Rumor: Rumor & Proposal Thread Vol. 11: Nucks pull the trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Why is Jamie McBain's name being tossed around? At 1.8mil seems odd they'd want to move him.

I thought they were looking for a d-man, seems weird to me. Maybe something can be worked with Whitney for McBain.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I could be wrong, but wouldn't today be a busy day with regards to waivers? Teams that need to send bodies down to the AHL in case of a trade would need some players to be cleared before hand, and today would be the last day to do so.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Having seen McBain a few times this year I would not want him. Guy is mistake prone. He can skate that is about it.

jetsfan85*

No to hecht. Thats is just not even close to what Oilers need in their mix.
Listen we dont need FINESE players we already got, MPS, Yak, Ebs, Hall, NUG, Hemsky.. we need to start adding grit players to play with our finese players to create and open up room and those grit players will fit ina nd help as well.

Id trade Hemsky before any of the players i mentioned. Youll get more back due to him being in league and teams knowing exactly what they are getting. Id like courtiouer, Gordon, Lucic, Clowe, Glenncross etc.. to be looked at, guys who are big and can get in the corners, in front of the net!

Since other teams are growing there depth... it pushes us too as well!

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I could be wrong, but wouldn't today be a busy day with regards to waivers? Teams that need to send bodies down to the AHL in case of a trade would need some players to be cleared before hand, and today would be the last day to do so.

I think that's the prevailing rumor. I believe that a number of these guys, if waived today, could clear before the deadline tomorrow, which means they can both be dealt and it would give roster flexibility to the team acquiring them.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
@ Jimmi

If they clear waivers and then are dealt they don't have to go on waivers again?

I thought it would more be clear waivers, sent to AHL, dealt and then called up by new club. But I could be wrong.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
joestevens29 said:
If they clear waivers and then are dealt they don't have to go on waivers again?

I thought it would more be clear waivers, sent to AHL, dealt and then called up by new club. But I could be wrong.

If they're recalled and play again, but it means the player (or this is my understanding) doesn't have to count toward your roster right away. Hense the Flexibility. Plus the Waiver risk is Significant lower (for marginal guys anyways) after the deadline as any player claimed post-deadline can't play in the playoffs with that team.

jetsfan85*

never mind... bob mckenzie didnt have edmonton on the 5 teams talking to clowe.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 2m
Blues now have 9 d-men on their NHL roster. Ian Cole and Kris Russell will generate calls from other teams and 1 could move before deadline

Neither guy really interests me unless we somehow move 2 or 3 of our own d-men and need depth.

Pennertration

Oct 25, 2007
Calgary
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 2m
Blues now have 9 d-men on their NHL roster. Ian Cole and Kris Russell will generate calls from other teams and 1 could move before deadline

Neither guy really interests me unless we somehow move 2 or 3 of our own d-men and need depth.

If we move Whitney, I wouldn't mind grabbing Russell for a late pick (if that's what it took). Don't know much about Cole.

Anyone else surprised by the low cost Chicago paid for Handzus yesterday (4th rounder)?

Calgary McOilers

Sep 13, 2008
Calgary
I am just puzzled why the Flames wouldn't insist on a guy like Ian Cole in the deal last night. I would be totally frustrated being a Flames fan right now. Just terrible.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
If we move Whitney, I wouldn't mind grabbing Russell for a late pick (if that's what it took). Don't know much about Cole.

Anyone else surprised by the low cost Chicago paid for Handzus yesterday (4th rounder)?

I would've thought about giving that up. Don't think it would hurt us to get another faceoff man for the rest of this year.

Pennertration

Oct 25, 2007
Calgary
I am just puzzled why the Flames wouldn't insist on a guy like Ian Cole in the deal last night. I would be totally frustrated being a Flames fan right now. Just terrible.

I forgot the part of Feaster's "wandering in the desert" speech where he mentioned giving away his canteen and compass for cactus seed.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

Why wouldn't Flames "insist" on just Getting the 1st round pick without the frickin' conditions. Feaster with SO much fail. I so want the Oilers to Pilage them

"Hey Jay we have the 'most skilled' player outside the NHL tearing up the Swiss league"

Giordano and Glencross for Omark, Peckham, Hamilton and a 2nd.

jmoss45

Dec 31, 2009
EDM
I think that's the prevailing rumor. I believe that a number of these guys, if waived today, could clear before the deadline tomorrow, which means they can both be dealt and it would give roster flexibility to the team acquiring them.

I read that as of today, the roster expands so that there is no limit on how many players you can have up. So at this point waivers would only be useful if teams are trying to send guys down or clear cap space.

Seems a bit cheap but he had a NTC, so he controlled his destiny. LeBrun also reported yesterday that Winnipeg wanted him, but wasn't willing to part with the 4th rounder it would have taken.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

At least they could say he was a former 1st rounder who still has potential.

Lebrun saying teams looking at Morris. I'd be making a call to see if we can get on the list of teams he'd go to.

Wretched Oil

Right out of 'er
Feb 19, 2008
What kind of optics would that be for Dallas to trade Jagr to the Oilers though?

He's their leading point and goal scorer and the Stars are 2 pts behind the Oilers in the playoff chase. Sending Jagr to Edmonton would basically be like saying... here we don't want a playoff spot this season... you take it.

Especially after the brutal April Fool's joke they pulled on their fans when they were losing in the 3rd.

On second thought, maybe they don't think about that kind of stuff.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
what would you say to signing Redden come offseason?

Why? He has had a few interesting games, but he will be 5-6-7 guy and we have a pile of them already and kids on the farm that want a shot

I would rather see fortnight flights between OK city and Edmonton with either Teurbert, musios, Marincin and Klefbom on them-- then have Redden taking up a space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad