Rumor: Rumor & Proposal Thread Vol. 11: Nucks pull the trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
The Wings were in on Bouwmeester, but, in the end, they didn’t get him because they didn’t include a first-round pick, a source told ESPN.com.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/23150/rumblings-blues-wings-jagr-and-coyotes

Also states PHX taking calls on two guys in particular, Torres and Morris.

Dallas not sure what to do with Jagr. Sounds like they either sign him by tomorrow or deal him.

And again with 9 d, Cole and Russel available.

jmoss45

Dec 31, 2009
EDM
Boyd Gordon is a great suggestion. 58% face-off guy, who would be great on the 4th line.

That is the kind of affordable pickup that would really improve the team, while not costing all that much (likely 3/4th rounder or Curtis Hamilton-type return i'd imagine).

jmoss45

Dec 31, 2009
EDM

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 1m

Told the Dallas Stars have decided to trade Jaromir Jagr. My sense is Boston leads the list of front-runners

Wretched Oil

Right out of 'er
Feb 19, 2008
I don't think Hemmer gets traded because the cat's out of the bag as far as a nagging injury is concerned.

jmoss45

Dec 31, 2009
EDM
Say for a minute that Lucic was available, and they wanted a Hemsky+ return. Could we even afford him?

13/14- Top 9 forwards= over 41 mil & cap at 64
Hall (6)-nuge (3.75)-Eberle(6)
Lucic (6) - Gagner (likely 5)- Nail (3.75)
MPS (like 3)- Horcoff (5.5)- Smyth (2.25)

14/15- Top 6 forwards= 33.75
Hall (6)-nuge (6)-Eberle(6)
Lucic (6) - Gagner (likely 5)- Nail (3.75)

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
I'm confused? Didn't TB waive Hall, then just trade for him back?

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Any chance the Oilers could get Dallas to bite on a swap of depth centers and stuff?

To DAL: Belanger, Tanner House and 4th

To EDM: Fiddler and the Career enderer(Nystrom)

Dallas saves money and cap hit, Belanger from Fiddler, Oilers get a better 4th line center and a local guy.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Get Jagr.

Ring ring

Oilers "hey dallas. Heard ya looking to trade Jajr? What is the price?"
Dallas" Who is this?"
Oilers "Stave Tambo Gm of the oiler-we got some swagger town going on and Jagr is the guy to take us to the cup."
Dallas "Burke is this you? Oilers cup contenders? this year? Lay off the JOhnny Walker Gold man--- screwing with ya mind."
Oilers "No this Steve Tambo of the Oilers."
Dallas "Can't be, no sane GM would think the oilers will go all in only to get knocked out in the first round."
Oilers "watta ya mean?"
Dallas- "Rebuild maybe over, but the development is not. Take a look at MPS and Gagner -- in two years the oilers may look to go all in--not now."
Oilers "But I think were ready"
Dallas "Stave baby or whomever this is--don't cry--just give habby a 6 year 60mill deal and you will be all set"

LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

May 15, 2003
E-town
Ring ring

Oilers "hey dallas. Heard ya looking to trade Jajr? What is the price?"
Dallas" Who is this?"
Oilers "Stave Tambo Gm of the oiler-we got some swagger town going on and Jagr is the guy to take us to the cup."
Dallas "Burke is this you? Oilers cup contenders? this year? Lay off the JOhnny Walker Gold man--- screwing with ya mind."
Oilers "No this Steve Tambo of the Oilers."
Dallas "Can't be, no sane GM would think the oilers will go all in only to get knocked out in the first round."
Oilers "watta ya mean?"
Dallas- "Rebuild maybe over, but the development is not. Take a look at MPS and Gagner -- in two years the oilers may look to go all in--not now."
Oilers "But I think were ready"
Dallas "Stave baby or whomever this is--don't cry--just give habby a 6 year 60mill deal and you will be all set"

While I share your comic distrust of our GMs abilities, I certainly don't consider trading for Jagr to be "going all in".

Besides, if Chicago finishes 1st and we finish 8th, I love our chances.

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
Would love Jagr. Dallas needs dmen, any chance we can work something like Whitney/Peckham/Potter + 2nd +?? for Jagr.

Kid line
MPS-Gagner-Jagr
Yakupov-Horcoff-Hemsky

Would be unreal. Not to mention we could try to re-sign Jagr this summer so he wouldn't be a pure rental.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m
Waivers today: Kurtis Foster (PHI), Mike Santorelli (FLA), Steve Montador and Rostislav Olesz (CHI), Hall (TB) and Barker (VAN).

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Any chance the Oilers could get Dallas to bite on a swap of depth centers and stuff?

To DAL: Belanger, Tanner House and 4th

To EDM: Fiddler and the Career enderer(Nystrom)

Dallas saves money and cap hit, Belanger from Fiddler, Oilers get a better 4th line center and a local guy.

We need to get Fiddler just for his Bieksa imitations.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
So Tbay waived Adam Hall, lost him to Carolina, traded for him, and proceeded to waive him again?

The assumption from me is CAR didn't want to take Bergeron without giving a contract up. I'm also assuming CAR didn't like him during his time there. TB still doesn't want him so they waive him, but took him to get rid of Bergeron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->