Post-Game Talk: Round Robin #1 - Hibernation Continues - Team of Gritty 4 BRUINS 1 F

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Now that I’ve let the dust settle from my initial disgust; they are in the playoffs already. These games are important if they want a lighter road, but two crappy games doesn’t change my expectations as to what they can accomplish.

I definitely thought they sucked, but I also think Carter Hart was pretty terrific. I think they will be ready to go when the official tournament starts. You just hope to see more life in the next two.

Yeah and the tv pbp crew thought he was the balz too. IMO he's over rated right now (in a couple years he'll be the real deal). He's a very good goaltender but still a bit away from the God that the NBC crew anointed him as. The Bruins were firing off his crest all game when they actually took a real shot and not over-passed the gas out of the puck.

Reactions: Aeroforce

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
I have been worried about this team since the very re-start and I don't see much that has changed my mind .

To start with I was hoping more players would've showed up for phase 2 than most other teams . In reality the bruins had a worse turn out than most .

Now to these last two games . My biggest worry is probably Rask who I think is awesome but he looked terrible in my eyes on every area of his game ..Tracking pucks , rebound control and most of all his movement looked slow .

Now even if Tuukka fixes his game the team at this point is in a different world than columbus , leafs , Carolina . I think the bye is a huge disadvantage for the round of 16 but if you can some how win a round it turns in to an advantage from final 8 on. And for the record tbay / wash looked like a different world to me than bruins / flyers .

So I guess in general I think we have a lot of improvements needed in a short time and hopefully we can be ready come next week . I don't care too much about the results in the seeding round but we have to get a hell of a lot better and time is ticking .

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
That game against the Flyers was absolutely dreadful.
Should they play the lowly Habs and come up with an effort like the other day look out. Carey Price is playing outstanding and is showing why he can be considered the best goalie in the league.

You will not be beating Price with your feeble scoring efforts like the last game. Price could hold the Habs in the games and then a breakdown here and there by Boston could give them the chances they need. Look at the defense against the Flyers.

Any series between Montreal/Boston usually brings out the best of the Habs. I for one hope it does not come to fruition.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I'm enjoying watching TB & Washington beat the shit out of each other.

I want Montreal to lose but Julien's got his team working together and Price has been on fire.

Carolina looks very good although maybe that's because they're playing a Rangers team that hasn't really shown up yet. Plus Quinn keeps putting Lundqvist in goal. I get he is their most playoff experienced goalie but the guy is toast now.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
Should they play the lowly Habs and come up with an effort like the other day look out. Carey Price is playing outstanding and is showing why he can be considered the best goalie in the league.

You will not be beating Price with your feeble scoring efforts like the last game. Price could hold the Habs in the games and then a breakdown here and there by Boston could give them the chances they need. Look at the defense against the Flyers.

Any series between Montreal/Boston usually brings out the best of the Habs. I for one hope it does not come to fruition.

We have very little shot of playing Habs even if habs win . Bruins would have to win both remaing games probably in regulation and it still might not be enough . The fact Bruins do get the nod in any ties does leave it possible but I'd be pretty surprised . I think we are looking at the three or four seed . Avoiding toronto / columbus winner is priority one for me and avoiding Carolina @ pitt is priority two . Chances are we will see one of those teams though .

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I'm enjoying watching TB & Washington beat the shit out of each other.

I want Montreal to lose but Julien's got his team working together and Price has been on fire.

Carolina looks very good although maybe that's because they're playing a Rangers team that hasn't really shown up yet. Plus Quinn keeps putting Lundqvist in goal. I get he is their most playoff experienced goalie but the guy is toast now.
I wouldn't mind seeing Justin Williams have another nuclear meltdown :laugh:

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
They « could » lose to any of them cause there is always some upsets.

But the Bruins « should » beat all these teams, especially the lowly Habs.

Bring on anyone. Bruins quest for a 2nd Cup and 4th SCF starts next week.

I’m trying to stay positive, as well. To me, it all comes down to if they get the message. They need a complete shift in mindset. A understanding that the way they won the Presidents Trophy isn’t going to be effective in July. It’s really tough. I feel bad for the team. They have to reinvent themselves for this environment.

It really is all going to come down to a focus on work. Their talent will show up in spots and put them over the top if they bust their ***.

Before this started I thought all this might be an advantage for Boston, a older core being fully rested for the playoffs is normally impossible. Combining rest and skill sounded awesome. But this ice really takes a lot of the skill out, because you can’t piece together enough slick plays to get to a finish. The puck will stick or bounce somewhere during the process. The process to the finish has to be simplified and dirtied.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad