Rumor: Rumors and Fake News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EquabaleAce

Nov 8, 2003
Calgary
What about Clague, Kempe, and a small salary dump for Patches retained for cap reasons if LA is still interested that is

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
People are too blind by their half minded hate for MB, they cant see how good of a trade that was.

People know how good of a deal it was but that was the market for a 29-30 year old goal scorer going to UFA the next season. Problem is if it happens again Bergevin would be tje one left holding the bag after being robbed.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
All the rumours in the world are great and all but nothing changes the fact a ton of teams still have a ton of cap and want to be competitive. Patches gets you there.

The fact people keep saying Montreal has no leverage is dumb. We have an impact player that will benefit any team and multiple teams to trade him to. If any one of those teams what’s him, well then they’ll have to pay the price. If not, they’ll lose him and a player who can help them compete for a cup. That’s all the motivation any one team needs. Not to mention he’s dirt cheap and Habs can still pick up half his salary if they wanted to sweeten the pot and give other team more space to load up.

All this talk about giving him away is beyond dumb.

There are no dumb opinions, just differences of opinion.

I don't personally subscribe to the no leverage theory since Nash fetched a good haul at the TDL and MaxPac has more to offer, including a full season if someone jumps on him now.

I think there is the perception that Bergevin has lost leverage on account of not having been able to move the player at the TDL and at the draft, but who knows how much of that is what he was offered vs. how unreasonable his demands may have been. Suffice to say, the arguments are about how much more could have been had for Pacioretty -- and the fact that Bergevin is reported to be seeking a sign and trade for him is probably an indicator that he's not getting palatable offers.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I am not convinced this is a tank year until I see what kind return we get for Pacioretty.

I really still think MB believes this is a playoff team and he will actively be making moves to try and make the playoffs.

At the end of the day, that's literally what he said he would do and he basically always does the dumbass things he says in his pressers. He doesn't deserve any faith at all at this point. We need actions not this bull**** "oh well he doesn't need to SAY he's tanking, he's just doing it for the cameras but secretly he is trying to tank."

Sorry but Galchenyuk for Domi is not a tanking move. It's a move from a guy who still stupidly thinks more grit and attitude is what we need.

lol bullshit cmon there is no way in hell he thinks we are a playoff team

The only reason why he wont admit they are ''rebuilding'' its because they want to see tickets and they dont trust real fans to accept the tank.

If he was trying to make playoffs this year he would have picked Zadina and made him play in the NHL right away.

Our best Center (default position) Is Danault then Plekanec and De La Rose. There is no way we make playoffs.
Byron injured , Shaw probably done for all , Weber out for around 41 matches and will be rusty for 10 atleast.

Pacioretty will probably be traded for a 1st at this point. Bergevin handled this like an idiot like he did with Price.

All this failure is because of 2 guys.

Embrace the tank for 3-4 years

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
lol bull**** cmon there is no way in hell he thinks we are a playoff team

The only reason why he wont admin they are ''rebuilding'' its because they want to see tickets and they dont trust real fans to accept the tank.

If he was trying to make playoffs this year he would have picked Zadina and made him play in the NHL right away.

Our best Center (default position) Is Danault then Plekanec and De La Rose. There is no way we make playoffs.
Byron injured , Shaw probably done for all , Weber out for around 41 matches and will be rusty for 10 atleast.

Pacioretty will probably be traded for a 1st at this point. Bergevin handled this like an idiot like he did with Price.

All this failure is because of 2 guys.

Embrace the tank for 3-4 years

I absolutely agree that this is one of, if not the worst team in the NHL. It is that bad.

But I don't know if Bergevin believes that. And I'm not entirely convinced he won't at least try for one of our 2 top center prospects to start the season in Montreal.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Can Jets, Trouba get deal done? Arbitration date is looming for blue-liner

i wonder?????
If Max wouldn't sign an extension to go to LA I doubt very much that he'll sign one to play long-term in Dirtypeg. And at the money and term he's shooting for, I doubt that the Jets could afford him long-term. So now you're talking about a "win now" move for the Jets where they only keep Max around for one season and under those terms I don't see them giving anything significant.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
There are no dumb opinions, just differences of opinion.

I don't personally subscribe to the no leverage theory since Nash fetched a good haul at the TDL and MaxPac has more to offer, including a full season if someone jumps on him now.

I think there is the perception that Bergevin has lost leverage on account of not having been able to move the player at the TDL and at the draft, but who knows how much of that is what he was offered vs. how unreasonable his demands may have been. Suffice to say, the arguments are about how much more could have been had for Pacioretty -- and the fact that Bergevin is reported to be seeking a sign and trade for him is probably an indicator that he's not getting palatable offers.

Leverage is such a strange word to use. Bergevin doesn’t have anything over any manager to make them make a deal and pay more assets. All he or any other GM has is a player to trade and an ask.

It’s been well known hes wanted to trade Patches and that he wasn’t in the future plans of the franchise. As more and more details and rumours came out, all they did was verify or allude to what everyone already knew.

The only difference is that Bergevin has lost time and the longer he waits, the more of it he loses. The situation and the facts haven’t changed. As time goes on he may lose suitors but that’s about it.

The big issue it seems is that he’s asking too damn much tonteade Patches. That’s the only constant in all this. If he were to lower his price he’d have been able to trade a Patches by now. I suspect he’s looking at this from a risk reward of balancing off his return now vs what he might get later at teams are more desperate to fill out their roster closer to camp and get to the cap. A lot of teams made space for players they didn’t end up getting and they’ll have to address that at some point or face the ire of their fan base (Habs circa 2017). But leverage? I don’t think that’s really an issue.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
I absolutely agree that this is one of, if not the worst team in the NHL. It is that bad.

But I don't know if Bergevin believes that. And I'm not entirely convinced he won't at least try for one of our 2 top center prospects to start the season in Montreal.
Our center prospects can only play with the big club if they look credible in camp, play better than the centers ahead of them on the depth chart and salary cap, and, above all, demonstrate that they are defensively responsible and can play without the puck, easily the two most prized attributes a player can have (at least according to the Habs coaching staff)

Poehling himself has all but said that he isn't ready right now and won't be for at least another year. And Kotkaniemi is a teenager. No one should be expecting to see them next season or perhaps even the season after that. Scherbak was drafted in 2014 and he still hasn't become a full-time NHLer yet.

Reactions: dralaf

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Leverage is such a strange word to use. Bergevin doesn’t have anything over any manager to make them make a deal and pay more assets. All he or any other GM has is a player to trade and an ask.

It’s been well known hes wanted to trade Patches and that he wasn’t in the future plans of the franchise. As more and more details and rumours came out, all they did was verify or allude to what everyone already knew.

The only difference is that Bergevin has lost time and the longer he waits, the more of it he loses. The situation and the facts haven’t changed. As time goes on he may lose suitors but that’s about it.

The big issue it seems is that he’s asking too damn much tonteade Patches. That’s the only constant in all this. If he were to lower his price he’d have been able to trade a Patches by now. I suspect he’s looking at this from a risk reward of balancing off his return now vs what he might get later at teams are more desperate to fill out their roster closer to camp and get to the cap. A lot of teams made space for players they didn’t end up getting and they’ll have to address that at some point or face the ire of their fan base (Habs circa 2017). But leverage? I don’t think that’s really an issue.
He may lose some suitors and gain other, new suitors as the situation and priorities of individual teams change. Once LA gave up on Max and signed Kovalchuk the teams in competition for a playoff spot with the Kings instantly start seeing the need to keep up. So a team that didn't have Max on their radar before suddenly starts to consider him simply because a rival team went out and upped the ante.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Draft

Jan 23, 2013

The scary part is that this team has some offensive pieces that could really take off and a game changing goalie. If things go right, there's still a decent chance rebuild goes all wrong.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
The scary part is that this team has some offensive pieces that could really take off and a game changing goalie. If things go right, there's still a decent chance rebuild goes all wrong.
Plus a team with no pressure and nothing to lose tends to play looser and better. Not without skill. I think we’ll be better than most think though we’ll still be pretty bad.

It’s only to our detriment to be anything better than horrible and a bottom 3 team. Hope we can do it and load up again so we can accelerate the rebuild. If we end up with another top 3 pick and another top 2 D, we’re contenders in 2-3 years.

Reactions: dralaf

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
I just hate the fact of counting on a Pacioretty extension for a sizeable return as we all know how difficult it is to get a sign and trade done.

I'd rather believe that Pacioretty's value will be based on his remaining contract year and nothing further. It's really too bad that trading Pacioretty hasn't happened when he had more term on his contract.

Agreed. I'm annoyed with how we are going to be leaving value on the table when we trade Pacioretty... like we have done in almost every big trade. It sucks. We could have gotten a tonne for him if we had traded him last summer. Now? It seems like teams are either uninterested, are offering lowballs, or MBs ask is still way too high.

I'm beginning to think that we should hold off on trading him. I think his value right now is at an all time low. I would honestly expect a mid round 1st, an 'okay' prospect, and an 'okay' roster player, but nothing that really makes you feel like you got anything special.

As much as I would like to see him traded, I'd rather bank on him having a bounce back year at this point. Maybe his value rises a bit and we can ship him off somewhere in November.
If we get an underwhelming return on him, that's gonna hurt our rebuild. We need to get some good value to kickstart this thing in the right direction.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
The Petry trade was another good one, doesn’t make his recent blunders any easier to stomach.

Sure he has had some bad ones too, never disputed that. Every GM does though. I just find it's gotten out of hand. It's the same story with every GM. It's like people havent realized the parity is much greater these days than back in the glory days. Theres another 17/18 teams that havent won the cup other than us too, since 93.

Anyways preaching to the walls lol.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I don't think Patches' value really dropped on the basis of his performance last year. One bad year, no PMDs to hit him on the stretch, no credible centers, terrible year all around etc.

So if he gets back on track I think teams would expect that, but he wont because everything that I just said is the same for next year. But another bad year and I think GMs do offer less.

As it is , his TDL is late 1st, good young bottom 6 roster player and good prospect. I would rather have 2 assets of better quality, like a 1st and a top prospect, hopefully a LHPMD.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
the idiot at nhlconfidant saying Pacioretty trade almost done going to Pens with Drouin for Guentzel,Brassard 1st...total BS...even Bergevin is not that stupid.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

I only mentioned leverage cause it was used in your prior post -- the one I was responding to.

Call it a negotiating advantage if you will -- one that would have been greater had Pacioretty had more term rather than now having to hope and pray that some team agrees to a sign and trade, which is a long shot.

Main thing is, the Nash deal at the TDL is a baseline for me -- no way MB should get less than what Nash garnered. Now, let's see him do better than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille