Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Klefbom is Injured, Who Replaces Him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Did someone actually offer Khaira for Timmins in the last thread?

I know Timmins has been Mr. Glass as a prospect but if the Avs did that I'd be laughing to the bank.

Khaira at this point is unnecessary cap and not really an NHL player. It sucks to see how far he has fallen but boy he was useless last year for most games.

Reactions: B33K33PING

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Montreal Canadiens GM Marc Bergevin: Max Domi got away from his strengths this season - TSN.ca

“Max came in the first year and he played a north-south game. He played a power game with skill,” Bergevin told Tony Marinaro on The Montreal Forum Show. “This year I saw Max trying to pull up more, playing the skill game with power after. So, he switched what he does best because he’s a powerful player with skill, and I thought he was trying to play the skill game more than the power game. That’s what hurt him this year.”

“So best-case scenario is you look at yourself in the mirror and you say, ‘What can I do better?’ And not, ‘What Marc Bergevin can do better?’ Not what the coach can do better, but what can I do better? I think Max, maybe this year he was a little confused about, ‘Who am I playing with,’ or ‘Why am I not playing with this guy?’”

~~~~~~~
That's a surprisingly critical and honest take from a GM. I'm still interested in him I think a Domi - McDavid- Kassian line would work. I struggle to find a fair price for him I think MTL fans ask of Nurse for Domi straight up is absurd and Oiler fans counter of Athanasiou + pocket lint is equally as bad.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
With Klefbom injury (I am sure it is insured) maybe Klefbom + Chiasson + 2021 1st for OEL . Only adds 2 million to our cap . Arizona moves his cap hit and only pay Chiasson for 1 year . Next season if Klefbom returns they pay 4.1 instead of 10 million plus they get the pick to help them add more youth

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I just want to add this in because I feel like it's required:

When McDavid OR Drai were on the ice at 5v5, this team scored 85 goals and let in 79 goals. +6. You'd hope for better from the two stars but they scored so much on the PP that it went beyond that total, plus still over the water.

When NEITHER are on the ice....oh my god. 41 goals for, 67 goals against at 5v5. -26. Worse than Buffalo's team plus/minus as a whole.

Stats are from PuckIQ.

Ken Holland, you have been gifted two superstars. Right now, the Oilers are Buffalo but with two Jack Eichels instead of just one. RNH is our Reinhart. Neal actually is kind of our Skinner. Yamamoto is our Olofsson and Nurse is more similar to Ristolainen than people may realize but I'd certainly rather have Nurse (We don't have a Dahlin either!) Please replace some of the abysmal barely NHL guys in the bottom six with some real NHL talent, you'd be amazed at how much better the team would be with even average players instead of Khaira, Patrick Russell, Sheahan, Nygard taking roles.

If we were absolutely dead even, at ZERO for plus/minus at 5v5, when Drai or McDavid aren't on the ice, our goal differential would be 2nd in the West only behind Colorado. Yeah, we'd be that much better.

Last edited:

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Maybe Erik Gustafsson would come back on a short term deal.

One of the better lefties out there. Would be a nice puck-moving complement to Larsson .

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
There is a Jackets fan on the main boards that is saying he wouldn't trade Elvis Merzlikins for Connor McDavid.

Elvis. Merzlikins. for. Connor. McDavid. :facepalm:
He’s probably getting lots of support being on the mains lol

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Nurse - Bear
Jones - Larsson

as top 4

Yeah no. It's one thing to ask Jones and Bear to step up like that for a couple weeks during and injury. I bet they would thrive.

But unless they both take another big step this summer, that top 4 would collapse in a full season.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Nurse - Bear
Jones - Larsson

as top 4

This may sound crazy but...

I'm least worried about Jones in that set-up.

Is Larsson's back going to hold especially if Jones has some kinks in his game?

Can Nurse-Bear actually function as a top pair after Chicago absolutely ripped them apart?

The answer to both is, no.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Did someone actually offer Khaira for Timmins in the last thread?

I know Timmins has been Mr. Glass as a prospect but if the Avs did that I'd be laughing to the bank.

Khaira at this point is unnecessary cap and not really an NHL player. It sucks to see how far he has fallen but boy he was useless last year for most games.

I'm far from a huge Khaira fan, but did you know that he had the least GA/60 on the PK in the league this year (among those playing more than 100mins of PK time). 2.37 GA/60... I mean that is an unbelievable number.

To put it in perspective, the guys 19th, 20th, and 21st on the list are Bear, Hedman, and Archibald... who had numbers of ~5.0 GA/60. There were only two other guys with GA below 3.0/60.

He's a huge reason our PK was 2nd in the league. You gotta find room for a guy like that on your 4th line. If you can't it's because your third line needs upgrading.

I gotta say I was surprised by that stat (I was actually looking up Draisaitl's PK numbers), but it was enough to change my perspective on this player.

Last edited:

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I'm far from a huge Khaira fan, but did you know that he had the least GA/60 on the PK in the league this year (among those playing more than 100mins of PK time). 2.37 GA/60... I mean that is an unbelievable number.

To put it in perspective, the guys 19th, 20th, and 21st on the list are Bear, Hedman, and Archibald... who had numbers of ~5.0 GA/60.

He's a huge reason our PK was 2nd in the league. You gotta find room for a guy like that on your 4th line. If you can't it's because your third line needs upgrading.

I am fully aware of Khaira's PK numbers - however he's so nothing at 5v5, not to mention that from watching his PK shifts intently, it seemed like Nuge was the driver of the success and I do tend to feel like Nuge + a PK guy who isn't useless at 5v5 would still have similar results.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
What would you guys honestly be comfortable paying Nuge?

Maybe I'm just underrating him, curious to hear some other opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->