Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Klefbom is Injured, Who Replaces Him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Shitty that some players don’t want to come to Edmonton but it is what it is - I’m not gonna lose sleep over it.

I’d much rather focus on players like McDavid and Draisaitl, who signed here for full term (in the case of Connor, at a discount even), and the many other players like Hall, Nuge, Smyth, Gretz, etc. who love(d) this city and playing here.

It’s all just noise.

Last edited:

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
As I've always said, no FA or trade is gonna save us in today's NHL. Sound drafting and development is the only way.

Also why I think it's f***ing stupid when people get angry at the GM for not signing better FA's or not making the same trade as some other team. Some people don't realise how handicapped we are with regards to players wanting to be here.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Shitty that some players don’t want to come to Edmonton but it is what it is - I’m not gonna lose sleep over it.

I’d much rather focus on players like McDavid and Draisaitl, who signed here for full term (in the case of Connor, at a discount even), and the many other players like Hall, Nuge, Smyth, Gretz, etc. who love(d) this city and playing here.

It’s all just noise. I love Edmonton and the people here. That’s all that matters to me.

I used to feel like that. I'm sort of at the point now where I'd prefer to be a successful organization.

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan

GOilers88

Fer Da
Dec 24, 2016

It’s all just noise. I love Edmonton and the people here. That’s all that matters to me.
I'm from Surrey BC and I feel the same way. f*** the noise cause it's always going to be there. Winning cures all.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Those are mutually exclusive. Teams can be successful without being a big free agent destination. In fact most teams that are successful do it through the draft anyway.

I agree with the patient approach, but it doesn't mean take yourself out of the right conversations.

Big contracts for guys like Lucic, Eriksson etc. That's a mistake. A franchise dman like Pietrangelo, you arent doing your job if it fills a massive hole on your team, and you aren't inquiring.

The fan in me is obviously all over the OEL, Pietrangelo, Hall, Debrusk stuff because why not. It's exciting. Right or wrong long term, and of those players make us much better next season.

But on the back end, Nurse, Bear, Jones, Samorukov, Broberg, Bouchard. We look pretty good.

Upfront, imagine if we can add Quinn to a young group in RNH, McDavid, Drai and Yama?

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
I agree with the patient approach, but it doesn't mean take yourself out of the right conversations.

Big contracts for guys like Lucic, Eriksson etc. That's a mistake. A franchise dman like Pietrangelo, you arent doing your job if it fills a massive hole on your team, and you aren't inquiring.

The fan in me is obviously all over the OEL, Pietrangelo, Hall, Debrusk stuff because why not. It's exciting. Right or wrong long term, and of those players make us much better next season.

But on the back end, Nurse, Bear, Jones, Samorukov, Broberg, Bouchard. We look pretty good.

Upfront, imagine if we can add Quinn to a young group in RNH, McDavid, Drai and Yama?
I don’t think it does, but I’m not gonna lose any sleep if there are certain players that don’t want to player here or can’t appreciate what Edmonton has to offer. It’s not really the glitzy glammy city that some millionaires prefer, but it doesn’t have to be.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Markstrom is going to get grossly overpaid and I'm glad it won't be by the Oilers.

Yeah, I feel like they won’t make any big moves and a bunch of people here will freak out about it and be writing off the season before it even starts like some have a tendency to do, but they’ll make some small moves that help and overall the team will be better next year.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Free Agency rarely if ever helps a team in the long run. Teams who make smart trade and draft selections will have the greatest success. Most of the contracts signed on Free Agency that benefit teams are short-term deals such Lehner with New York Islanders.

I think Holland should be focused on acquiring players on team controlled deal.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I will be a bit miffed about giving those draft picks to Detroit in two separate deals for essentially nothing for a long time.
Yeah, but that is literally the risk. 10 months earlier, getting AA for 2 2nds and Sam Gagner would have been pretty great. It's just how the risk breaks. I hope they are still talking to him if they aren't going to qualify him and they can't bring him to arbitration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->