Rumor: Rumors and Fake News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
MB's biggest mistake in 2012 was Therrien, but DD was the 2nd....letting Therrien ruin the development of others, because of mon petite davide.....
Others will disagree with us but this is essentially how it all started and once it started to unravel the team started making trades. Pacioretty is next and I wouldn't be shocked to see Price go as well and at this point it would actually be for the best, the team is not going to be competitive so unload everything you can for picks and prospects, it is what it is at this point. Play the kids and see what happens.

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
I believe MB has low leverage. With this new invented NTC a la Panarin, teams won’t pay high prize if they can’t resign.

As for the 1 year Radulov I was happy, but the media said it was such a bad move. Not keeping him and Markov was the issue or it would’ve fill the cap with no money at TDL. Funny part is that we ended up having sooo much money in no position to spend it.

Ev n if Stastny wanted to play here, we are rebuilding without mentioning it. My friend hate MB and was asking why not spend the money. I don’t want to do a Detroit move with Green and Vanek. It is such a weird move by them.

And to finish, Dynasty that once were will ofyen always be. People like to live in the past since they have facts. The Cowboys are the best nhl team but they are exactly like montreal. They’ve won so long ago and ride the reputation. Its a curse.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
The reverse Bob Gainey? Didn't MB already told him and his agent we would not talk about extension anyway?
That was obviously fake news as they didn't trade him as quickly as possible. Most probably Allan Walsh trying to reduce Pacioretty's value on the trading market and discourage low ball extensions by other teams at the same time.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I like Beaudin but his skating really scares me. It’s average and for a defenceman of his stature, it’s not enough.

If we are trading Max then the return should be Jokiharju. He has more upside.

Reactions: sandviper

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
This bigger than the team thing is total garbage. It's a chicken poop angle to support the unsupportable. Did the Oilers have to trade Gretzky? The Penguins Lemieux or Crosby? The Wings Lidstrom?

Not sure why you're bringing up Pacioretty. The bad will that started with Therrien is just being continued by Bergevin. It's just another case of cutting off the nose to spite the face.

The sooner you glom onto the fact that the Habs are run by renegade imbeciles, the sooner you'll stop repeating fables about Brand.

If a single player can overshadow a $Billion sports franchise, then I'll also be expecting hell to freeze over any day.

I never mentioned that you, or anyone else would like it or agree but that has been the reality of the Habs, before you probably even started watching hockey.

Of course a single player can overshadow a billion dollar club. You think Lebron didnt overshadow the Cavs? or the Lakers now? You think Ronaldo hasnt overshadowed Juventus? The difference is, those teams and sports allow that to happen. The Habs never did. Even in the Richard and Beliveau years,it was about the CH.

Chicken shit or not in your eyes,the sooner YOU realize this is and has been the reality, the sooner you'll get over it as fast as i have over the years.

Reactions: groovejuice

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I never mentioned that you, or anyone else would like it or agree but that has been the reality of the Habs, before you probably even started watching hockey.

Of course a single player can overshadow a billion dollar club. You think Lebron didnt overshadow the Cavs? or the Lakers now? You think Ronaldo hasnt overshadowed Juventus? The difference is, those teams and sports allow that to happen. The Habs never did. Even in the Richard and Beliveau years,it was about the CH.

Chicken **** or not in your eyes,the sooner YOU realize this is and has been the reality, the sooner you'll get over it as fast as i have over the years.

I understand your point and it's not an unreasonable point of view. We differ in that I don't accept or downplay idiocy. The players you mentioned are the fuel that makes sport franchises great.

Without these players, teams wither and often succumb to perpetual mediocrity. Stars make franchises great, not the other way around. To be ignorant of this fact, and worse to eschew it, is at the very foundation of self destruction.

Greatness must be embraced, not deported.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

That's the writer assuming Montreal should target him because the hawks freed up space/have been linked to be interested.

Recently drafted prospects are traded, but it's rare and I don't think it's the higher ones that are dealt.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
That's the writer assuming Montreal should target him because the hawks freed up space/have been linked to be interested.

Recently drafted prospects are traded, but it's rare and I don't think it's the higher ones that are dealt.

Sergachev

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I like Beaudin but his skating really scares me. It’s average and for a defenceman of his stature, it’s not enough.

If we are trading Max then the return should be Jokiharju. He has more upside.

If this is the return for Patch it will be a big let down imo. He's a good prospect but pretty much every teams have prospect(s) like him. He's far from sure to become a NHLer.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
If this is the return for Patch it will be a big let down imo. He's a good prospect but pretty much every teams have prospect(s) like him. He's far from sure to become a NHLer.

I am fully expecting to be disappointed by the return for Pacioretty and Chicago as a trading partner makes perfect sense.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008

Chicken **** or not in your eyes,the sooner YOU realize this is and has been the reality, the sooner you'll get over it as fast as i have over the years.

Ya I'm sure the Cavs sure are regretting all those consecutive championship finals and winning the championship. Good riddance to that scrub Lebron right? Did Michael Jordan overshadow the Chicago Bulls? Of course he did! The question is does having a larger than life star player hurt your brand or help your brand and attract new fans? Aside from the fact that star players actually... you know help your team win. Hate to say it but as much as people say no player is more important than the logo in front of the jersey, the reality is that most people buy a jersey for the name on the back.

Last edited:
Reactions: BehindTheTimes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad