Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Hey Ken Where's the Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

poolparty98

Aug 6, 2017
I like Toffoli and all, but even with him, if we do nothing and stand pat at deadline, we still beat Canucks in a series, nbd

Billy8484

Feb 17, 2020
Ottawa , Canada
So should we go for Craig Smith and Granlund? Those are good buy lows that Holland could swallow the price for. Problem is their cap but I think it can work with some LTIR magic and Russell being fired into the sun.
I’d love those players , but the preds are close to the wildcard spot as well and those guys are valuable to them

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
The hockey year started in September 2019
Holland signed
Sheahan
Archibald
Got rid of Lucic
Haas
And more . Because of Holland moves are pk is top 10 . PP is the best in the league . We are only 4 points back of the cup champions after 2/3 of the season . But yeah he done nothing . Also some times the right move is no move .

I agree.
You should post this in the Hardware for Management thread. :nod:

space321

May 11, 2011
Really surprised people willing to stand pat watching division opponents load up on depth, while we have... Archibald, Neal, Kassian as options for McDavid's wing.

These prospects being given up, while good, aren't exactly untouchable level. Every season that goes by without giving McDavid+Draisaitl a legitimate shot at competing in the playoffs is one year less. Let alone in a year like this where the pacific is looking so weak. We need deeeppptthhhhhhhhhhhh. We need that top line winger so guys like Archibald and Kassian can perform their roles as excellent bottom 6 forwards instead of being an anchor with McDavid. Hence, getting a top line winger will solve our depth problems.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Really surprised people willing to stand pat watching division opponents load up on depth, while we have... Archibald, Neal, Kassian as options for McDavid's wing.
This year is a bonus...we were not supposed to be as good as we are...Next year we can start making big moves.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019

I’m one of the more vocal posters about wanting to upgrade the team and make a run this year, but these prices are too steep even for me.

If Holland can find someone on pace for 50 ish points this year, or a third line C, I’d be ecstatic, but if he has to pay these prices I’d rather we do nothing. Hopefully the market settles down closer to the deadline

Reactions: North

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Yes. The 2020 draft is supposed to be the deepest draft since 2003

Again as I've said before I've talked to some NHL scouts who feel it's top heavy, but not anything special outside of the top 10.

I think the willingness to move first rounders with top 10 protection is an indication of that.

space321

May 11, 2011
This year is a bonus...we were not supposed to be as good as we are...Next year we can start making big moves.

It was a bonus at the start of the year, but now that bonus has matured into what's looking like a really good opportunity, why not take it?

RandomGuy79

Oct 4, 2017
Surrey

These prospects being given up, while good, aren't exactly untouchable level. Every season that goes by without giving McDavid+Draisaitl a legitimate shot at competing in the playoffs is one year less. Let alone in a year like this where the pacific is looking so weak. We need deeeppptthhhhhhhhhhhh. We need that top line winger so guys like Archibald and Kassian can perform their roles as excellent bottom 6 forwards instead of being an anchor with McDavid. Hence, getting a top line winger will solve our depth problems.

So should we have offered up Bouchard and a 2nd for Toffoli? Would you be ok with that?

Reactions: TB12 and Mav3rick07

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The Canucks are kind of screwed cap-wise this summer. Benning is going to be giving up some assets to get rid of bad contracts.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
The hockey year started in September 2019
Holland signed
Sheahan
Archibald
Got rid of Lucic
Haas
And more . Because of Holland moves are pk is top 10 . PP is the best in the league . We are only 4 points back of the cup champions after 2/3 of the season . But yeah he done nothing . Also some times the right move is no move .
Meh, that's just one side of the story. Holland did the same as Chia.. throw cheap shit against the wall and hope some stick.
Jurco, Haas, Persson didn't pan out but Archi, Shehan are starting to gel.
Sure we got rid of Lucic but we had to retain salary and Neal is an offensive black hole at ES. What does he have at ES? 10 or 12 points getting top 6 regular minutes. -23 to boot.

Tippet should get more credit for our PK and PP than Holland. We have Drai and Nuge killing penalties regularly which means Holland didn't really do his job.

Kassian deal looks pretty crappy at the moment as well. Worst possible time to sign that player.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Desperation trade for Vancouver. Takes a player off the market for Calgary at a high price driving prices for remaining rentals even higher.

Just get AA from Detroit Kenny. Do it now.

Reactions: guymez

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
So should we have offered up Bouchard and a 2nd for Toffoli? Would you be ok with that?

Madden was a 3rd rounder playing at Northeastern.
Maybe we should have traded Filip Berglund a 2nd and a 4th for Toffoli. Our divisional rivals are paying prices within our reach to acquire roster players that we need worse than they do. Toffoli would be a huge upgrade for our top 6 and I’m not even his biggest fan. Coleman would have been better but his price was actually too high.

We need to add a player that can actually contribute on the scoreboard. It’ll do more than help us keep up in the arms race — our need runs deeper than the trade deadline.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Probably like a 15% chance we make a single trade, let alone 3.
There is 0% chance that we Don't make a trade.. Holland will make them but they just wouldn't be sexy.

Something like Simmonds for Khaira

Nicholson's ass will surely be on the line if we don't make the playoffs. Fan rage will be a factor for sure

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
The pro-trade people would not be ok with that

We do not have to give up Bouchard to get a great winger for McDavid.

McDavid needs a winger. Throwing away a year just because it's not in the 'plan' doesn't make sense to me.
The team has an obvious hole on it. Tampa added pieces seemingly for the sake of it. We have the #1 and probably soon to be #2 scorers in the league. It's not a good year to try for a cup???

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Madden was a 3rd rounder playing at Northeastern.
Maybe we should have traded Filip Berglund a 2nd and a 4th for Toffoli. Our divisional rivals are paying prices within our reach to acquire roster players that we need worse than they do. Toffoli would be a huge upgrade for our top 6.

Madden is closer to Lavoie/Benson in terms of trade value than Berglund.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
The pro-trade people would not be ok with that

We do not have to give up Bouchard to get a great winger for McDavid.

McDavid needs a winger. Throwing away a year just because it's not in the 'plan' doesn't make sense to me.
The team has an obvious hole on it. Tampa added pieces seemingly for the sake of it. We have the #1 and probably soon to be #2 scorers in the league. It's not a good year to try for a cup???
TB is gunning for the cup.. we are gunning for a playoffs spot.
Not the same situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad