Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Klefbom is Injured, Who Replaces Him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
that Dcore is absolutely horrid.

Nurse is a top 4 Dman.

Bear is a top 4 Dman but still a bit of a wild card due to inexperience.

Jones is a wild card, but not as good as Bear or Nurse.

Larsson is a bottom pairing Dman based on the last few years of play.

Then you throw a defensively suspect rookie in the mix?

if this is what the D resembles next season, we’re toast before the season starts.
You probably said that last season when you saw bear make the team.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
He's one of those guys who looks busy, but doesn't get a lot done. Real Ryan Jones energy.

He's fine as a plug who can skate with McDavid and not look completely lost, but if he's the best player on his line, we're screwed.

I’ll agree, he is not 1st line material but we need to address that soon

Jarvi

Mar 22, 2012
So say Florida really wants to blow it up, their two big trade pieces are our biggest needs possibly. Those two being Huberdeau and Ekblad, at a pretty good combined price.

Would anyone here mortgage our future entirely, giving them

'20 1st
'21 first
Bouchard
Benson
Russell
Larsson
Klef

For Ekblad and Huberdeau.

Would leave us with a pretty thin D, but a top 4 of Jones-Ekblad and Nurse-Bear is pretty decent if all continue on a forward trajectory developmentally from last year. Benning would be able to be resigned most likely at that point as I believe we shed a couple mil. Him and Samo or a cheap vet rounds out the bottom pair.

Huberdeau lights it up with McDavid.

Panthers take on some cap, but shed a bunch of money in Klef/Russell, and Larsson can help insulate some of their D prospects.

Obviously we lose out on our two best prospects at their positions, and no way to recoup them for a couple years at least. Lots of value each way, who tells who to get bent?

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Except Ekblad is another injury prone player. The reason OEL made sense was his durability. One more concussion and Ekblad may be done. Way to much risk especially if Bouchard is in the deal IMO.

As someone whom lived through concussions. I agree . After my forth I started taking seizures

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Haven’t read the thread much but has anyone suggested we go hard after Krug on a 7x7 deal? Move Russell to free cap space. Next year move Klefbom for another piece we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad