Rumor: Rumors and Fake News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
Everyone here is talking about pacioretty, he's been traded like 10 times this offseason and during draft I mean come on, he's gone already.

:sarcasm:

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
People are too blind by their half minded hate for MB, they cant see how good of a trade that was.
No, they are not blind by hate...that was a good deal, he hasn't made many though. Realists are what most people on here are...MB has us regressing to the point that a major overhaul is needed, and there is no way to have confidence in him to do it...............MB is the clown that tried to go all in, failed miserably, and can't admit it...the man is in over his head.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
No, they are not blind by hate...that was a good deal, he hasn't made many though. Realists are what most people on here are...MB has us regressing to the point that a major overhaul is needed, and there is no way to have confidence in him to do it...............MB is the clown that tried to go all in, failed miserably, and can't admit it...the man is in over his head.

Maybe it's time to realize that the team was never a serious contender?

Reactions: BLONG7 and Edgy

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Yeah I picture Max as the guy who is just making sad daily calls to players around the league and pouting. Man I can’t wait until he’s gone.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Sure he has had some bad ones too, never disputed that. Every GM does though. I just find it's gotten out of hand. It's the same story with every GM. It's like people havent realized the parity is much greater these days than back in the glory days. Theres another 17/18 teams that havent won the cup other than us too, since 93.

Anyways preaching to the walls lol.
I don't buy the parity argument. Even in a cap system there are still teams flirting with dynasties. They may not win every year the way dynastic teams did 30+ years ago, but they are consistently elite and in the conversation every year at least.. The Habs have not been a serious part of that conversation since forever. Their best years since 1979, even their two championship years, they were always a dark horse team that no one was expecting to do anything. If certain teams can be in the conversation for close to a decade, even if they only win the Cup a couple of times during that span, it's still galaxies ahead of whatever it is the Habs have been doing for the past 25 years.

As for Bergevin, I've said it before and I'll say it again: if he's looking for sympathy he can find it in the dictionary somewhere between s*** and syphilis. He knew what the job entailed when he applied for it. He wanted the job, he went after the job and he got the job. Now that he's got it he needs to suck it up and do the damn job. Don't come and tell me that he didn't know that the standards for this team are different. Nobody cares about the parity argument in Montreal. You're the Habs and the expectations are what they are. You want to hide behind the parity argument? Apply for the GM job in Columbus or Carolina You want to manage this team? Find a way to win. Just friggin' win. Nobody wants to hear your excuses. "Render unto Habs fans what belongs to Habs fans". Stanley Cup parades are our birthright. So instead of spending your time telling us about how times have changed, how about just meeting our expectations like you were hired to do? We don't pay you to make excuses. We pay you to get results.

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
Yeah I picture Max as the guy who is just making sad daily calls to players around the league and pouting. Man I can’t wait until he’s gone.
Doesnt it say that Stastny called him? I mean I want Pacioretty traded but seems a bit much.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Doesnt it say that Stastny called him? I mean I want Pacioretty traded but seems a bit much.

Yes but it sounds like he pouted on the phone. Instead of saying “the fans are great, I love the city” he says “I probably won’t be here”. Just fits his pouty persona.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Maybe it's time to realize that the team was never a serious contender?
No kidding....we have been a middle of the pack, with a good young core...........now 6 years later, MB has made a mess of it...and our key guys who he have kept, are all 6 years older..............

No worries though, MB doesn't believe in windows of opportunity...............how'd that work out for ya Marc?

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
What do you guys make of this?

Man i must have missed the time where Yamamoto became a 6'3 center drafted top 10 overall. I'm not even sure Yamamoto will become better than Gallagher. Maybe i underrate the guy?

The 3rd in exchange of the 4th and 5th is close in value if Calgary sucks again and NJ continues to rise. So if Yamamoto doesn't become better than Gallagher it's basically Patch for Lucic which is awful specially if Edmonton can extend him to a better contract than Lucic.

I lol at any offer where a 1st round pick is not involved .

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

Stastny and Pacioretty were very productive linemates on a couple of iterations of Team USA. I imagine they're friendly because of that.

Pacioretty likely told him what anyone with both eyes and a brain would. That the team was in free fall and is rapidly deteriorating under Bergevin. In other words, "for God's sake man, stay the hell away!"

Bergevin is reaping what he sowed.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
picture maxy in a hab uni, cause that is what it will be!
9kq98g.jpg

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Stastny and Pacioretty were very productive linemates on a couple of iterations of Team USA. I imagine they're friendly because of that.

Pacioretty likely told him what anyone with both eyes and a brain would. That the team was in free fall and is rapidly deteriorating under Bergevin. In other words, "for God's sake man, stay the hell away!"

Bergevin is reaping what he sowed.
Is the article implying that Stastny called Pacioretty during the free agency period as a means of inquiring about Montreal as a potential destination?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Is the article implying that Stastny called Pacioretty during the free agency period as a means of inquiring about Montreal as a potential destination?

That's the implication as I read it. He presumably had an interest in playing for Montreal if Pacioretty was part of the equation.

Reactions: groovejuice
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->