Rumor: Rumors and Fake News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
question-mark_371769-630x330.jpg

Can we have a rumors thread? Like somewhere that only tweets etc. Are listed with their contents so instead of reading discussion on the player itself, I'm just able to see whether or not there's been anything new to report vis a vis their status?

You've been served.

Please use this thread only to quote rumors, good, bad, fake, whatever.

Continue to use the Trade thread for your personal trade ideas and fake lineups. This thread is strictly for rumors.

And feel free to take shots at your favorite faux insiders. :handclap:

Let the fun begin.

E5.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City

Yzerman probably called the Habs to see if they were interested in taking on a cap dump for some free assets and Bergevin probably scoffed at him and said we've already taken on too much cap space already and need the rest for our major 50+ million dollar trade deadline acquisitions.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
True story, my brother's cousin' sister' nephew heard we're going to arbitration with Armia & Danault. What a bummer. :sarcasm:

prairie hab

Jul 4, 2007
SK
Why the f*** can’t the Habs get in on this? Capspace to burn, yet crickets out of Montreal when your roster is missing a #1 C, #1 LHD, #1RHD for most of next season, and your top goal scoring winger won’t extend to be traded.

Beregevin and Molson can GTFO.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Why the **** can’t the Habs get in on this? Capspace to burn, yet crickets out of Montreal when your roster is missing a #1 C, #1 LHD, #1RHD for most of next season, and your top goal scoring winger won’t extend to be traded.

If Callahan is the guy tampa is looking to move, then also keep in mind that he has a nmc. It's not always a simple move.

That could explain why the rangers name is coming up, as he might not mind going back where he came from.

Reactions: Darz and vokiel

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Somehow turning Drouin into Karlsson would be just... incredible.

I mean, at some point, you'd think Molson would get a clue.

-Gallant just made the cup finals.
-Subban was nominated for Norris and was the best D for a cup run.
-Eller had an amazing playoffs, centering the 2nd line for more than a round on to a cup win.
-Girard was the centerpiece in the Duchene deal, a top 6 center.
-DeBrincat is already better than Drouin.
-Radulov just scored over 70 points.
-Desharnais is now in Russia, 2 seasons removed from being our "number 1" center.

Somethings gotta give.

Meanwhile, the GM who fleeced MB is using our assets to get the most productive defenseman since Lidstrom.

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
Why the **** can’t the Habs get in on this? Capspace to burn, yet crickets out of Montreal when your roster is missing a #1 C, #1 LHD, #1RHD for most of next season, and your top goal scoring winger won’t extend to be traded.

Ummm did we suddenly find a 2C?? I've given up on getting a 1C but it would be nice someday to have a 2C again.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Somehow turning Drouin into Karlsson would be just... incredible.

I mean, at some point, you'd think Molson would get a clue.

-Gallant just made the cup finals.
-Subban was nominated for Norris and was the best D for a cup run.
-Eller had an amazing playoffs, centering the 2nd line for more than a round on to a cup win.
-Girard was the centerpiece in the Duchene deal, a top 6 center.
-DeBrincat is already better than Drouin.
-Radulov just scored over 70 points.
-Desharnais is now in Russia, 2 seasons removed from being our "number 1" center.

Somethings gotta give.

Meanwhile, the GM who fleeced MB is using our assets to get the most productive defenseman since Lidstrom.
Thank you for that exhaustive list, this only proves that Molson is the most incompetent president this team ever saw.
It's all on him

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

Because the Sens took an inferior offer in their trade of Hoffman since they have a policy of not trading with division rivals. Which means they aren’t prepared to trade directly with two at once (Tampa and Montreal).

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
why can't we be the third team to eat some cap and acquire more assets?

I floated the idea of trading for a cap dump to get more assets in a Patches deal, why can't we do this here as the 3rd piece to the Sens-Tampa deal for Karlsson? Not that we'll get Sergachev back from it, but we could get a real nice piece to eat Callahan's deal.

Reactions: dralaf

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
why can't we be the third team to eat some cap and acquire more assets?

I floated the idea of trading for a cap dump to get more assets in a Patches deal, why can't we do this here as the 3rd piece to the Sens-Tampa deal for Karlsson? Not that we'll get Sergachev back from it, but we could get a real nice piece to eat Callahan's deal.

Cause that would need Bergevin to use his brain.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I hate Bergevin as much as the next guys, but I'm positive Callahan would rather go back to the rangers than come here. However, Bergevin is a bigger failure if he can't make at least another move where he takes on cap for assets.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Asked my friend today any news on Anthony Duclair. She said no. Marc Bergevin has not submit or call his agent about signing Duclair. She said apparently what he said at the press was to please the local.

She said Bergevin is still calling LA and had discussions with Blake recently. Maybe to touch base.

I said all I can base on what my friend who works for the Canadiens. I believe her. She said we never put an offer for Duclair days before he signed with Columbus. She also said LA was the team at the deadline that asked for Pacioretty days before TSN confirmed this before the draft. Go back to my posts.

Believe whatever you like and don’t kill the messenger.

Looking like our friend SakuKoivu11 had it right. He has several posts including the ones above, where he's been confirming that there was never any real interest or action by Bergevin to attempt to sign the player.

Nobody will kill the messenger in this thread. Keep 'em going. Anything about LAK or is that completely dead by now?

Reactions: 417 and blarneylad

darknife2311

Jun 29, 2018
Allan Walsh
@walsha

Czech born center Jan Kovar (one of the top scorers in the KHL over the last several years) has received multiple offers from NHL teams. He will be making a decision soon. Some video of this dynamic player here-

At least we will not have lost everything ... Kovar seems to be a good player with a lot of experience.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Not a rumour, but with the injury of weber. If im begervin. I will like to add some, so a guy like kevin bieksa on third pairing will bring eXperience for a young gun like juulsen. I think he is his idol. And some caracter.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
how do you make a tweet in a comment?

Click on the media icon, above (it's the one that looks like a film) and that will open a box in which all you have to do is insert your twitter link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad