Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Hey Ken Where's the Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I don't know what the Oilers equivalent of Madden would be, Lavoie perhaps so Lavoie+2nd? I don't see this as a big missed opportunity for the Oilers.
I'm not sure this deal makes sense for the Canucks unless they can re-sign Toffoli but I give Benning credit for being proactive. Again, it seems like a sellers market so I wouldn't expect much from Holland.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I don't know what the Oilers equivalent of Madden would be, Lavoie perhaps so Lavoie+2nd? I don't see this as a big missed opportunity for the Oilers.
I'm not sure this deal makes sense for the Canucks unless they can re-sign Toffoli but I give Benning credit for being proactive. Again, it seems like a sellers market so I wouldn't expect much from Holland.

My guess is Benning was unwilling to give up Madden until yesterday, then he panicked and included Madden before the price got any higher.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Lavoie, if he trended upward next season.

What the hell is Jim Benning doing?

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
My guess is Benning was unwilling to give up Madden until yesterday, then he panicked and included Madden before the price got any higher.

It seems like a weird trade for Vancouver. If they make the playoffs and are a quick out then lose Toffoli in the offseason, they would have no picks until the 3rd this season and lost a pretty good prospect. I don't see much playoff upside even with this addition so I'm not sure the risk is worth it for them.
This is why Holland needs to be careful to not get caught up in the rental hoopla.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Benning sucks at UFA signings, this will be fun to watch if he tries to re-sign Toffoli. $15.5M wasted on Eriksson, Beagle, Roussel, and Ferland until 2022.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
It seems like a weird trade for Vancouver. If they make the playoffs and are a quick out then lose Toffoli in the offseason, they would have no picks until the 3rd this season and lost a pretty good prospect. I don't see much playoff upside even with this addition so I'm not sure the risk is worth it for them.

They need defense, not secondary scoring.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Benning sucks at UFA signings, this will be fun to watch if he tries to re-sign Toffoli. $15.5M wasted on Eriksson, Beagle, Roussel, and Ferland until 2022.

He went riverboat gambling on Ferland. This is year one of four and the guy may not be able to play at all this season.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Lavoie, if he trended upward next season.

What the hell is Jim Benning doing?

Ya our most equivalent prospect would have been Yamamoto before his recent stint, Madden is 20 and putting up great numbers in college against players older then him.

I don’t think it’s Benning, Canucks ownership has been pushing him I think, hence the Miller trade and signing Myers last offseason and now this, I think the Canucks owners actually think they have a shot at it.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

I think they needed a winger for the Horvat line too but this is the type of trade that only elite teams should be making. Maybe they make a surprising run but it's a real longshot even with this addition.

I'm convinced that Holland isn't making a splash now with these high prices. It's going to piss some people off but I think it's better for him to stay away from these type of trades.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011

Agreed.

I underestimated Madden a bit I think. They're fan base isnt a fan of this trade.

I just dont think this is a great target for them. I think they should of continued to build their team. I think Vancouver is a pretty decent drafting team. Trade sort of reminds of something Chiarelli would of done. Benning trying to save his job a bit I think.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I think they needed a winger for the Horvat line too but this is the type of trade that only elite teams should be making. Maybe they make a surprising run but it's a real longshot even with this addition.

I'm convinced that Holland isn't making a splash now with these high prices. It's going to piss some people off but I think it's better for him to stay away from these type of trades.

Probably all true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad