Rumor: Rumor & Proposal Thread Vol. 11: Nucks pull the trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
As a Flame hater, the only thing that bothers me is they are now a lock to finish last....and it will likely not even be close! Of course they could still lose the first in the lottery but they are gaurenteed a stud with Jones or MacKinnnon or Drouin......of course, aside from Bart, that is about all they will have for good young players and it will be years before they get near the playoffs!

I'm actually glad to see they are started their rebuild and hope they get a top 3 pick. Make the BoA fun to watch again with 2 teams with a ton of youth

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I'm actually glad to see they are started their rebuild and hope they get a top 3 pick. Make the BoA fun to watch again with 2 teams with a ton of youth

I get the feeling that Baertchi will get ridden into the ground as the "young hope" in Calgary. Because there's not much there.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
He essentially said he wants to 'Add' to the roster albeit Rental or long term. As long as it will help the club out. He seems to be done with the 'invest in the future' crap :D

Edit - And REGARDLESS of position. He said if we can upgrade, he will.

Nice, I guess we won't cash in on Whitney, but it's good to know that we are ready to start taking the next step as an organization.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
I missed the interview, was that all that he said?

He was talking a bit about Whitney. He was saying about how they need a puck mover and being beyond trading for picks. He said he is also gauging his trades a bit on how it affects the dressing room.

jetsfan85*

He was talking a bit about Whitney. He was saying about how they need a puck mover and being beyond trading for picks. He said he is also gauging his trades a bit on how it affects the dressing room.

And it sounded like wednesday would b day to improve our team.

Lets hope thee is good trades for us

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon
Gotta say... I think we have to be buyers. I mean, nothing crazy, but if a deal is out there to improve the team Tambellini has to look at it.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Gotta say... I think we have to be buyers. I mean, nothing crazy, but if a deal is out there to improve the team Tambellini has to look at it.

Buy and Sell

Move Whitney and Jones, Habby if you can and Hemsky if the right deal is there.

Buy from teams looking to be pillaged, the Flames, the Panthers, etc. Add a defenseman and upgrade on forward group.

eS7

Dec 22, 2011
Saskatchewan
Hemsky killing his trade value again with his nagging injury...

Tom Gazzola ‏@TomGazzola 18m

Krueger says 83's got a nagging injury. Didn't want to divulge any details. RT @solo1138 what happened to Hemsky at the end of the game?

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon
Buy and Sell

Move Whitney and Jones, Habby if you can and Hemsky if the right deal is there.

Buy from teams looking to be pillaged, the Flames, the Panthers, etc. Add a defenseman and upgrade on forward group.

Hockey deals are not to he had at the deadline. You're not getting anything but picks and prospects for Hemmer. He'll be dealt in the offseason.

I think you keep Whitney and Jones. Deal picks and prospects for upgrades if you can.

If we deal Khabby we need a back-up coming back. I don't want Danis being our back-up.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Hemsky killing his trade value again with his nagging injury...

Tom Gazzola ‏@TomGazzola 18m

Krueger says 83's got a nagging injury. Didn't want to divulge any details. RT @solo1138 what happened to Hemsky at the end of the game?

Ugh. I hope nobody on the main boards reads this

Jarvi

Mar 22, 2012
Can I ask why everyone is so deadset on trading Jonesy? I am very biased in evaluating him since he is probably my favourite oiler lol, and I understand he has had a down year but so have others in the past who are making use eat crow this year (gags, prv, and dare I say it horcoff to an extent) and part of his struggles can be attributed to the injury and the lockout possibly (i am not sure where he was during it). To me jonesy of years before is the exact player I want more of in our bottom 6. I know he is a UFA at seasons end but he has shown to be an effective player for the bottom 6 that can even move up in a pinch for short periods of time.

He seems to love the oilers to so maybe he would take a discount ala smid. And with his down year it could help us with bargaining aswell.

But like I said I am biased so maybe someone else can shed some light on this for me.

eS7

Dec 22, 2011
Saskatchewan
Can I ask why everyone is so deadset on trading Jonesy? I am very biased in evaluating him since he is probably my favourite oiler lol, and I understand he has had a down year but so have others in the past who are making use eat crow this year (gags, prv, and dare I say it horcoff to an extent) and part of his struggles can be attributed to the injury and the lockout possibly (i am not sure where he was during it). To me jonesy of years before is the exact player I want more of in our bottom 6. I know he is a UFA at seasons end but he has shown to be an effective player for the bottom 6 that can even move up in a pinch for short periods of time.

He seems to love the oilers to so maybe he would take a discount ala smid. And with his down year it could help us with bargaining aswell.

But like I said I am biased so maybe someone else can shed some light on this for me.

With them trying to make a push I don't see Jones going anywhere.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003

Yeah, I would have liked Clowe or Penner, but the Kings have no need to move Penner and Clowe is sounding too pricey to pursue. May as well stick with Jones and see if he can do the job.

I still have my fingers crossed for Streit though. :crossfing He'd be a big boost in terms of passing from the back end.

Jarvi

Mar 22, 2012

Thats what I was thinking. But there was alot of people suggesting it a while back. Maybe that was during our bad stretch where playoffs looked hopeless. And now its just a select few who would upgrade him.

Anyways since we are on the topic of jones, what would you guys like him signed at in the off season or would you at all?

jmoss45

Dec 31, 2009
EDM
Other years I was against moving Jones but this year he's not the same player. He rarely finishes checks, can't really mix it up due to his facial injury and he's obviously scoring less.

So, he's not the same crash and bang type he once was. We need the jones of old, not this guy.

Gobo

Stop looking Gare
Jun 29, 2010
I'd be ok with standing pat. Not just because of this little run we're on, but simply because we're in a middling phase where we need to fully see what we have and make decisions in the off-season.

Hemsky4PM

Jun 25, 2003
Billeting Ales
Visit site
We could benefit greatly through acquiring a 4th line centre and shelving Belanger as a press box depth player.

How about:

UFA rental C Matt Hendricks from Washington?
UFA rental C Jerred Smithson from Florida?
UFA rental C Mike Santorelli from Florida?
UFA rental C Jochen Hecht from Buffalo?

1 year left at 1.8M - Vernon Fiddler from Dallas?

MetaOil1993

Jun 22, 2012
Edmonton
We could benefit greatly through acquiring a 4th line centre and shelving Belanger as a press box depth player.

How about:

UFA rental C Matt Hendricks from Washington?
UFA rental C Jerred Smithson from Florida?
UFA rental C Mike Santorelli from Florida?
UFA rental C Jochen Hecht from Buffalo?

1 year left at 1.8M - Vernon Fiddler from Dallas?

Yes to Fiddler and Hendricks. Hendricks is a winger though iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad