Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Hey Ken Where's the Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I'm happy about Vancouver's trade, that's exactly how you have either A. Have an exceedingly short cup window or B. Miss it completely.

That organization has never had the patience to preserve asset value and appropriately expend their assets when they have a good shot at a cup. Seems like the second they get a good team they make a push to be a really good team for a short unsustainable window, always falling short of greatness, in this case I'm not even sure they hit the bar for really good and they are already out a 1st and 2nd + good prospect chasing it.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I would say he is, considering Yamamoto is only ~50 games into his NHL career and off to a hot start playing with the 2nd best player on earth. Has potential to be better than Toffoli, but I wouldn't say he's an obvious 'better'. Nugent-Hopkins is a better winger if he's playing wing, sure. He is a C though.

Anyway, the point is that both sides of our centre are objectively trash. Bringing in a guy good for 20-25 goals if not more playing with McDavid/Drai...would be huge strictly from a player and value standpoint in relation to Lavoie, 2nd, Chaser.

Contract stuff is another discussion and makes it less worth, of course. Talent wise, it would be worth.

On this team right now RNH and Yamo are both wingers and they're both playing at a very high level (and have chemistry with our other elite player, which is something we've been looking for for a very long time).

There's no guarantee Toffoli would have chemistry with McDavid, and if I had to bet, based on playing style (he's like Eberle), they wouldn't. We tried McDavid with Eberle and it didn't work.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
On this team right now RNH and Yamo are both wingers and they're both playing at a very high level (and have chemistry with our other elite player, which is something we've been looking for for a very long time).

There's no guarantee Toffoli would have chemistry with McDavid, and if I had to bet, based on playing style (he's like Eberle), they wouldn't. We tried McDavid with Eberle and it didn't work.
Weird, I don't see much of a comparison between Toffoli/Eberle.

Toffoli scores off an insane shot and going to the net. Eberle has always been a perimeter player/passer with soft hands.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Weird, I don't see much of a comparison between Toffoli/Eberle.

Toffoli scores off an insane shot and going to the net. Eberle has always been a perimeter player/passer with soft hands.

They're both non-physical, streaky scorers with good, but not elite, shooting ability and average speed. Toffoli is more perimeter than you think, and Eberle actually goes to the net more often than you think.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
We brought in about 6 new guys and you expected every one of them to turn into something special? When you have that many holes, you do the best you can, and the fact that Sheahan, Archie, and Nygaard have turned into serviceable players and more, is a win for me. And I still think Haas has some value and continues to grow. As for Neal, you can't just throw away the 19 goals he scored, however he scored them, and pretend they didn't help us win some games early on. Night and day from what Lucic would have brought. And if he comes back healthy and can pot another 5-10, then it's a huge win.
Chia literally did throw **** against the wall, both with his free agent signings and his crazy trades, giving away draft picks like they were 10 cent pieces of candy. Holland has made some calculated gambles that clearly have paid off. He has done more this year than Chia did in 4 years. Check that, not true, Chia actually went backwards from when he started.
Chia's shit was calculated as well. Reider, Caggiula, Lucic, Spooner, Strome, Puljujarvi, Rattie, Brodziak and even Yamamoto all went stone cold suck for Oilers.
Chiasson and Koskinen only ones panning out for Chia.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
Desperation trade for Vancouver. Takes a player off the market for Calgary at a high price driving prices for remaining rentals even higher.

Just get AA from Detroit Kenny. Do it now.
AA is horrid defensively we don’t need that with McDavid tbh

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
that package Vancouver gave up is something you give to get a player like Palmieri not a few months of Toffoli.
2nd + prospect for a rental is pretty normal for a contender. Holland I suspect will do the same at deadline.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
These prices for rentals are crazy. Hopefully Holland stands pat if this is what it's going to cost for a rental. What kind of king's ransom is Kreider going to cost? A player with term on the other hand...go for it.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
If we did this for the 2017 playoff run, we wouldn't have Yamamoto right now.

Bingo for all those screaming for Holland to move the first. I'd love to know who went at the deadline in 2017 and where they are now if traded for a first.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
This post actually puts it into perspective...

But then again not every pick hits, we should know that better than basically anyone.
Every single one of our later 1sts has hit, be it Eberle, Klefbom, Yamamoto. The guys we actually let develop normally come into the league and perform when they’re ready. We normally get into trouble when we start rushing players/higher picks.

Reactions: Dan Kelly
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->