Rumor: Rumor & Proposal Thread Vol. 11: Nucks pull the trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
We could benefit greatly through acquiring a 4th line centre and shelving Belanger as a press box depth player.

How about:

UFA rental C Matt Hendricks from Washington?
UFA rental C Jerred Smithson from Florida?
UFA rental C Mike Santorelli from Florida?
UFA rental C Jochen Hecht from Buffalo?

1 year left at 1.8M - Vernon Fiddler from Dallas?

I think Fiddler would be a great addition. Edmonton kid and would add scoring and grit to the bottom 6.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
It would be funny if the Blues ended up missing the playoffs...

Would any team sign J-Bow after his contract is up?

eS7

Dec 22, 2011
Saskatchewan
"In his defense it is just something we can't talk about" - Krueger on Hemmer's nagging injury.

Take that how you want, just something to add...

Jeff Lebowski

Jan 12, 2008
Other years I was against moving Jones but this year he's not the same player. He rarely finishes checks, can't really mix it up due to his facial injury and he's obviously scoring less.

So, he's not the same crash and bang type he once was. We need the jones of old, not this guy.

You must be seeing something different then me. Seems to me that he finishes almost all his checks. We don't have enough guys like Jones.

Jeff Lebowski

Jan 12, 2008
speculation is the the flames are asking for Bishop and something else for Glencross this is being discussed on the main board and there are several links to different reports and other talking heads

We better at least put an offer in. Glencross wants to stay in Alberta (I believe), so if he knows we have an offer in, he may only waive his no trade clause for us.:yo:

eS7

Dec 22, 2011
Saskatchewan
We better at least put an offer in. Glencross wants to stay in Alberta (I believe), so if he knows we have an offer in, he may only waive his no trade clause for us.:yo:

Glencross would be a great addition for us at the right price. But more than that if they traded him here before our game that would make our game on the 3rd even more interesting! :laugh:

jmoss45

Dec 31, 2009
EDM
Anyone think maybe the deal of getting somebody for downstairs as Steve put it, may be Jagr as a rental?

I vote no.. he is not worth to the Oilers what we'd have to pay to get him.

At RW we currently have Eberle, Hemsky, Yak and Brown. Where does he fit?

Non-physical skilled guys is what we always complain we have too much of, and now you want to add more?

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton

Non-physical skilled guys is what we always complain we have too much of, and now you want to add more?
Yeah its a bad thing to add future HOF and top 10 all time points getter when making a run for the playoffs:sarcasm:

At most Jagr woud cost 2 2nds or A late first at this point in his career. If Dallas cant resign him they will trade him.

The guy won 2 cups right around the same age as our young players. You don't think he could provide these kids with some valuable experience seemed to work pretty good for CG.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB

Ya but Jagr is a pretty damn good non-physical skilled guy. :)

As a rental for a playoff push... not a crazy thought to add him at all. Depends on cost of course... but imagine him in the lineup for this last month of games + the playoffs... that's the ultimate vet leadership right there.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Ya but Jagr is a pretty damn good non-physical skilled guy. :)

As a rental for a playoff push... not a crazy thought to add him at all. Depends on cost of course... but imagine him in the lineup for this last month of games + the playoffs... that's the ultimate vet leadership right there.

Exactly this the kind of move that shows faith in the team :nod:

ales83fan

Jul 13, 2007
do we have two seconds?

I would do that deal for Jagr.

Slot him on the other side of Hemsky with Horcoff, and move Yak with MPS and Gags. The guy is a beast!

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
What kind of optics would that be for Dallas to trade Jagr to the Oilers though?

He's their leading point and goal scorer and the Stars are 2 pts behind the Oilers in the playoff chase. Sending Jagr to Edmonton would basically be like saying... here we don't want a playoff spot this season... you take it.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
Disagree that Jagr isn't "physical." He's not a banger, but the guy is a tank on his skates and is damn near
Impossible to knock off the puck.

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
"In his defense it is just something we can't talk about" - Krueger on Hemmer's nagging injury.

Take that how you want, just something to add...

Waited too long to trade him again. Surprise Surprise.

I heard the Tambo interview between periods too, sounds OK but he might be waiting until Wednesday to make the deals. Does he not know that he can make a deal before then? Wake up early and turn your phone on. Probably doesn't even have email set up on his phone.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I've mentioned this before, but what are the chances that Belanger is on waivers before the end of the morning? My guess, right now, is atleast 50%

captaincaptain

Mar 9, 2011
if douglas murray and robyn regehr command two 2nds, jagr will DEFINITELY require more. also... jochen hecht? what is wrong with you people.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Dreger: "Do you trade Ryan Whitney, he's playing well and eating minutes, or do you keep him as your own rental"

Whitney's played well, much better then the start of the season, but slow it down a bit.

He included Habby in this conversation, because backup goalies, make or break most teams.

I like hearing from these guys (the experts) but they clearly only do light research before doing hits.

If you can move both, you move both.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Dreger: "Do you trade Ryan Whitney, he's playing well and eating minutes, or do you keep him as your own rental"

Whitney's played well, much better then the start of the season, but slow it down a bit.

He included Habby in this conversation, because backup goalies, make or break most teams.

I like hearing from these guys (the experts) but they clearly only do light research before doing hits.

I disagree, I'd keep both. We're to close to be moving guys out for picks. I think if anything we should be looking to upgrade on Potter and N.Schultz.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

If we can get a real good return fine, but moving guys for the sake of moving them is kinda pointless. This is a team that is playing well and thinks they can make the playoffs, what message does it tell Hall, Eberle, Gagner etc. when you make your team worse just to get some draft picks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille