Post-Game Talk: Round Robin #1 - Hibernation Continues - Team of Gritty 4 BRUINS 1 F

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
This is true enough but he was picked at his current size and on current ability. If you pick him, despite his current shortcomings, then play him. Perhaps Cassidy saw something that we missed, but otherwise if you decide a guy is good enough to be in your best 18 then I think it's questionable coaching to suddenly decide mid-game that he's not up to it. Surely better to keep rolling him out so he continues to learn. Sure Jack was pretty ineffectual in this game, but so were most of his more experienced teammates.

That's fair. When everyone in the media started asking so many questions about Studnicka Cassidy raised the question of what it would look like when it came to board battles. He doesn't pull that question out of thin air, it's a valid question, a 6'2" dude that only weighs 170 pounds is a slight dude. Even Krejci seemed to have questions about what it would look like when he was asked about Stud.I think Cassidy is giving him a shot given his obvious skill level but I think Cassidy knows Stud is not there yet and if Ritchie and Kase were able to play I'm not sure Stud would even have had a chance to play. The expanded roster allows a team to carry players in case there is a covid breakout but when push comes to shove and other options are available I don't see Stud in the line-up. Probably getting a chance now because others aren't "fit to play" and these games don't really matter much in the grand scheme of things but if Ritchie and Kase were "fit to play I'd bet he and others like Kuhlman and Bjork would not likely be in the lineup on most nights. Perhaps he could excel on the 3 or 4th line but he's not ready for top 6 yet IMO.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Has Kase ever played LW? Given that Kase and Pastrnak played a bit together before getting to camp, I wouldn't mind seeing a Kase - Krejci - Pastrnak line.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
It's pretty f***ing embarrassing that the league is making us play these stupid games for seeding when we friggin' lapped the entire league for the President's Trophy, not gonna lie.

The Bruin's effort is pretty f***ing embarrassing. Somehow other teams have managed to put forth an effort. Bruins have been content acting like this is game 2 of the preseason.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
This is fantastic news...just what I want to hear. Haggs right on point with what’s important (that’s gonna go over well *ducks* haha).

Hopefully Krug speaks for the rest of the guys and everyone now fully realizes you can’t play a fancy game, which we love, on July ice. There has to be a completely new mindset and game plan.
Quick shots. Quick passes. Quick plays. Go to the net. Work. Work. Work.

It’s a tough draw for a older core team like the Bruins, over teams with more young legs...but the Bruins have the experience if they can keep it close and the pressure up.

They worked hard in the 1st...skated...made smart plays...but the old ways were still there...and they never worked.

It’s time to change it up.

Attachments

• C6C3B849-9850-4963-9AE1-70095B1B9BB5.png
    C6C3B849-9850-4963-9AE1-70095B1B9BB5.png
    461.1 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: Absurdity

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
For a fleeting moment after Wagner's goal, I thought that tally would be the turning point. But to give the goal right back so quickly after was deflating.

The face-offs and ensuing puck battles were a disaster. Add to that their goalie outplayed ours.

I was thankful to see the B's again but it was ugly.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Thinking they can play like s*** for four consecutive games and then all of a sudden turn it on like a switch is a recipe for disaster.
Was it Milbury who said "you can't expect to turn it on just like that, it's like trying to catch a runaway train." I'm paraphrasing but the point is still correct. I see no life in those faces, in their eyes. I understand what they're probably feeling, that they won the season and deserve to be the #1 seed without having to prove themselves, that would've been the fair thing but this is the NHL. Very seldom does the league do anything that benefits the B's. Watching that abismal game just reinforced my disinterest so far. I'm hoping that they can turn it on and wake up but my fear is that the door has closed for the core and the next 8 months will be their swan song. Where there's life there's hope I suppose, and these guys (the core etc) are classy professionals and we've seen them pull themselves up by their bootstraps in the past so there's that....

Reactions: rfournier103

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
It's pretty f***ing embarrassing that the league is making us play these stupid games for seeding when we friggin' lapped the entire league for the President's Trophy, not gonna lie.

The league is doing them a favor.

They get some games that don't mean anything against top teams. Gives them some time to get up to speed.

Reactions: talkinaway

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Was it Milbury who said "you can't expect to turn it on just like that, it's like trying to catch a runaway train." I'm paraphrasing but the point is still correct. I see no life in those faces, in their eyes. I understand what they're probably feeling, that they won the season and deserve to be the #1 seed without having to prove themselves, that would've been the fair thing but this is the NHL. Very seldom does the league do anything that benefits the B's. Watching that abismal game just reinforced my disinterest so far. I'm hoping that they can turn it on and wake up but my fear is that the door has closed for the core and the next 8 months will be their swan song. Where there's life there's hope I suppose, and these guys (the core etc) are classy professionals and we've seen them pull themselves up by their bootstraps in the past so there's that....

Thing is, the way the whole playoffs is structured plus with me in large way disagreeing with them even playing....if the Bruins go out , I likely won't be watching anymore.
Today I watched the first period, wandered off for about more than an hour, then watched the last 10 minutes.

Reactions: Estlin

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Thing is, the way the whole playoffs is structured plus with me in large way disagreeing with them even playing....if the Bruins go out , I likely won't be watching anymore.
Today I watched the first period, wandered off for about more than an hour, then watched the last 10 minutes.
I watched the first period, then started doing things around the house. Installed an air conditioner etc during the second period. Third period I watched off and on but basically the team looks the way I feel, lethargic.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I watched the first period, then started doing things around the house. Installed an air conditioner etc during the second period. Third period I watched off and on but basically the team looks the way I feel, lethargic.

Dude , no wonder your not ready for hockey, you even missed most of summer.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Overall, a piss poor performance from the Bruins. Nothing more needs to be said. That's two games of the same output.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad