Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Hey Ken Where's the Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
If the price is right. A first is too big a price for a rental. And any rentals worth mentioning will be overpriced so I’m curious to see what he’s able to do.

Stauffer said the other day he expects nothing significant.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I thought of bit of crazy trade with the Wings, Mantha just came back from IR.

To DET: 1st, Puljujarvi, Khaira, Manning and Samorukov

To EDM: Mantha, Nielsen($1.75M Retained) and Perlini

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
I wonder if Uncle Ken is looking more for a cheap alternative in a winger rather than the expensive, big ticket guys (Hall, Hoffman, etc)?

Who’s a younger, cost controlled player that has yet to breakout? Someone the Oilers could target that would only cost Puljujarvi and a pick/prospect?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Detroit unfortunately says a hard no. Mantha is one of their declared 4 players on their not trading list.
Mantha, Larkin, Bertuzzi and Zadina (sp?) Yzerman said he’s not trading.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Detroit unfortunately says a hard no. Mantha is one of their declared 4 players on their not trading list.
Mantha, Larkin, Bertuzzi and Zadina (sp?) Yzerman said he’s not trading.
Cool, then they can hope for the best I guess. I mean I sort of understand, but they're Oilers during early decade of darkness bad.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010

If the Oilers are taking on Nielsen then Neal needs to go back. Perlini isn't worth any more than Kharia. In saying that I'd like Mantha a lot but i'm not giving up a 1st, Puljujarvi, and Samorukov for him, nevermind eating an awful contract. Remember when everyone wanted to throw Bear into every deal as the sweetener? I see everyone and their dog doing that with Samorukov and I think it's fair to say we're all ecstatic that never happened. Samorukov is a big time prospect to be adding to a 1st and Puljujarvi is still valuable. If that's the ask for Mantha then Holland needs to find something cheaper, assets not eligible for selection in the expansion draft need to be carefully managed.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I think this road trip will dictate a lot. Based on the way Holland is talking, I expect a more significant move if they go 2-1 or 3-0 on the trip but if they go 1-2 or 0-3, I think he'll stand pat for a while longer and by significant, I don't mean any of the top rentals but more significant than a Nick Shore type add.

You'd think it would be the reverse that he would be more eager to make a move if they start sliding but it sounds like he's more inclined to make a move if they move closer to playoff lock.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Not landing a top 6 forward or top 4 dman by the deadline would be so dumb.

A team that makes the playoffs twice in 15 years cant be pissing away one of the few chances they get. Just like last time and all we acquired was desharnais because chia wanted to “see how we did before making any big moves” only to have us miss every year since while wasting all of mcdrais elc and now wasting the years where they’re the two best offensive players in the league by far.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Cool, then they can hope for the best I guess. I mean I sort of understand, but they're Oilers during early decade of darkness bad.

The difference is they have a nice crop of young players to add whereas we just had the young players. I’d like KH to target AA.

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
Not landing a top 6 forward or top 4 dman by the deadline would be so dumb.

A team that makes the playoffs twice in 15 years cant be pissing away one of the few chances they get. Just like last time and all we acquired was desharnais because chia wanted to “see how we did before making any big moves” only to have us miss every year since while wasting all of mcdrais elc and now wasting the years where they’re the two best offensive players in the league by far.

What kind of top four defensman are you looking for?
I agree on a top six forward although it does not have to be a big gun pick up although I like Tartar.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
What kind of top four defensman are you looking for?
I agree on a top six forward although it does not have to be a big gun pick up although I like Tartar.
Nobody in mind, just think we need to be turning over every stone to find 1 or the other, preferably a dman who can break the puck out. I don’t think we have the assets to get both.

replacement

Oct 20, 2018

Mantha is 100% not being traded ever.

But... There is another Mantha coming up. I don't know what Yzerman thinks of the player, but he's going to be an NHL player, and in my opinion he's going to be a beast, and that's Michael Rasmussen. I would give a second and a high end d prospect for him.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

But... There is another Mantha coming up. I don't know what Yzerman thinks of the player, but he's going to be an NHL player, and in my opinion he's going to be a beast, and that's Michael Rasmussen. I would give a second and a high end d prospect for him.
That's great this team needs NHL players for now.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
@Little Fury yes, it wasn't 25 games, the 25 came from one of the GF numbers. Sorry for the mix up.

Also, we have top end talent so of course that will show. But even with Drai's line on a tear they still "only" have 16 GF since January compared to the rest of the team which has 20 GF. So it's very much different from October.

Last edited:

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018

Meh. Don't see high upside in Rasmussen at all. Maybe a net-front top-9 kind of guy, but not the 2nd coming of Anthony Mantha. A 2nd + Samorukov/high end D prospect is an overpayment.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
People are mentioning Dumbas name a lot which is insane, guy is having a down year but was on a crazy pace before getting injured last year. He’s just 25 and could easily be a 25 goal defenseman. I would love him here. To me Broberg is borderline untouchable but I would strongly consider moving him to land Dumba here.

A top 4 of,

Klefbom-Dumba
Nurse-Larsson/Bouchard/Bear,

would be awesome headed into next year and would solidify our d for about 5 years.

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
Meh. Don't see high upside in Rasmussen at all. Maybe a net-front top-9 kind of guy, but not the 2nd coming of Anthony Mantha. A 2nd + Samorukov/high end D prospect is an overpayment.

We'll see! There was a time Anthony Mantha wasn't Anthony Mantha. They've got different games, but Rasmussen is bonafide, an absolute killer.

destro909

Jan 3, 2008
People are mentioning Dumbas name a lot which is insane, guy is having a down year but was on a crazy pace before getting injured last year. He’s just 25 and could easily be a 25 goal defenseman. I would love him here. To me Broberg is borderline untouchable but I would strongly consider moving him to land Dumba here.

A top 4 of,

Klefbom-Dumba

would be awesome headed into next year and would solidify our d for about 5 years.

Dumba seems like one of the last players Minnesota would want to trade. Has anyone reported that he's available, or is this just speculation?

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019

A top 4 of,

Klefbom-Dumba

That would be a meaningless move to get Dumba. You will need to gut the prospect pool and unload picks to get Dumba which is really Dumb-a. You roll the dice with Bouchard in the second pair and have Bear play 3rd pair on the right side. Klefbom and Larsson stays up on the top pair until Bouchard's ready to move up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad