Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Klefbom is Injured, Who Replaces Him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The Flames problems are not in net anyway. Their forward group and Giordano are gutless and shrink in the playoffs. Monahan is a fraud who isn't even a no.2 C come playoff time. Their best player for both the last two post-seasons was their goalie, if they want to overpay on that position, good luck with that.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Still annoying. Apparently he doesn’t want to sign with a rebuilding team or a B market team. We know which one Detroit is. Which one does he consider Edmonton? Or is it both?

The "B" market is interesting. Does he mean that as a shot at the city or does he mean he doesn't want to be in a 1A/1B situation.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Still annoying. Apparently he doesn’t want to sign with a rebuilding team or a B market team. We know which one Detroit is. Which one does he consider Edmonton? Or is it both?

Twits like OEL and Markstrom think Edmonton is such a poor market can have their Canucks and Flames. They aren’t interested in winning. Just money and lifestyle. So f*** them.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Twits like OEL and Markstrom think Edmonton is such a poor market can have their Canucks and Flames. They aren’t interested in winning. Just money and lifestyle. So f*** them.

The thing that annoys me is that Calgary shouldn’t be associated with money and lifestyle anymore than Edmonton. It’s an optics issue that this organization needs to change.

Reactions: tabs and McTonyBrar

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

Don't think it has as much to do with life style for Markstrom, lol. In fairness the Oilers have left several goalies out to dry -- Dubnyk, Talbot, etc. That rep may have caught up to them a bit. It's fine it's not like we have 6 million dollars to spend on Markstrom anyway.

Reactions: Faelko

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I wonder if word is beginning to circulate around the league that Edmonton is a place where goaltenders are left out to dry.

I don't know but he just gave the Oilers bulletin board material everytime they play him, if calling the city a "B" market is taken how it sounds. I know Edmonton will never compare to LA, NYC, etc. but in no way is a city 2.5 hours away with a steadily declining downtown vacancy a full letter grade above Edmonton. I hope they light his ass up from here on out, wherever he plays.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Why do people get so upset about Edmonton being a less desirable market? How is this new news?

Majority have players have always pick Calgary over Edmonton, see the mountains.

Outside of Winnipeg, Edmonton is probably the least desirable place to play.

Top that all off with the fact the Oilers, if you count last season, have made the playoffs twice in the last 14 years, and are the laughing stock of the NHL on a regular basis. If it wasn’t for Mcdavid/Drai this team would probably have to be relocated by now because most fans, would have probably jumped shift after so much crap.

And people want multi millionaires with 31 other choices to pick Edmonton? And expect they will?

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
The "B" market is interesting. Does he mean that as a shot at the city or does he mean he doesn't want to be in a 1A/1B situation.
Such a B market team. If it wasn’t for a team like the Oilers half these sunbelt teams wouldn’t even exist. If not for the oilers hosting the bubble the season wouldn’t have even been finished. Mutiple heart and art Ross runaways in the Last 5 years and two of the best players on the planet. My god what is an A market team exactly?

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Seems like Edmonton is constantly disrespected from all angles, the league, media, fans, players. Hopefully the disrespect can put a chip on the guys on this teams shoulders, the fact that even with two of the best in the world, everyone treats you as a laughingstock. No doubt we have our holes but I’ve seen much worse rosters perform much better and after the embarrassment of getting dumped by a non playoff Blackhawks and all the chatter of guys avoiding playing here like the plague, they need to use all these little things to push themselves to better performances on a consistent basis.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Markstrom is a good goalie for anyone who wants him, but also probably comes in overpaid with an injury risk.

Still though, if we had the money I'd be down.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Almost certainly the former.

It seems that way so I'd like to hear Markstrom clear what he meant.

Maybe he doesn't want to sign here because of Koski? Maybe he wants to be the legit go to starting goalie. Here he'd be 1B or 1A. In calgary, there's no Talbot

Yeah that's what I posted a few up from your reply. I'm more thinking it's a shot at Edmonton but need the direct quote, not a second hand quote.

Reactions: Cloned
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese