there were some contributing factors. Perhaps that's all he could get from the 10 teams on his list, as Staal was possibly playing hardball, but I find that surprising.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I would be shocked if Benning is traded for anything. I think they will not qualify him but maybe sign him to a cheaper deal after he tests the market and probably doesn’t find many suitors. A number 6D for cheap is going to be plentiful come FA. Qualifying Benning at 1.9 is insane if you don’t move Russell first. AA is a tougher one, part of me can’t see Holland letting him walk for nothing, and there will be suitors for him, even to take a discount, I just don’t think that discount will be here, teams won’t trade for him as they know the Oilers can’t afford to take him back at 3M, or at least don’t want to. The other side of me thinks Holland is a Vet, and has no problem cutting his losses with AA and waiting to see what he can get for a 3M winger on the open market, which will probably be quite a bit.

Holland said in a recent interview that right now he just doesn’t want to be handcuffed when whatever happens with the crazy, different, offseason shakes down, that’s the reason he wasn’t going to sign Smith

That is NOT an option. You either try to recover some picks, trade him for a player who is a better fit or qualify him at $3M and try to make it work. You do NOT let him walk 13 games after burning two 2nds for him, that would be inexcusable asset management and on par with some of the worst Chiarelli moves.

Even Benning I could see having some value although it would be a tough sell to a team to have to qualify him at $2M but Holland should at least try to get a mid to low round pick for him if he is intent on not qualifying him, which he shouldn't, or re-sign him for cheap.

Edit: I misunderstood what you said. I thought you said that you CAN see Holland letting him walk for nothing.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
I just want a PP DMAN. It opens up so many options for us.

Team has a historically good power play, fan thinks they need to acquire a piece for the power play.

:huh:

Oh and there's that Evan Bouchard guy who's probably on the team next year as a third pairing/power play guy.

Draisaitl is on a good contract for Oilers. Just wanted to see a counter proposal to assess value. Nowadays when players are close to their "value" you can almost trade anything for anything. Ekman Larsson could really turn things around for you, I believe. The missing piece.

Maybe Broberg and a firstrounder can do the trick. Getting better NOW.

Yeah maybe in a world where Arizona retains 50% on OEL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad